It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blow it up and own it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So we're not just talking about one flag now.

It's statues in various states. It's talk of assassinating the president. It's statues of Washington, Lincoln it's the Jefferson Memorial, it's Mt. Rushmore.

So when I say book burning is next, it's not hyperbole any longer.

But I say do it. Destroy it all. Erase it all, wipe it all out.

Then ####ing own it.

Show the world what you really are. Show the world that history scares you. Show the world that inanimate objects trigger you.

Show the world how weak you really are. Show the world how authoritarian you really are.

Go on with your bans. Your censorships, your destruction of history, property, landmarks.

But along with that, stop the damned lying about how you are for freedom and equality.

Just quit lying about free speech.

Embrace your authoritarian side. Own it.

Losers.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

AMEN!
Laa-whoo-ZA-HERS!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I will not assimilate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I'm with you on this.

The peaceful, legal removal of the ones most at odds with the communities they're in have been successful and was gaining momentum.

But this way is just stupid. They're gonna be on the wrong side of history right alongside the alt-right.

At risk of quoting Trump, it's sad, very Sad.
edit on 17-8-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It's statues in various states. It's talk of assassinating the president. It's statues of Washington, Lincoln it's the Jefferson Memorial, it's Mt. Rushmore.

It's still hyperbole. Just because a random person says "hey, we should do that" in a Facebook comment or on cable news show doesn't mean the probability has really gone up at all. It's odd how some people will brush off tweets from the President of the United States of America and then go nuts over some off the cuff comment from a commentator who has zero political power.

I don't want to call the outrage "feigned" because I'm sure some people are legitimately angsty, so maybe I'll go with "opportunistic outrage." It's when a person lowers his triggering threshold to "absurd" because he actually wants to be triggered.

Show the world what you really are. Show the world that history scares you. Show the world that inanimate objects trigger you.

So inanimate objects aren't worth getting triggered over? Then why are there 20 threads, including your own rant, from hysterical conservatives, who seem to be scouring the Internet, looking to be triggered by any random "liberal" who suggests removing, defunding or destroying one?

Show the world how weak you really are. Show the world how authoritarian you really are.

Stop telling me what to do, you authoritarian! GRRRR! I'm filled with self-righteous indignation!

Do you know what is really authoritarian? When one group has all the political power and then forces a subjugated group to deal with them putting up hundreds of statues to their glorious leaders in every effing public space they can find to demonstrate their control.

How aren't these statues all icons of authoritarianism?
edit on 2017-8-17 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
But along with that, stop the damned lying about how you are for freedom and equality.

Wealth inequality is at all time highs. Every year the rich get richer and the median worker's wage gets driven deeper and deeper into a poverty wage. The cost of goods and services keep rising. Wages are stagnant compared to inflation. So please explain to me what freedom and equality you are talking about?

Money talks, everything else is BS.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

theantediluvian you are the best!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I owe it all to the great Rocky Balboa, real American hero. Who actually existed, as attested to by this statue.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

OK? Out of the hat, the Jefferson Memorial. Who is calling for the destruction of the Jefferson Memorial?

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

My god anti, are you male or female? Honestly? I've always thought female reading your crazy left rants.
You realize ISIS is doing the exact same thing in the peace of the east right? They are tearing down history because it does not jive with their ideology. Sound familiar?!?!
Would you be ok with dismantling the Sphinx because it offended the ISIS group?
Has Hitler disappeared from history and been forgotten because his statues were destroyed? No!! Hitler was a very bad man, maybe Jefferson was a terrible guy too, or Lincoln, or Reagan, or Obama, but mobs of angry fascist (the left) are tearing stuff down JUST like ISIS.
When BLM had their protest and a small "mob" burnt part of the city down, they were wrote off as not really being a part of the group. Understandable.
One kid ran over and tragically killed a girl, so now they are all murders? No! Hell, he hasn't even had his day in court yet. These groups may be stupid or misguided, but no different than the New Black Panther party.
The left has ZERO credibility while defending these Out of control mindless SJW punks.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So we're not just talking about one flag now.

