It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christians Support Trump?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is a very hot topic in our Country right now, and this question is brought up all the time in circles I run with, so here is my take on the subject. When Trump ran against Hillary I was a HUGE Trump supporter, not because he was a Christian, because I see no evidence of Christ in him. Not because he was a conservative, because I see very little conservatism in him. Not because he was a great politician, because I knew he wasn't in politics. But simply because he was running against Hillary Clinton, which would have been another 8 years of the Obama Agenda... which as a Christian I could never support. He also marked the first time a pure business man would enter the White House, which is what I believe our Country needs more than anything.

Obama ran as pro-life and governed as pro-choice, he ran as a supporter of traditional marriage and governed as a beacon for gay marriage. He appointed a liberal justice to the SCOTUS (just what we didn't need). He ran as pro-second amendment and governed in the opposite extreme. He was truly a wolf in sheep's clothing, and Hillary would have carried his banner on through her Presidency.

So if I had the choice today, right now after the events in Charlottesville, between Trump and Hillary, I am still voting for Trump. Hands Down.

One of my black friends (maybe former friend) called me a racist for voting for Trump... hard to be when my wife is black, half my family is black and future children... half black. But that is what the left is great at doing... shouting racist at every turn...

But hey at least the mainstream media stopped talking about Russian Collusion 24 hrs a day...!

Here is my prediction... Trump will appoint ANOTHER conservative justice, he will create a crap ton of new jobs and he will get re-elected.
Mark my words. So should a Christian support Trump?! When the other choice is a liberal, anti-gun, pro-choice, lifelong politician.... YES YES YES
edit on 18-8-2017 by StandingTallForChrist because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist

Mark my words. So should a Christian support Trump?! When the choice is a liberal, anti-gun, pro-choice, lifelong politician.... YES YES YES

Im sorry, but I chuckle every time a "christian" says anti gun is against their values.

you can be pro 2nd amendment and still be anti guns in general. I think Jesus would tell ya you dont need the gun. You know.. other cheek and all....

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

Vote for who you want.

The idea that we even have to justify why or who we vote for is silly.

In my opinion.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ha!

As for voting, I have voted for the lesser of 2 evils for quite some time now. I have not voted for a candidate I wanted since Ronald Reagan.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Mark my words. So should a Christian support Trump?! When the choice is a liberal, anti-gun, pro-choice, lifelong politician.... YES YES YES

Im sorry, but I chuckle every time a "christian" says anti gun is against their values.

you can be pro 2nd amendment and still be anti guns in general. I think Jesus would tell ya you dont need the gun. You know.. other cheek and all....

Here are the words of Jesus...

He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. LUKE 22:36

I am sure if they had guns, he would have stated that a little differently.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I should have paid more attention in catholic school. Jesus loved guns.. who knew I had the wrong image of him this whole time!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Romans 12
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Christians aren't supposed to conform to the "pattern" of this world. Politics is one of the patterns of this world and is divisive, Jesus wanted unity not division.

Matthew 19
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

How do Christians expect a rich man to help them when he can't even help himself? He's a billionaire, he's going to have a hard time entering God's kingdom so I don't see how he's fit to guide people here on Earth.

Trump is the antithesis of Jesus, a greedy and power-hungry man.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Well there you are Standing.

The Christians with which I was raised would recoil at the thought of a man like Trump being a spearhead for Gods plan on earth.

You say that you

pure business man would enter the White House, which is what I believe our Country needs more than anything.

and I would offer that that is way down the list from more faith in God.

As to your predictions. One, he has never been a pure business man. Rather he has been a predatory capitalist. He has bought and sold with out creating much at all. He has bought business and done nothing but plaster his name in bold print on their walls and fuselages. His businesses have catered to gambling and other non-Christian like vices.

And for the jobs you think he will create? Bosh. I do not see that happening for reason to complex and abundant to go into.

And he will not be reelected. Those liberals you hate stayed away from the booth for a number of reasons. They will not again. They have now had a dose of the reality that people like Trump offer and will sweep him out when the time comes, if he is still there.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

And he will not be reelected. Those liberals you hate stayed away from the booth for a number of reasons. They will not again. They have now had a dose of the reality that people like Trump offer and will sweep him out when the time comes, if he is still there.

Well another leftist lunatic could try to take him out... there are plenty of them out there for sure.

We will see. I bet you fell on the floor when he beat Hillary. I saw it coming a mile away.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
My Mother a devout Southern Baptist, very conservative, Texan, Republican, called Trump "white trash SOB" when she heard his pussy grabbin comment.

She never swears but she has proven to be correct with her evaluation of Trump and recently she stated that Trump looks like a "sissy"....

edit on 18-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Im sure you saw Trump losing by 3 million votes, only to squeeze out wins at around 50k (Pennsylvania) to play the electoral college boardgame.

Pity you dont have the post history here to prove your Nostradamus genius

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

If the Christians pay Federal Taxes, they should support Trump's agenda. Especially efforts related to significantly reducing the amount of money that each of us has to send to the U.S. Treasury from every paycheck.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Im sure you saw Trump losing by 3 million votes, only to squeeze out wins at around 50k (Pennsylvania) to play the electoral college boardgame.

Pity you dont have the post history here to prove your Nostradamus genius

Squeeze out wins??? The map was BLOOD red.... it was hilarious.... and sad... wait not sad... HILARIOUS

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Well another leftist lunatic could try to take him out... there are plenty of them out there for sure.

We will see. I bet you fell on the floor when he beat Hillary. I saw it coming a mile away.

Actually Standing, I did not fall on the floor. I hang out on ATS and as much as I dislike Trump, was never a Clinton supporter. As well as it was clear to any of us who try to keep a finger on the pulse that Trump was nearing a last minute come from behind. Even that goof Michael Moore saw it coming, warned the Democrats and they were to dumb to listen.

And those lefitst lunatics you mention? I think not. All it would take would be a moderate person with honest morals and a good strong loving Christian message to keep Trump from office again. That could be easily done from with in the Republicna Party too.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I know itll look like that when the big puzzle pieces in the middle of the board represent grasslands and corn.....

but again. On planet earth, Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million. and eeked out states like Pennsylvania by 50 thousand votes.
edit on 18-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

link   
Should Satanists still support Hillary after she failed to turn the world over to the dark lord?

link   
a reply to: bknapple32
Nice

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Actually Standing, I did not fall on the floor. I hang out on ATS and as much as I dislike Trump, was never a Clinton supporter. As well as it was clear to any of us who try to keep a finger on the pulse that Trump was nearing a last minute come from behind. Even that goof Michael Moore saw it coming, warned the Democrats and they were to dumb to listen.

And those lefitst lunatics you mention? I think not. All it would take would be a moderate person with honest morals and a good strong loving Christian message to keep Trump from office again. That could be easily done from with in the Republicna Party too.

OOOOH I thought you were referring to an act of assassination.

My Apologies.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
bknapple32

Are you counting the millions of illegal votes Clinton bused in?

edit on 18-8-2017 by StandingTallForChrist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

bknapple32

Are you counting the millions of illegal votes Clinton bused in?

No. Cause those are made up and without fact or merit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join