It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA plan to save Mankind from Yellowstone supervolcano

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

how about this? building a huge dome or structure around yellowstone to direct the volcanos blast? Sure it may be exspensive but better than not living eh?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim
a reply to: M5xaz

Sorry I hurt your feelings, but at no point did I "rejoice" so not sure why you decided to claim I did.

I think you might be a bit delusional about how America is viewed the world over though, if the worlds population had to choose a continent to eradicate then it would be bye bye America.

Not about my feelings. You said destruction in America would be a "saving grace"; clearly, you hate America.

Being delusional is supporting genocide .

Normal people don't fantasize about which "continent to eradicate".

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

a reply to: LABTECH767

In what way does this backup his point?
Or any point made in this thread to me?

Maybe you need to read what I said and if you still can't understand how it differs from ramblings you just posted then you can ask me to clarify.

LABTECH767 provided links and source material.

Eruption of this supervolcano would have GLOBAL consequences.

I will put it in simple terms even you can understand:
- America is a worldwide grain exporter.
- No America=no grain=no food
- no food=famine
-famine = death, for 100's of millions if not billions= genocide

P.S. You may not know that but even people like you that dream of which "continent to eradicate" got to eat.
No food= you will die too.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Theres not enough concrete in all the hi ways in the US to make a dome that big.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: yuppa

Theres not enough concrete in all the hi ways in the US to make a dome that big.

And when you think about it, Yellowstone is already under a dome. A fragile one yes.

Building an artificial dome with so much destructive energy underneath would need a couple of kilometers of thickness and also an extremely deep and mega solid anchorage which would need to be quite a few kilometers away from the active zone.

Putting simply above but just not feasible at all.

Methinks!

Warmest

Lags

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Yah, I was being genteel.

Even if they could cover the likely spot an eruption might occur with some kind of cap, the pressure and heat from below will still find a way to squirt out somewhere else.

Especially over a hot spot like Yellowstone. The Hawaiian Island chain is over 1500 miles long, the entire crust of the earth can't stop whole islands forming. In the case of the big island the undersea mount is over thirty thousand feet tall.

An eruption peters out due to several factors, one being the cap formed above the magma chamber becomes to heavy, usually in the form of a cone that blocks off further activity. Until pressure builds again.

edit on 20-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

As I said. I read it first in Drudge and didn't realize it was the Star until afterwards - thought the article did sound a bit odd.

All in all it does bring up a great conversation on 'what can we do' and/or 'should we do anything'.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Where was I supporting it?

Cleary it did upset you since you've overreacted again with your emotional post.

I'll explain again... I don't support genocide or the destruction of America... but if it does happen, the only saving grace is that its America and not another country. Got it?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Congratulations you have both wasted your time answering a question that I didn't ask.

No America means no grain?
Seriously... you are extremely deluded or poorly educated.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Congratulations you have both wasted your time answering a question that I didn't ask.

No America means no grain?
Seriously... you are extremely deluded or poorly educated.

Projections issues, again - "deluded and poorly educated" check a mirror

1. Grain exports by country

www.worldstopexports.com...

2. On this same list, you will see that most grain exporting countries are located in the Northern hemisphere, which would be most affected by an explosion at Yellowstone; volcanic ash clouds know no borders.

3. You are anti-American, we get it. You posted enough about it, enough with the hate and the waste of time.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Exactly... so how does No America mean No Grain? It doesn't does it, because many other countries produce grain.

You just argued against yourself.

Also... your link is for WHEAT not GRAIN... so once again you are wrong.

And to top it off even further your link for wheat shows figures on exports so isn't taking into account production that doesn't get exported... say like China the number 1 producer of grain.

But thanks for trying you failed miserably to back up your point three times.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And you wonder why I might have a low opinion of Americans.

The dumb, arrogant, ignorant of everything outside of their own country stereotype isn't far from the truth.

As for the actual point of this thread, I'd wait till there is a more credible news source for this.

And while wary of the risks of any solutions suggested I guess at some point we need to do something or we just keep passing the even bigger risk of a massive world wide event onto the next generation.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Exactly... so how does No America mean No Grain? It doesn't does it, because many other countries produce grain.

You just argued against yourself.

Also... your link is for WHEAT not GRAIN... so once again you are wrong.

And to top it off even further your link for wheat shows figures on exports so isn't taking into account production that doesn't get exported... say like China the number 1 producer of grain.

But thanks for trying you failed miserably to back up your point three times.

You seem to suffer from severe lack of comprehension issues as well as anti-Americanism.