But I say do it. Destroy it all. Erase it all, wipe it all out.

Then ####ing own it.

Go on with your bans. Your censorships, your destruction of history, property, landmarks.

Just quit lying about free speech.

Embrace your authoritarian side. Own it.

Losers.

Its a trigger vs trigger proxy war.

Both sides are fed up with one another (coming from an outsider looking in).

But both are justified in the if beliefs by their peers. I know where this will go, but do you?

And I'd like everyone to imagine there are some without a dog in the fight, is it worth it?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

You insult my masculinity and then proceed to screech hyperbole at me like a hysterical schoolgirl? Any dude that puts "Texas" in a username is transparently compensating for some character flaw or another, not to mention unimaginative.

No, ISIS isn't doing "exactly the same thing" at all. ISIS is destroying ancient, archaeologically significant world heritage sites. Not even remotely the same thing. I'm not even responding to the the next paragraph of melodramatic ranting.

When BLM had their protest and a small "mob" burnt part of the city down, they were wrote off as not really being a part of the group. Understandable. One kid ran over and tragically killed a girl, so now they are all murders? No! Hell, he hasn't even had his day in court yet. These groups may be stupid or misguided, but no different than the New Black Panther party.

I didn't say that they were all murderers? Some of them are quite comparable to the NBBP. Why the hell do you think I have a favorable view of the NBBP? F those racist nuts too? But what's that got to do with anything? Extremism correlates with far higher incidence of violent criminal behavior, clearly. As recent events make perfectly clear, today's torch wielding radical can be tomorrow's car driving terrorist. And if you think that some of these groups really aren't dangerous, then you might want to look a little harder. Don't be fooled by polo shirts and khaki pants. Sure, most of them will turn out to be less than lethal clowns but keep in mind that hundreds of these assholes who didn't run over anyone were still there with the anticipation of engaging in armed combat and thrilled by it.

The left has ZERO credibility while defending these Out of control mindless SJW punks.

The Left gives ZERO f's about your opinions of its credibility. You can't even bring yourself to insult a neo-Nazi. You basically said "sure, these kids are misguided but blah blah blah OUT OF CONTROL MINDLESS SJW PUNKS!"

You're either morally weak and a spineless political coward or sympathetic to their causes. You show more alarm at the removal of a statue that's at best, slightly historic, than the death of a person. You think you're on the right side of this?
edit on 2017-8-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Who is calling for the destruction of the Jefferson Memorial?

Trump is the only person I've heard suggesting it as a possibility.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena
From Trump's mouth the the ears of the faithful.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Anyone remember that American Dad episode when Stan was brainwashed by hipster protesters and they plotted to blow up Mt Rushmore? I immediately thought of that episode when I saw that article title.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: TexasTruth

You insult my masculinity and then proceed to screech hyperbole at me like a hysterical schoolgirl? Any dude that puts "Texas" in a username is transparently compensating for some character flaw or another, not to mention unimaginative.

Whoa, sounds like he triggered your penis envy from the word "Texas"? This made me laugh when I read it. Everything offends you.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
So you still winning that immaginary war you claim to be on.

Meh just like all the trumptards, good at quick insults but go on a total melt down when you get it back.

Where at war lol, thanks for the laugh.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Damn! Ante is ruthless, pretty much tore down the OP and anyone else who posted.

The OP's snowflake thread makes me think he's a bit sensitive at the minute so I won't say much but he needs to stop reading Trumps twitter feed and listening to Alex Jones show and actually open his eyes to what IS happening. Not just the fear mongering he's been brainwashed into believing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
When I saw "Blow it up and own it" I thought you were talking about your girlfriend. You know, I heard she was an "air" head. Her ego is a bit "inflated".

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Do you have a sister I could flirt with?

Also, I would like to apply for live-long servitude, providing second hand smoke for your diving bell respiration system so that you'll have more time to dive into rabbit holes while smashing stupid spinnings back into the fragments of imagination they are.

3 cheers my friend, 3 cheers to you.

edit on 18-8-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join