It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethnic relations in the US.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
For the purpose of this thread you can consider me white, although I have a mixed pedigree of lineage including Native American.

I'm going to start with a personal anecdote and go from there.

This morning stopping at the local gas station on my way to work, for cigarettes and coffee, a young black man held the door open for me on my way out. Actually caught the door as I was close behind him, but not to close. I told him thank you, as you do in polite society.
On my way in, I held the door for a young black woman, who chose to use the other door (double doors).
Did I take offense? To either situation?
No

I stop daily at this gas station, I have had countless times where I have held the door, or have have the door held for me. And likewise have had those awkward moments were you want to and then you are holding the door to long, and you let it go, just as someone walked up to it.

For today, I am talking about two black people. Why is that? It's because in the news ethnicity has become a thing to talk about.
So I check myself.
But here is the thing, I've lived on and off in this town for over 30 years. I've held doors open for at least over 20 year to be polite, and rarely do I think about ethnicity. But now I am. Because that is the new hot topic.

This is bad, this is the division someone wants to see. I do not think it's the everyday individual, I do not think it's the president.
But someone has set us up to fail.

And I want to know who.

I appreciate all respectful comments.

Respectfully yours,
Random.

Mod's if you feel this is better in another place. . .

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
it's not a new hot topic for people who aren't white... i'm just sayin. what you're just now being 'forced' to think about, others are obligated to think about for their own safety.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
it's not a new hot topic for people who aren't white... i'm just sayin. what you're just now being 'forced' to think about, others are obligated to think about for their own safety.

Oh sure, it's not a new topic.
It wasn't over 20 years ago, when I found out a member of my class was a card carrying KKK member.

But in my short time on this world ethnicity, nor other social concerns, has not been an issue, due to my parents guidance, my grandparents guidance, and reinforced daily by the respect I see from strangers of all walks of life.
That is my point.
So, if I may ask you, why is it an issue now?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I try every day to hold minority folks down.
I have absolutely no power to do so but somebody sure seems to think I can.
It's my fault they shoot each other in Chicago.
It's my fault they have kids without marriage.

Man I sure can do about anything.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme
It is an issue now because the Western Financial System has lost total domination over the worlds economy. As a result, if we do not struggle during the ongoing world war 3 to keep certain nations from crossing over the the Eastern Paradigm, or the rising empire, we stand a chance at having a very severe fallout financially which appears to be inevitable anyways. Essentially what has been going on for the last few years particularly is a global war to decide the outcome of which empire(s) will have bigger influence over the 21st century.

So in essence, this fabricated racial tension, which is actually quite an amazingly elaborate stage production is a distraction from the actualities of global hegemony, the conflicts that determine the outcome of that, and the impending and inevitable hardship our financial system is going to be hit by as a consequence.

That in a nutshell, is why the stage production of race wars , or Helter Skelter seems to have popped up out of nowhere. Because the turth was racial equality was going in the right direction until Obama took charge and allowed racism to spring forth once again on the national stage, but this time by the opposite spectrum. It was designed this way because the first retaliation by Russia and the East happened in 2009 on Obama's opening year when they sttruck back at NATO encroachment into Georgia.

I know that is alot to take in, but it is the reality of what is happening and why racial/ethnic tensions were intentionally directed into a culture war by the media, deep state, and certain politicians and businesses. How could the media survive if it actually told its citizens our empire is in decline and that we are fighting a global war to keep what is left of our influence otherwise our financial system will collapse?? Color me silly, but that is too difficult of a conversation to have on national broadcast.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Best thread in the internet today.

Everyday black, white, latin, asian, and us mongrels all manage to make it through our days civilly and politely without issue. Meanwhile for 8 years there were hate group rallys across theUS without media coverage. In fact, starving them of attention used to be conventional wisdom.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I disagree with your use of "stage production", as that is my industry.
Us in the liberal arts are used to dealing with hard hitting subjects without prejudice as the two are pretty mutually exclusive.
But I do understand your metaphor.
But do clean it up next time you use it, because anything performing arts related is very neutral, except for script or director.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We have them here in KC, and they got local media attention, usually 20 klan, and 2000 counter protestors. Kinda of WBC type thing. I don't remember one as large as the one in Charlottesville, or so highly publicized, maybe I have not been paying enough attention.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Best thread in the internet today.

