It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Admit It.. Every One of Us Is Prejudiced In Some Way.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's very difficult to keep up with your edits in order to respond properly.

Sorry. I have a four year old climbing all over me and I can't always proofread the way I would like before I hit 'reply' to try to end the madness.

Give me two extra minutes before you respond knowing that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Now that you bring it up...I am prejudice against Birthers. But I just assumed that is the default stance of most rational people.

Things that are non-starters. Meaning, in case there is confusion, that if a person is one of these...it's not even worth starting a conversation with them.
Birthers
Flat-Earthers
Holocaust Deniers
Young Earthers
Racists

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnathemasEffigy
a reply to: carewemust

Honestly yes, but good luck ever getting that level of honesty out of anyone ever, reminds me of the old "it's not what you know, it's what you can prove" and from a philosophical perspective some might argue the key to peace of mind and veiwing reality correctly is to remove all bias and prejudice from oneself if even for only brief moments. It is said that for those who have the tao any effect is recreatable, I wonder what that means.

I think as we get older and have more life experiences, the honesty level increases, and any strong, really emotional prejudice, decreases.

link   
a reply to: kruphix

I actually thought about using the word "easy" but then I figured I'd give you more benefit of the doubt.

link   
Hmmm, some can't seem to tell the difference between bias, prejudice and bigotry.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It's not. You have serious intolerance issues and they make you completely irrational.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Manufactured hate.
What are we going to to about this?
The Genie is out the proverbial mo'fing bottle.
And I don't think anybody knows how to rub it the right way.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I invited you to have a discussion on the actual merits of my argument. You scoffed because I was a self-proclaimed 'birther' and ended it at that.

You admit it. Don't twist it into something *better* than that.

No. I scoffed because the merits of your argument were lacking and did not provide conclusive evidence. You thought it was rock solid, but it wasn't.

Have you even considered that not one half-assed lawyer with a bit of time was able or willing to take on such a case, if what you said was true?

Hell, Arapio couldn't even prove it and made a fool out of himself trying to do so. What do you think you can actually prove?

You shut me down because you believe anyone who doubts Obama's birth certificate is authenticate is not worthy of your time. You felt superior.

I don't feel superior. What purpose would that serve?

I felt your evidence was lacking.

That's ok. Don't feel inferior. That was not my intent.

You were/are wrong and biased..prejudiced. And it's irrational.

Biased, yes. Wrong, that has yet to be proven. That is on you to do so.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It's not. You have serious intolerance issues and they make you completely irrational.

No. It really is the default stance of the majority of rational people....that is why Trump had to publicly declare that Obama is a natural born citizen before even his crazy supporters would back him.

Confirmation Bias is a really nasty thing...makes you think you are in the majority when you are really actually very very fringe...but you just surround yourself and only listen to other very very fringe dwellers.

link   
a reply to: c2oden

Knowledge, education and leaders who teach. That is out we get ahead of this. Everything from media to education is firmly against a free-thinking populace.

I chose to say this instead of inserting a Christina Agulera video.

link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

When I was younger, I used to confront people who endangered me on the road. But now, I just curse under my breath and keep going. (Almost having me/wife/kids murdered in a Chicago hood-rage incident instilled a big dose of humility!)
edit on Tue Aug 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It's very difficult to keep up with your edits in order to respond properly.

Sorry. I have a four year old climbing all over me and I can't always proofread the way I would like before I hit 'reply' to try to end the madness.

Give me two extra minutes before you respond knowing that.

Tell the little monkey I said hi.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
Some people are just too damn sensitive.

All of this is stupid.

I really can't understand why people in discussion forums are so sensitive about what other forum members say. It's almost 99.9% certain that none of us will ever meet, or have any real-life affect on each other.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I invited you to have a discussion on the actual merits of my argument. You scoffed because I was a self-proclaimed 'birther' and ended it at that.

You admit it. Don't twist it into something *better* than that.

No. I scoffed because the merits of your argument were lacking and did not provide conclusive evidence. You thought it was rock solid, but it wasn't.

Have you even considered that not one half-assed lawyer with a bit of time was able or willing to take on such a case, if what you said was true?

Hell, Arapio couldn't even prove it and made a fool out of himself trying to do so. What do you think you can actually prove?

You shut me down because you believe anyone who doubts Obama's birth certificate is authenticate is not worthy of your time. You felt superior.

I don't feel superior. What purpose would that serve?

I felt your evidence was lacking.

That's ok. Don't feel inferior. That was not my intent.

You were/are wrong and biased..prejudiced. And it's irrational.

Biased, yes. Wrong, that has yet to be proven. That is on you to do so.

I did prove it.

Obama's short form birth certificate does not have the legally required RAISED seal that Factcheck said it did.

The raised seal is something that Obama supporters and Factcheck....AND the Hawaii Department of Health...and Congress...said it needed to have to be a certified copy.

It doesn't have it.

It is evident ON ITS FACE. No court case nor lawyer has EVER brought this info to light. Just me.

Not one moment did you address the fact that it doesn't bear the required raised seal. Never did you provide any argument to that proof. Don't act like you did. You can say you "felt" the evidence wasn't good enough to overcome your irrational bias, but that's crap.

You discounted solid evidence without any thought because you thought you could scoff me away for being a 'birther.'

If you feel my evidence is lacking -- and I wrote the Hawaii Department of Health to ask if they maintained the seal on Obama's short form, they said they did not -- then why didn't you provide your own open records request to them proving they do?

Because you didn't ask them.

I did. They said they don't maintain that seal debossment or ANY seal debossments. They use an EMBOSSED SEAL. And that is what they have stated to the press from Day 1.

You put in zero effort. You scoffed & dismissed my argument and prima facie evidence without lifting a finger or offering anything to counter my evidence.

You did.

I lost a lot of respect for you because of it. You are politically biased and prejudiced to protect your psyche. Again, I say that based on what you have proven to me.

edit on 8/15/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RespectfullyDisagree
I've always held the belief that all people are prone to conscious or subconscious predjudical thoughts. We are an amalgamation of experiences and learned behaviours and are all susceptible to an errant predjudical thought especially when in a situation clouded with emotion.

It is whether or not we understand that those thoughts are wrong and whether or not we chose to act in accordance with those thoughts that define us as a person.

Wow..excellent analysis, RespectfullyDisagree! Are you a psychiatrist?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I told her. She is still upset that you think her mom is wrong simply for being a birther!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Hmmm, some can't seem to tell the difference between bias, prejudice and bigotry.

Interesting.

Interesting statement! What's the difference between Prejudice and Bigotry?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I am not. I spend most of my days staring at endless streams of number filled spread sheets. Monotony and I are old friends.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: RespectfullyDisagree

I am not. I spend most of my days staring at endless streams of number filled spread sheets. Monotony and I are old friends.

Congrats, RD. You're in the 1% who are Prejudice-Free!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
When I see the New York Times take a common sense statement from the President of the United States..."There's hate and bad people on both sides", and turn it into this FAKE headline...

"TRUMP GIVES WHITE SUPREMACISTS AN UNEQUIVOCAL BOOST"
Source: www.msn.com...

I feel genuine hate, and a desire to see the people who are in charge of the paper's content, ROASTED by Jeff Sessions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join