It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Hate Someone For No Logical Reason and Still Be a Good Person?.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Can You Hate Someone For No Logical Reason and Still Be a Good Person?

I can confidently argue that the answer is "no." If one is unwilling to consider logical reasoning and just default to hate, for whatever reason, then there is something wrong with that individual and they are not the quintessential "good person."

Now, that doesn't make them an evil person by default, but again, if they are unwilling to consider logical reasoning and just default to hate, that does show a lack of "good" within their heart.
edit on 17-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

If they lack all logical reasoning and just default to hate, they wouldn't be able to live a normal life, either. They couldn't because they'd have to work alongside the objects of their hate, and if all they did was hate with no checks, they wouldn't be able to function.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes, Audi drivers too. Especially A3's.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I shouldn't really throw stones. I drive a white van, ride motorcycles, occasionally pushbikes and have a Jag for when it's raining. I tick most other people's boxes for road users they hate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

A white van, eh? Hate you.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

A white van, eh? Hate you.

Everyone hates me until I turn up with their stuff!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I don't "hate" anyone for no rationally accepted reason, but I believe that you can still be a good father, husband, employee, and contributing member of society, even though you hate a person, group, or race, for no rational/logical reason.

The heart can't hold both "love" and "hate" within at the same time.

You can "alternate" these feelings, and hold them at different times.

But, this is the biggest problem with marriages.

Spouse goes to work, gets upset at things going on in his or her workplace, then comes home with those same "emotions" and takes it out on the other spouse. This is the prime cause for break ups and divorces in all marriage.

It's hard to "switch" back and forth, by "conscious will" alone, from hate to love and back.

Since these are extreme emotions, at the ends of our emotional pendulum, we humans need "time" to make the switch, time to come down from the hate and gradually slink into the feeling of love, and visa versa.

So, people practicing hate can't be good parents. All they do is "pass on" that hate to their children, and make the spouses unhappy. Then, the hate disease spreads in the group, till eventually, the members of the group think it's normal and ok to hate. It becomes accepted. Then, if you love, something must be wrong with you, you must be weak, or contaminated with the DNA of an inferior race, etc..

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There are hardly any people who hate for no reason. Most who are attributed as hating for no reason hate because their experience with similar people have been all negative.

Jaden
edit on 17-8-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I didn't say hating "with no checks," I just said that if people's default is to hate without any logical reason, I think that makes them a pretty bad person by default--or, at the very least, not a good person at their core.

But, that also doesn't mean that they can't be persuaded past their hate eventually, nor that they can't cope and deal with the hatred to function well enough in society.

Think of them as functioning alcoholics.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I don't know. My one experience of hatred has mostly convinced me that the true emotion is pretty rare. Oh sure, we see it in people, but we talk all too casually about it just like we talk all too casually about love.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah, I can agree with that, but I was going off the of the more generally accepted/used definition--maybe "strong dislike"--than the pure, unadulterated emotion of hate. We're just talking about different degrees, I suppose, if there are truly differing degrees.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

There are hardly any people who hate for no reason.
Jaden

That's the thing, though.

Hate doesn't have any reason.

All reasons are "made up" after the hate, in order to justify the hate.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

There's never a good reason for hate.

People can still be productive while being abject failures who give into hatred.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I guess if you hate a group that everyone else hates, you're on safe ground, and can still be a "good person" overall.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

That's a tricky one.
Hate is such a strong word.
I am not sure you can have hate in you without good reason and be normal.
Lots of people conflate the word hate with disliking someone or something.
If you hate someone, really hate them, then you are going to hurt them. Hate is all encompassing so, no. If you hate without reason, you probably need some help.

Then you're saying that a devout Neo-Nazi can't love anyone, because his/her hate of a race of people is ALL CONSUMING.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Good people base their actions on good reasons.

The reasons for hate is more with what people do rather than who they are.

There is always a reason and some of them are bad.

What is it that Black people "do", to make them hated by KKK members?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

And again, the motivation to engage in innovation may be all manner of things, but the logic, reason and patience necessary to achieve great things, do NOT come from fear, and while actually engaged in innovation and creating new technologies or solutions, one is NOT flooded with fear response, but with the chemicals associated with critical thinking, which are nothing like those involved with reacting to a threat.

For the last time, entirely separate areas of the brain are involved with the two things. Running away or throwing a punch, involve completely different neurochemical circumstances, than those necessary to produce effective, intelligent solutions to complex problems. Therefore, if you are in the midst of a fear response, you literally cannot perform tasks which require extremes of critical thinking, because the brain will not permit these things to occur at the same moment, which is why one does not do high level calculus while riding a motorcycle at over one hundred miles per hour.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: oldcarpy

I shouldn't really throw stones. I drive a white van, ride motorcycles, occasionally pushbikes and have a Jag for when it's raining. I tick most other people's boxes for road users they hate.

Ummm...Uh Oh...I ride motorcycles...and...like Audi's...Esp the R8...But my car is a SAAB although I do have a white Ford Explorer...

Does that still qualify me as an object of ridicule and hate...?

YouSir

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Good people base their actions on good reasons.

The reasons for hate is more with what people do rather than who they are.

There is always a reason and some of them are bad.

What is it that Black people "do", to make them hated by KKK members?

They date and marry white women. Reducing the pool of white women around for the white guys to romance.

It's just competition for the scarce resource of the skirts.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Are you actually asking if Neo-Nazi's can be good people???

Ummmm.....NO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join