Read again

America is the No.1 exporter on this list. No America would mean the world would be short $5.4B worth of grain. Canada. just located to the north would likely be very strongly affected, as would most of the Northern Hemisphere, as I stated above.

You got caught in your anti-Americanism, felt exposed and trying to backtrack for supporting the "saving grace" of America's destruction.

Shameful.

QED
edit on 20-8-2017 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Are you arguing with yourself... because earlier you said.

No America=no grain=no food

Now you are admitting other countries produce grain... countries that are not America.

Also you keep quoting figures for grain when they are clearly for wheat.

Sit down and work out what you are trying to talk about before making your next post.

I called you out on posting BS.

Please explain why you are quoting figures on wheat not grain.
And why you are now talking about all counties in the Northern Hemisphere when you orginally stated America.
And finally why you said "no america... no grain" when this is clearly not true.

You can blame you faults on my anti-Americanism all you want, the fact you keep backtracking over your own statements is in the thread to see.
edit on 20-8-2017 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

A. Grains, definition:
a small, hard seed, especially the seed of a food plant such as wheat, corn, rye, oats, rice, or millet.

B. "saving grace", definition:
a saving grace is a good quality or feature in a person or thing that prevents them from being completely bad or worthless.
- America's destruction in the case of Yellowstone is not a "good quality or feature". On the contrary, it would make such
an event worse for humanity is a whole, removing a major source of relief in global disasters and REMOVING THE US FOOD
PRODUCTION

C. "if the worlds population had to choose a continent to eradicate then it would be bye bye America"
- In this thread, America was being referred to as the US, a country, not a continent
- I believe that most normal people do not fantasize about eradication of countries/continents etc.

D. "And you wonder why I might have a low opinion of Americans.
The dumb, arrogant, ignorant of everything outside of their own country stereotype isn't far from the truth."
- Confirms you are, in fact, anti-American
- Your statement itself is a stereotype, easily demonstrably false by the existence of US institutions such as the Smithsonian, the Guggenheim, Harvard, Stanford,etc

E. With respect to "solutions" proposed by NASA, I believe they are far too risky; drilling operations at much lower temperatures, depths and pressure in offshore oil for example sometimes go awry, despite the best of intentions. Risk/reward may be acceptable for offshore oil, but running a drilling operation in Yellowstone with a risk of a "global winter" is not.

QED
Again

Peace.
edit on 20-8-2017 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

A. Grain and wheat are not the same thing... do I really have to explain that to you? Even in your wikipedia definition of grain it tells you they are not the same. How are you not understanding this?

B. It would be a saving grace for me. Like saying the only good thing about a gunshot wound is that it didn't kill me. You really are desperate for people to like your country, what source of relief are you talking about? Also maybe without so many Americans the world won't need so much food, also you do release other countries are capable of producing grain. We just make America do it so we don't have to.

C. I think you are getting mixed up between fantasy and a hypothetical situation in which Yellowstone volcano erupts.

D. I'm not anti all Americans, just the ones who live up to the stereotype... like yourself for example. How does the existence of "Smithsonian, the Guggenheim, Harvard, Stanford,etc" demonstrate that anything I have said is false? Are you suggesting that since some people or institutes in America are considered intelligent that all people are? If not then it doesn't refute my claim that the American stereotype isn't far from the truth.

I really think you are having trouble understanding what I'm saying and since you like to deal in absolutes this proves my point!

But honestly please don't go past point A... I really want to hear how fumble around an explanation from switching from grain to wheat ... (pssst at this point its easier to just admit that you made a mistake when googling for figures)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
** ATTENTION ALL **

Let's not lose focus of the actual topic.
"NASA plan to save Mankind from Yellowstone supervolcano."

Let's not get distracted by side-issues and off-topic matters.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Failing, desperately trying to fumble a coherent response to dictionary definitions and facts, as well as your own objectionable narrow-minded statements.

Best for you to try to stick to the topic at hand, the "solution" proposed by NASA, highly risky and unwise IMHO.
edit on 21-8-2017 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

You don't know the difference between wheat and grain...
You also think all grain/wheat is produced in America...

So I highly doubt you understand the proposed solution let alone its inherent risks.

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: intrptr

how about this? building a huge dome or structure around yellowstone to direct the volcanos blast? Sure it may be exspensive but better than not living eh?

This sounds very similar to the plot of the Simpsons movie.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I understand quite well.

You,on the other hand, manage to try to find a way to misread a dictionnary definition, even when given to you.

....and antisocial to the point of finding the destruction 100's of milllions of Americans a "saving grace"....

Exposed.

SMH

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join