Everyday black, white, latin, asian, and us mongrels all manage to make it through our days civilly and politely without issue. Meanwhile for 8 years there were hate group rallys across theUS without media coverage. In fact, starving them of attention used to be conventional wisdom.

Yes sir.
I was unfriended by an old cohort on FB, by suggesting she was giving credence to a white supremacist by posting his words. . .
But this is today.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Personal? Financial? Could you elaborate?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Media perception is a very fickle thing. That much I've come to know.

Would an EMP really be that big of a setback at this point?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

right-wing militias and hate groups have been on the rise since obama was elected. my personal theory is that before having to deal with a black president, most white people felt like the races were in their places well enough (the ones who care about that, anyway), and those who didn't were definitely seen as fringe by most. however, you add having a black man in the highest office at the same time the economy has done a slide into some not-so-neat conditions, you have the perfect condition that leads discontented young men into these fringe groups, because someone is selling them on the idea that they deserve more than they're getting.

kinda like ISIS, but white.

now you add in a president who dogwhistled to nazis and racists throughout their campaign and selected a chief white nationalist as a close adviser... they feel bold now.
edit on 18-8-2017 by fiverx313 because: #notallwhitepeople
edit on 18-8-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Media perception is a very fickle thing. That much I've come to know.

Would an EMP really be that big of a setback at this point?

Yeah it would be, the gov't could do whatever the hell they wanted, and we wouldn't find out for weeks.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I would contend that they already are. The media failed to alert us this time as well.

Regardless, I was only being half-serious. The death toll alone from such an event would be astronomical. I'm simply stating that the web the media has created has it's tendrils on the pulse of Americans.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I'm going to tell you not to think of pink llamas.

Don't imagine pink llamas.

Ever.

. . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . what are you thinking about?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I would contend that they already are. The media failed to alert us this time as well.

Regardless, I was only being half-serious. The death toll alone from such an event would be astronomical. I'm simply stating that the web the media has created has it's tendrils on the pulse of Americans.

And I would agree, but it is on both sides. Those that only get their news from one source are a peril to us all. We all must live together, and common ground needs to be found. There are several members on this site, again from both sides, that do that daily. All you have to do is look at the links they post.
edit on 8/18/2017 by BubbaJoe because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

right-wing militias and hate groups have been on the rise since obama was elected. my personal theory is that before having to deal with a black president, most white people felt like the races were in their places well enough (the ones who care about that, anyway), and those who didn't were definitely seen as fringe by most. however, you add having a black man in the highest office at the same time the economy has done a slide into some not-so-neat conditions, you have the perfect condition that leads discontented young men into these fringe groups, because someone is selling them on the idea that they deserve more than they're getting.

kinda like ISIS, but white.

now you add in a president who dogwhistled to nazis and racists throughout their campaign and selected a chief white nationalist as a close adviser... they feel bold now.
edit on 18-8-2017 by fiverx313 because: #notallwhitepeople

I disagree with your assessment. But thank you for sharing. extra DIV

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Agreed. I recently made a thread on it actually. Day to day Americans walk, talk, engage in commerce as well as discussion and debate, settle difference and ultimately compromise in some fashion. Why are we not represented in the same fashion?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm going to tell you not to think of pink llamas.

Don't imagine pink llamas.

Ever.

. . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . what are you thinking about?

Having dealt with the devils creation that are Llamas, I promise you I am not thinking of them, I prefer animals that have a purpose.
Turtles, I'm thinking of the great A'tuin.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I disagree with your assessment. But thank you for sharing.

no prob. my assessment is no doubt influenced by where i grew up, where i've lived as an adult, friends i've had, and internet communities i've been a part of and/or observed. as are we all so influenced

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join