It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABBA...and IT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
ABBA had one of the strangest career trajectories ever. Everything about them is a bizarre story. Nothing was what it seemed, including their fame.

A while back I watched this gushing documentary on the group which had a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Most of it I knew about from my days (long ago) in the music industry, but this was the first time I'd seen some of it. The documentary was this glowing, over the top, bio on them...and I actually had to watch much of it twice. About halfway through I got this weird feeling, almost eerie. The second time through it was almost like watching a horror movie! Like the whole thing was this giant illusion.

I wish I could find that documentary (still looking).

If you drew two bell curves beside each other (maybe slightly overlapping, but not by much) on a piece of paper. The left bell curve would represent ABBA's active years. The bell curve on the right would represent their stardom, wealth and popularity. ABBA has made something like 100x the money they made when they were active since they've been inactive.

Maybe ABBA and IT were friends.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

sorry i must be missing something what is IT?

to add ...if you find that video please share it
edit on 8/19/2017 by torok67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: torok67

Well, it was kind of a sarcastic reference to the alien shape-shifter characterized in Stephen King's thriller "IT".

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
ABBA is supose to de doing a tour soon...they announced it last year . ...my sisters were a few years older then me, and I loved their music !!! ABBA was huge then .....Although I did find it weird that as married couples they both divorced and then remarried the others EX. ..basically they swapped partners. ...but still, I did love their music. ...not sure what other bizarre things happens with them...can you elaborate ?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: torok67

Well, it was kind of a sarcastic reference to the alien shape-shifter characterized in Stephen King's thriller "IT".

Sorry.

So you hate certain bands or their music. You say you 'were in the music industry', just wondering how many hit songs you produced?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't hate music or bands, and I certainly don't 'hate' ABBA. It was just a strange time.

I have produced exactly ZERO hit songs. (I worked in radio) Played a bunch, but never produced any.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

...can you elaborate ?

It was just the whole thing about their stardom. It was almost like they didn't get it, or they were disconnected from it somehow. I don't know how to explain it really. They did everything right, but it was like it wasn't real. All the moves where right, the timing was right, everything very orchestrated down to the minutest detail...and that was all on-stage. But then behind the scenes they were almost EXACTLY the same way...like everything in their world was scripted, every move choreographed. Almost like they were robots.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
That is weird ? I never saw much of the behind the scenes with them, other then the partners swapping thing ......Maybe they were on too many drugs and it made them robotic acting ? ...or...they sold their souls . There was a lot of devil worshipping back then.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

To the best of my knowledge they weren't really into drugs and/or the occult and that sort of thing. I mean, I'm sure there was probably some, but certainly not on the level of other super groups like the Rolling Stones, etc.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In my opinion , People will do strange things for fame and fortunes, and since there were 4 of them that quadruples their chances of desperation . ...so who know, maybe they agreed to be part of a test or something .....of course , they could have just worked that well together that they worked in synch perfectly . You know, great minds think alike theory , or birds of a feather flock together . But.....that's rare....and to be a huge hit in an industry where every who was famous pretty much sold their soul ,or climbed over others to get to the top,there has to be something there....they're not Angels ....or....maybe they are ???? ( conspiracy site had to throw that Angel part in....) and on that note I'm off to work, and maybe will play alittle ABBA and dance around a bit !

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't hate music or bands, and I certainly don't 'hate' ABBA.

Sorry, thought you were demonizing the band, comparing them to "IT".

demonizing, de-humanizing, discrediting, are safe forms of hate. So is denial.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The comparison was merely to illustrate things not being as they seem, nothing more...regardless of you may interpret it.

Perhaps I should have used a more soothing comparison for your ultra-sensitivities and triggered-ness.

BTW...are you now following me around on ATS just to harangue me? Not that I care particularly, but it does seem pretty juvenile. Harangue away.

edit on 8/19/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Didn't one of them die? Correct me if I'm wrong. Ill google it. The drummer died. Answered my own questions. I love this place.

www.billboard.com...
edit on 19-8-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

The comparison was merely to illustrate things not being as they seem, nothing more...regardless of you may interpret it.

Right, Abba is the devil. I agree things aren't as they seem, read my signature.

I troll the new threads page with my morning coffee. I click on thread titles, not OP names.

Just had to troll the notion that 'abba is (sort of) demonic...'

...sorry 'bout that.

(post by Flyingclaydisk removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

ABBA sounds like "Airbus" in French?

top topics

join