It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Eclipse 2017 - 19 Saints and the #33

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They demanded a sign from him as proof he was who he claimed. He called them wicked and adulterous...

That is what he said, I wasn't taking it out of context. People who have lost their spiritual way look around them in the world for signs; signs in the heavens, signs in the stars, signs in chicken entrails, signs in tarot, palm reading, crystal balls, fortune telling, and yes, Numerology (the subject of this particular thread).

I'd go further to suggest that the wickedest look for signs too, signs in the stock market, signs of weakness in others to exploit, loosely called capitalism, to capitalize (take advantage) of others misfortune for monetary or political even religious control.

It wasn't just that he was going to be killed for his opinion or what they called blaspheming the temple and state.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

12 “But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13 And so you will bear testimony to me. 14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17 Everyone will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 Stand firm, and you will win life.

20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. 22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. 23 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. 24 They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

25 “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. 26 People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. 27 At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
Luke 21: 10-28

And then he tells us to watch for all these things, including signs in the sun, moon and stars.

I just trust that what is is always what must be, but that doesn't stop me from watching what is going on around me too. We are enjoined to always be prepared, and part of that is to watch.
edit on 16-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

And then he tells us to watch for all these things, including signs in the sun, moon and stars.

I think the insinuation was that many people would be looking for signs in the stars, sun and moon. Not that thats where the signs of the end tines are appearing but that many shall look there.

In one sense we are looking very closely at the heavens, scientifically speaking. That is also recent in history, we have only recently developed hi tech instruments to monitor our solar system, and beyond, sending probes and sowing the heavens with satellites, and the stratosphere with airplanes, and the battelfield with missiles, bombs and shells.

Something the ancients who were given to see in visions could not possibly understand, resorting to calling them signs and wonders.

The wicked in this generation are seeking signs like I said in false religions and pseudo sciecnes like numerology, divination, magic, fortune telling, quack medicine, whatever.
edit on 16-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We know from the visions given that certain things will happen and even happen in the heavens, both mundane and celestial (or whatever term you wish to use to describe the actual realm of God and the angels). Since people know this from studying and from what we are told to watch for, then it also makes sense people will look.

The fine line is when you allow yourself to cross over into being so convinced and believing so strongly in the signs you think you see that you lose your faith if nothing happens. God will do what is right when His times come around and not before. If this isn't it, there will be time when it is the proper time. For everything there is a season and a time, and God knows what that is.

I may be hoping this is the season because I think the world is in a dark place and I am afraid of where we are headed, but it's God's clock that matters. He will do what he sees fit.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

We know from the visions given that certain things will happen and even happen in the heavens, both mundane and celestial (or whatever term you wish to use to describe the actual realm of God and the angels)

That dimension (the heavens) is all around us all the time. 'Over there' we are able to discern time differently, seeing the future is just one part of it. We are actually already there, in our spirit, but most of us have no direct contact with that, we don't see in the spirit realm, being to dependent on our earthly senses for that.

Once in a great while people are 'taken up in the spirit', given to see and they write that stuff down, like John did long ago on Patmos.

That symbology and allegorical statements come down to us and we see them unfolding today. It unfolded back then too, empires rise and fall through out history and the rhyme is alway the same.

I differ with mens definition of God and angels though, something that lost its hand me down meaning a long time ago.

Something I'm not going to debate with those steeped in religious traditions and dogma.

My original point stands, many seek signs in material things, quack science and organized religions. Thats what he meant when he spoke to the religious priests of his time.
edit on 16-8-2017 by intrptr because: spelling and change

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Also, think about it.

The sun will be in totality as it crosses the USA. It symbolically divides the nation. What a portent that is!

But after darkness come light.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

originally posted by: AnonSapien
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you for the insight. I can imagine that "making some sense" on a conspiracy theory forum would be helpful

That was very vague

at least explain certain parts, like what the september 23 conspiracy is.

Can you see how it might read if one doesn't know?

I'd think rather, that you're at fault for not knowing, or not researching the September 23rd conspiracy before posting this.
It's all over the web, especially ATS, youtube, etc...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Also, think about it.

The sun will be in totality as it crosses the USA. It symbolically divides the nation. What a portent that is!

But after darkness come light.

Twice within seven years!
...making an X!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

The next corona show to grace the United States isn't that far off, coming April 8, 2024. That one will come up from Mexico via Texas, track along the Ohio River, and exit via Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Some folks are already dubbing that one the "Great North American Eclipse." If you live in New England, while you may have one of the worst spots for the 2017 eclipse, you have to wait only seven years for a decent view.

space.com - Four More Solar Eclipses Will Be Visible in the U.S. This Century.

Coolio!

I guess you can learn something new everyday if you try! Thanks!

7 (years between), 17 (this year's ending), 19 (OP's question), 24 (next one), 33 (OP again), and X (the mystery variable).

Makes one wonder about numerology!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AnonSapien

Before telescopes and astronomy they had astrology. Belief in number systems of ordinary stars and planets is upset by sudden extraordinary events like comets and eclipses.

The ancients had no idea what they were, saw them as signs, portent , evil omens.

(insert twilight zone theme)

This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it...

It's completely ridiculous to believe that the planetary bodies do not have an affect on each other.

Hmmmm let me think, no moon no atmosphere.

Can the moon influence world events?

Well, obviously because without we would die.

I wooonnndddeerrrr.... hmmmmm.. Oh yeah uncommon sense.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: AnonSapien

Before telescopes and astronomy they had astrology. Belief in number systems of ordinary stars and planets is upset by sudden extraordinary events like comets and eclipses.

The ancients had no idea what they were, saw them as signs, portent , evil omens.

(insert twilight zone theme)

This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it...

It's completely ridiculous to believe that the planetary bodies do not have an affect on each other.

Hmmmm let me think, no moon no atmosphere.

Can the moon influence world events?

Well, obviously because without we would die.

I wooonnndddeerrrr.... hmmmmm.. Oh yeah uncommon sense.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Lol, like yah, gravity and all.

You want to believe Astrological star charts, accurately measured form stars that aren't even where they appear to be?

Fine.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Um, the Earth would have an Atmosphere without the Moon.

What are you talking about?

The Earth would survive fine (well not exactly fine, the way earth is and it's tilt is from the moon now) without the moon, it's evolutionary history would of turned out different without it, however a planet does not need a moon for an atmosphere or for life, while the moon is important for several things (tide goes in, tide goes out...etc), it is not a critical need, depending on how the collisions affected early earth during it's creation, tilt, slow down spin rate, it may of not need it, it would be very different.

I have no idea what you are talking about, nor do I think you do.
edit on 17-8-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

<< 1   >>

join