It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visitation canceled at all Florida prisons this weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

What is happening in FL?

Does this have anything to do with the FBI in Tallahassee in the Largest investigation in years

Has this ever occurred before on a state wide level such as this?

The Florida Department of Corrections canceled visitation at all 149 of its facilities this Saturday, Aug. 19, and Sunday, Aug. 20, citing a security threat. The cancellation is a response to “credible intelligence indicating that small groups of inmates at several institutions may attempt to disrupt [Florida Department of Corrections] operations and impact safety and security,” a department official said in a statement. “FDC looks forward to resuming normal visitation as soon as possible.”

Department officials announced the cancellation on Wednesday, and declined to answer questions about what the issue is or which correctional institutions it came from. The department canceled visitation at the Jackson Correctional Institution in Malone — about 65 miles northeast of Panama City — for the last two weekends.

Three other institutions have had visitation canceled this year: Jefferson Correctional Institution, about 30 miles east of Tallahassee, on Aug. 5 and 6; Everglades Correctional Institution on July 29 and 30; and the Wakulla Annex, about 15 miles south-southeast of Tallahassee, on July 22 and 23.

Department officials last canceled visitation for a large group of facilities as Hurricane Matthew approached Florida last fall, department records show, though some facilities outside the storm’s path were unaffected. A department spokeswoman said she did not immediately know when statewide visitation was last canceled Wednesday afternoon.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That is interesting, thanks for the heads up ill ask family/friends back home if they have heard anything through the grapevine.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Reminds me of Walter white

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It is Florida.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a Reptilian uprising.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Says right in the article that they are expecting an uprising or riot in the prisons. Think that would be cause to lock down tighter until things settle down?

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That is SOP for Flori-Duh.. What wasn't mentioned that this too is a "Money Grab" The Guards didn't receive a raise as did the Highway Patrol and State agencies.

When this gets to a true quid pro quo, I'll ask why the heck I'm paying for a Nuclear Facility that 'may' get built in North Carolina in 2054. I'll probably need that energy to fire up My Space Car when I'm 99..

With a 'reported report of some violence maybe' means OVERTIME. OverTime = Big $$$

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

So it's about time and a half

And the real Gangs of this country...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: JimNasium

So it's about time and a half

And the real Gangs of this country...

You don't think more dope is used in 'The Ghetto' than 'The Suburbs' do You? The folks w/low or no income are more apt to take a "plea bargain" so when the alleged suspect cops to a litany of horse manure charges, the arrest is logged as a 'Successful Felony arrest' Then the numbers are crunched and $$$ is then divided by Law Enforcement/Corrections.

Want to think about something really screwy? It'll take a minute so I will continue in the next addition:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

In 2001 Afghanistan produced approx. 7% of the world's opium. Then a bunch of reported Arabs who couldn't fly a Cessna™ did maneuvers that an Air Force pilot w/30 years wouldn't even attempt to do, and flew some planes into buildings. This was when 'The Taliban™' was in-charge.

Afghanistan is invaded.

16 years later what has happened? Afghanistan now produces close to 95% of the world's opium. The United States first had an opiate pain medicine epidemic and when those people were 'cut off' they had to buy their junk on the street. The ones who didn't die off then turned to Heroin. (Both opiate based medications and heroin are made w/opium)

The folks that didn't die off, got arrested. The ones w/$$$ got most or ALL of their $$$ removed for 'court costs' "Probation Costs' The ones who didn't go to court, went to Prison.

How do I know this? I am a medically retired cop from Ca. and got injured fighting 'The Drug War' That was when 'The Man' would put the Urban user of coc aine in PRISON while the sub-Urban user got PROBATION.

The differences? The sub-Urban was Affluent; Voter; White. The Urban was Broke; Non voter; Black or 'other'...

I kid You not....

So in conclusion: It is ALWAYS about 'the big clock'.. We had a big kidnapping. We got new motorcycles, new Command vehicle w/all the bells and whistles.. In BIG CASES, You can call in 'The Feds' they then get to run things because they write the check..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Now they are all on LOCKDOWN

www.miamiherald.com...

top topics

join