It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Forsyth dies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Bruce Forsyth has passed away. One of my predictions for this year in that prediction thread for famous people to die this year.

news.sky.com...

For those who don't know, he was a very popular game show host in the UK since 70's. used to watch him when i was a little boy although he started in showbiz at the age of 14.

Nice to see you, to see you nice.

R.I.P

edit on CDTFri, 18 Aug 2017 10:54:12 -05000000003110x112x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Sad. Another institution passed. R.I.P. Sir, your contribution is impossible to estimate.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The man was a national institution. I spent many happy hours watching him on TV when younger (30 years ago, Family Fortunes and The Generation Game spring to mind.) I hope we can all be unanimous and say that Bruce, right up to the very end played a very "Good game, good game!" R.I.P. Mr Forsyth and condolences to your friends and family.
edit on 18/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

ETA Seeing as I've been out of England for quite a while, if anyone wants a trip down memory lane I just found this, which I haven't seen. Bruce's roast. It's great!

edit on 18/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

ETA2 Wrong vid!
edit on 18/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hear, hear.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

A family member worked at BBC Television Centre in London during the 1970's.

His verdict " Not a nice person " Arrogant, aloof, swollen headed to name a few of the terms used. Another would be downright rude.

edit on 18-8-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It's my prediction that it will be discovered that he was a raging paedophile..

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Do you have any solid reason for thinking that? It is possible of course, but you could hedge that prediction with a degree of certainty in regards of the entertainment industry.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Mr Entertainment has left the building.
Its sad news for us but Brucie hadn't been well for a long time now and was bed ridden which must have been terrible for an active chap like himself , his spirit is free now to dance among the stars unencumbered by the frailties of old age.

RiP Sir Bruce , you were a class act the like of which we will not see again.
Nice to see you to see you .....

edit on 18-8-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

For those who don't know, he was a very popular game show host in the UK since 70's. used to watch him when i was a little boy although he started in showbiz at the age of 14.

Nice to see you, to see you nice.
R.I.P

Sad to see Brucie passing, R.I.P. Just to add to that Bruce goes way back from the 70's. 50's..60's he was very popular and hosted Sunday Night at the London Palladium, all live stuff then.

He also was a face on British television in the late 1930's for the short time before the war which caused TV to stop broadcasting.
edit on 18-8-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I wonder if he'll be going higher or lower?

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

edit on 18-8-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That's believable., Like a few users on this forum.

I'd say Bruce is better off than 90% of the planet are now, the future is not looking too bright at this point.
edit on 18-8-2017 by ADSE255 because: rip

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I always thought he was a bit creepy and after all the Jimmy Saville stuff, the cap fits.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Certainty wouldn't rule it out.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So in the end he failed to "beat the clock".
Since somebody mentioned the Palladium...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I always thought he was a bit creepy and after all the Jimmy Saville stuff, the cap fits.

He wasn't very fond of Savile at all, actually he thought of him in a similar vein as you...something not quite right.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well he was good friends with Jimmy savile and he was also knighted . So he must have heard the rumours about SIR jimmy savile and yet said nothing? It will all come out now that he is dead. It always does, just wait and see. I hope he is not but we will just have to wait.
edit on 18-8-2017 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)
He didnt like jimmy savile? First time I heard of that.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

He didnt like jimmy savile? First time I heard of that.

Perhaps you never bothered to look.

"I never liked him. I can honestly say that," Forsyth told The Sun. "There was something about him that was difficult to like. It wasn't because he was so brash about everything - it wasn't that. "He had this manner that you thought, 'What is behind this man?' Now we know what was behind it all - which is terrible to find out."
www.digitalspy.com...

It's a sad reflection that you guys have to sling mud and offer unsubstantiated BS on what is a remembrance thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well for over 40 years we had Savile on the screen and lauding it with every prime minister , royal`s and Pope included. Whilst at the same time raping and supplying children to his sicko friends. Most of them were Knights like himself. So Bruce must have known, had to have known and as Ester rancid said it was common knowledge at the BBC. Yet Bruce never said a word about it. So excuse me for being a bit of a sceptic about it all, the truth will out one way or another. So we shall just have to wait and see. I hope he is innocent, Although the Ben Fellows vidio I linked to says different.
And if he knew and said nothing? That makes him just as guilty in my opinion . Keeping quiet about the rape of and abuse of children?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: illuminnaughty

Why did you derail the thread?

I'm pretty sure Bruce wasn't one of the nasty ones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join