It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to cope with President Trump Stress Disorder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Uh what?

spe·cial
ˈspeSHəl/Submit
adjective
better, greater, or otherwise different from what is usual.
"they always made a special effort at Christmas"
synonyms: exceptional, unusual, singular, uncommon, notable, noteworthy, remarkable, outstanding, unique More
noun

Better, greater, noteworthy,remarkable.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's a trigger

Buzzwords
👍

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Technically, special does not always mean best. From your definition:

...or otherwise different from what is usual.

Even "great" does not necessarily mean "good." For example, the "great" depression or the "great" fire of London... One can also be better or best at something that isn't good or right... such as criminal geniuses. Special comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. The biggest cancerous tumor ever documented is special... but it isn't good or worthy of admiration -- much less emulation!

Nevertheless, I repeat: Everyone is special and everyone has at least one gift and the potential for greatness (in the best sense of the word) in one way or another.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yep, and recognition for a greatness is a wonderful thing.
Recognition for average is a huge problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
www.google.com...

In human subjects, sensory resonances can be excited by subliminal atmospheric acoustic pulses that are tuned to the resonance frequency. The 1/2 Hz sensory resonance affects the autonomic nervous system and may cause relaxation, drowsiness, or sexual excitement, depending on the precise acoustic frequency near 1/2 Hz used. The effects of the 2.5 Hz resonance include slowing of certain cortical processes, sleepiness, and disorientation.

For these effects to occur, the acoustic intensity must lie in a certain deeply subliminal range. Suitable apparatus consists of a portable battery-powered source of weak subaudio acoustic radiation. The method and apparatus can be used by the general public as an aid to relaxation, sleep, or sexual arousal, and clinically for the control and perhaps treatment of insomnia, tremors, epileptic seizures, and anxiety disorders.

There is further application as a nonlethal weapon that can be used in law enforcement standoff situations, for causing drowsiness and disorientation in targeted subjects. It is then preferable to use venting acoustic monopoles in the form of a device that inhales and exhales air with subaudio frequency.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yep, and recognition for a greatness is a wonderful thing.

Well, yeah, recognizing reality is always good... including the great depression and great fire of London... neither were good, but both were good to know.

Recognition for average is a huge problem.

I don't know how or why that would be... average in and of itself isn't bad or anything to be ashamed of, and recognizing reality is just recognizing reality. Nothing more and nothing less.

I would agree that rewarding average has little if any benefit. But it should be respected, and certainly not thought poorly of. Average isn't a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Average is not a bad thing.
The whole thread is about how people are being effected mentally by politics today.
I say that people are being given unrealistic expectations from day one that they will eventually be forced to face and they are having trouble coping.
This all starts with the "everybody wins" attitude.

The people having issues with coping never had to face the reality of being average.
A huge part of sportsmanship I was taught as a kid was to be humble in winning and lose with dignity.

Life keeps score.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It's a very good thing you put that proviso in at the end of that post...

Amazing, just simply amazing... Saddening, too. I'd say surprising, but that wouldn't be true...I'm not, in the least, surprised. Would that I were.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Cell phones ,I'M tellin ya.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Okay, let's be blunt about this, shall we???

You have spent how many posts trying to say -- without bluntly saying it outright -- that some pigs are more equal than others... at best. At worst, that some people are actually better than others. And in the process, pointing out how much better you are than they are because you are supposedly humble in winning and dignified in losing...

Yeah, right. But thank you for making my point for me: Some people need to belittle and minimize others in order to pat themselves on the back. Nothing humble nor dignified about that.

<< 1   >>

join