It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians Support Trump?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

Another reason why no Christian should ever support Trump.

Compared to 2 Corinthians 3:17

17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

God (specifically the Holy Spirit) protects Christianity by providing liberty. A smart Christian would realize that a politician can not replace the Holy Spirit.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Why ask us what to do, if you believe in god ask him/her for the answer .

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Why don't you actually read that Luke verse in context with what is happening in the story instead of picking out that one line as if you know what it means. You don't.

They were heading off to get arrested and even then when Peter draws his sword to protect Jesus, Jesus makes him put it away again and tells him "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."

You can't just pull one line out and use that as meaning anything.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist

And he will not be reelected. Those liberals you hate stayed away from the booth for a number of reasons. They will not again. They have now had a dose of the reality that people like Trump offer and will sweep him out when the time comes, if he is still there.

Well another leftist lunatic could try to take him out... there are plenty of them out there for sure.

We will see. I bet you fell on the floor when he beat Hillary. I saw it coming a mile away.

Actually Standing, I did not fall on the floor. I hang out on ATS and as much as I dislike Trump, was never a Clinton supporter. As well as it was clear to any of us who try to keep a finger on the pulse that Trump was nearing a last minute come from behind. Even that goof Michael Moore saw it coming, warned the Democrats and they were to dumb to listen.

And those lefitst lunatics you mention? I think not. All it would take would be a moderate person with honest morals and a good strong loving Christian message to keep Trump from office again. That could be easily done from with in the Republicna Party too.

OOOOH I thought you were referring to an act of assassination.

My Apologies.
I don't know what I said that might have been interpreted in that manner. If you would repeat it to me it would be nice so that I might correct my sloppy speech. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
OOOOH I thought you were referring to an act of assassination.

My Apologies. I don't know what I said that might have been interpreted in that manner. If you would repeat it to me it would be nice so that I might correct my sloppy speech. Thanks.

Sure you said....

They have now had a dose of the reality that people like Trump offer and will sweep him out when the time comes, if he is still there.

If he is still there... is where I got the idea... where would he go?

Again, my bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Why don't you actually read that Luke verse in context with what is happening in the story instead of picking out that one line as if you know what it means. You don't.

They were heading off to get arrested and even then when Peter draws his sword to protect Jesus, Jesus makes him put it away again and tells him "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."

I know the context very well, the Apostles were going to need those swords to protect themselves from MEN when Jesus returned to Heaven.

Christians were never mean't to lie around and let harm come to themselves.

I have no problem defending myself or family, with a gun if necessary.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Amen to that
We could sure use a Regan now. His approval rating would suck because the media would hate him more now than they did then .

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Politics and religion are two things that just aren't going to ever mix in this country. We've gone too far down the road toward secularism and away from morals because ... relativism. Up is down and down is up and all the rest follows along. So at best, I can vote for the candidate least likely to interfere with how I prefer to live my own life.

That means I try to determine who is less statist.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

It's ok, I think I understand. You are so sure about him, that he will carry us on and solve our problems that the thought of either him being ousted or out right abdicating does'nt even enter your mind. Within that context of rock solid belief, the only other option I can find is the one you mentioned, the way you interpreted my words as suggesting an assasination attemp.

I find this very interesting, don't you?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

...and there's no right lunatics out there? You have a larger than life lunatic sitting in the White House.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

That's a common theme among Trump supporters. Twisting the words of the POTUS to try and justify his ignorant statements.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

...and there's no right lunatics out there? You have a larger than life lunatic sitting in the White House.

OF COURSE the right is FULL of NUT JOBS!!!

But here's the difference, we ADMIT it!

The Left doesn't even admit they have lunatics on a massive scale...

Anyone who supports the notion that you can CHOOSE your Gender but are BORN gay
is a LUNATIC... which is about 90% of the left.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I feel christians should evoke self immolation in protest...

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

What worked? The bus driver took illegals from Ca. to Nev. to vote and 'it worked' .. What worked?

Didn't Herr Drumpf 'win'?

Did the bus driver call WHILE operating the bus?

So the Bus Driver drives a bunch of illegals TO Nev. and then drove them BACK? Doesn't that make the bus driver an accomplice?

Is there a fee to speak to the Bus Driver?

Is the Bus Driver a Chris†ian™ ?

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The very fact that Trump held up a Bible and claimed to be a Christian should send chills into every Christian's heart. The fact that Trump announced that he's never "repented" to God for anything, because he's never done anything wrong, should be enough for every Christian to denounce him a lying fraud, a wolf in sheep's clothing, outright!

If the OP thinks they can force God's hand to hasten the "2nd Coming", they are of "little faith". If the OP thinks they have to force what they think are Christian values and behavior on people, like forced births and oppressed sexuality, then they're not doing Christianity right!

Christianity is about being one with Christ, and Christ is NOT of this world. If it were not true, he would have told us so!

edit on 19-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Of course they should.

Why would anyone think not?

peace

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Im sorry, but I chuckle every time a "christian" says anti gun is against their values.

you can be pro 2nd amendment and still be anti guns in general. I think Jesus would tell ya you dont need the gun. You know.. other cheek and all....

Maybe there is a new translation.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. But if thou carry in thy hand a fire arm then surely ye may blast them in the cheek my homies."

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'll reiterate what I tell everyone one the left that gives me a stupid look when I say I voted for trump. Give a democratic canididate that is probworking people and not pro hand out, that is not anti-white, anti-rural America, that doesn't get themselves encased in gender or racial politics and I guarantee you will win the moderate vote.

The last election people either stayed hom or voted for trump for 2-3 reasons that were moderates. 1. Utter dislike for Hillary, utter dislike for obamas gender and racial politics. Now conservatives and evangelicals voted for him because 1, he would put a conservative judge in and whoever controls the Supreme Court controls the future. 2 hard core anti-democrat, 3 pro military, police which Hillary and Obama were not.

All that said the last 3 elections in my opinion have come down to the lesser of two evils. I voted Obama 2x because he was better than Romney and McCain. I voted trump because sanders was cheated, Hillary is a snake and while I think trump is an utter moron I hope the democrats learn their lesson and put a more moderate in. NOTE: Obama wasn't a moderate, nor is hillary. Bill Clinton was a moderate and I voted for him 2x. So just to recap, the last 4/5 elections I voted dem, and I consider myself a moderate republican. Give me a decent candidate and I will vote dem again.

Camain
edit on 19-8-2017 by camain because: 4/5 instead of just 5

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

What worked? The bus driver took illegals from Ca. to Nev. to vote and 'it worked' .. What worked?

Didn't Herr Drumpf 'win'?

Did the bus driver call WHILE operating the bus?

So the Bus Driver drives a bunch of illegals TO Nev. and then drove them BACK? Doesn't that make the bus driver an accomplice?

Is there a fee to speak to the Bus Driver?

Is the Bus Driver a Chris†ian™ ?

Nevada went to Clinton. That's how it worked.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Excuse me,but turn the other cheek is for NON life threatening situations alone. This is a common failing of being taught the meaning and usage of certain passages or stories.

Theres another one they dont teach well. Keeping to your own kind. THAT has been a huge problem in SOuthern states up until after the 60s. Many assume i t means keep to your own ethnicity,but no it just means stick to people with the same spiritual beleifs. Black and white preachers have used this to divide us from one another.

Also Cathlics are almost as messed up as mormons about following th e OT instead of what they are to do and follow the NT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join