It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video that shows at least some of the violence in Charlottesville was started by counter protestors

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Grambler

This whole nation is a tinderbox for violence.

It doesn't require any real set up.
The MSM is fueling the fire with lies and makes it worse.

Everyone's ignoring the real problem here.
Our criminal culture.

We need to make drastic changes.

I agree, I do think there is an overall power structure pulling strings so to speak. They don't have to be involved in everything like some suggest. Its just the sentiment of limited freedoms we possess and how we interact. People are naturally ego-centric they will take advantage until there is no advantage left.

*edit- I do believe, however, they have been choking up on the reins for better leverage in recent years.
edit on 17-8-2017 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I would agree.

To go further, I would say they are complicit in railroading any progress at all and complicit in the degeneration of society they continue to report.

Even if one does believe that Trump emboldens hateful ideologies, he didn't do it alone nor in a vacuum.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Never been given a legitimate stand down order, no. Been told to be judicious and weigh the totality of the circumstances, risk to officer safety, risk to the public, etc. That's why arrests are often times made after the fact when law enforcement can identify people.

As for keeping it confined to a particular area, that's the ideal but often times the protesters don't cooperate with the ideal, and then you wind up having to go to contingency plans.

My agency dealt with some fairly...."exciting" events last year, and we made a number of arrests, deployed crowd dispersion munitions, went hands on with people. The whole handling of Charlottesville seems to me that they under-prepared and ended up trying to react instead of being proactive.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Im crafting a thread right now, gonna source you in it...
edit on 8/17/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Gotcha, thanks for the perspective.

We can beat the CT of this to death but having some insight and facts helps paint a more accurate picture, CT or no.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. Soooo many incompetent dicks marching down that street.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No problem.

Our chief and our mayor don't particularly like each other. The mayor is a bleeding heart leftist, and the chief is, despite being a liberal, more beholden to the law than his personal politics. I've got some familiarity with how it can be when that relationship is contentious, and the problems it can cause.

I genuinely think the problem in Charlottesville is that the chief wasn't willing to push back with the mayor there, the situation blew up in their faces, and now they're happy to leave him on the hook for it. I could be entirely off base about it, but that's how I see it as things stand.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

There's really no point. Those that have made up their minds will not change it, and will blatantly disregard facts and twist things just to rationalize their world view.

People have gone literally nuts and my threshold for ignorance has become paper thin.. it's become increasingly difficult to deal with some of these people, so I applaud you for your efforts and always being that calm rational voice we need.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wouldn't be much different from most other working situations.

I'm sure the mayor will be more than happy to take any credit (un)due and glad to highlight his post remarks as part of a political campaign. Sickening.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I see both of them being pos's simple as that.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Another video showing left protestors hitting a journalist demanding she stop filming.

Why would they want the filming to stop?

Almost like they wanted to control the narrative...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Heres a piece about the false flag parts...FROM THE LEFT.

clashdaily.com... ign=254260&utm_keyword=major1&utm_content=19814049&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:19814049&utm_campaign=Major%20Liberal%2 0Activist%20Encouraged%20Protesters%20To%20Dress%20Like%20Klan%20Members

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That's the pinning this on the left I was talking about on first page.
If you accept the possibility that the White Supremacy, Nazi and KKK groups were infliterated by the "leftists" then you should also accept the possibility that Antifa and BLM groups were infliterated as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The justification for left-wing violence, in the rare instances that the media and leftists will even acknowledge it, is that it was a defense against Nazis. Apparently these people were comatose for the past 18 months, and missed these same violent "protestors" repeatedly committing violence all across America.

They rioted in Chicago during a Trump speech.
After Trump's election win, they rioted.
On Inauguration Day, they rioted.
They rioted at Berkley, multiple times.
They've rioted in dozens of other times and locations I can't name off the top of my head.

It's sickening. Thank God Donald Trump had the balls to call them out in front of the world, and shame on the MSM for emboldening these losers.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

There's really no point. Those that have made up their minds will not change it, and will blatantly disregard facts and twist things just to rationalize their world view.

People have gone literally nuts and my threshold for ignorance has become paper thin.. it's become increasingly difficult to deal with some of these people, so I applaud you for your efforts and always being that calm rational voice we need.

Yes sadly I think you are right.

On another thread, I posted the same thing, and people have used this viedo of proof as why the left people were defending themselves and the right people started the violence.

The exact same video; and they see the exact opposite thing happening.

I went through and listed what I though happened with time stamps, but all that is needed to counter that is to say "You are wrong. The left was innocent."

I had other respected members fighting tooth and nail that Trump saying both sides had good people in it meant he was praising nazis. When I showed them that in that very speech he specifically said not neo nazis or white supremacists, they dropped that and said it took him till his third speech to do this.

Now everyone with even the slightest interest in this knows that trumps second speech was all about just condemning the neo nazis and KKK.

It is quite obvious to me that this respected member, who fought for page after page about how bad trump was for praising white supremacists, hadn't even listened to any of trumps comments.

It is like reality is splitting and these people are in a different one.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's because they don't care about what's right or what's the truth, they only care about selfish pseudo-vindication and demonizing Trump at every opportunity, because reality is too harsh for their fragile hearts and the truth is too heavy for their feeble minds.

They're definitely living in a different reality, wilfully or otherwise, because I'm sure there are some rational people that know the truth deep down, but haven't been able to swallow their pride yet, so they hang on and wait in hopes of some kind of vindication. Then we have those that are truly brainless zombies that believe they are on the right side of history. Which is mind boggling and disturbing.

Either way, I guess there's solace in knowing you don't reside in their fantasy world.

edit on 18-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join