It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News Tonight on HBO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: buster2010

I am questioning my membership on ATS.

There are a lot of people on ATS who have been defending this. Makes me question if I want to be associated with a forum that have people who defend this kind of crap.

They defend it talking about freedom of speech, this is not freedom of speech this is hate and terrorism.

Thats is a very sobering video thank you for posting.

I haven't seen anyone defend the actions of some of these people. I think I speak for a majority of ATS members when I say I condone all violence that we have seen over the past 8 months including the violence we saw this weekend.

However I have seen people on other threads, including myself defend the right to free speech and speak out against censorship. I don't say that or agree with it because I support these people or their ideas. I say it because I support what our founding fathers wrote in the constitution and the protection it affords the members of this society and their free speech.

Do you not see the difference?

link   
a reply to: TheTory

That's absolutely wrong. Americans laid down their lives so that American citizens, even nazis, can enjoy their human rights.

They have their human rights! They don't have the right to go unopposed.

link   
a reply to: windword

So what other speech would you ban?
Seriously.
Or would you delegate that responsibility to someone else?
Perhaps a board?
Something like this en.wikipedia.org...
Those people did all kinds of good for the country didn't they?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Bu bu but, they're just patriots. They're ummm, freedom of speech! Yeah our grandparents' generation fought against the actual Nazis with thousands of them getting killed and wounded by Nazis, but "Blood and soil"!

There's another thread where people are actively saying that BLM is more influential then these people. So I posted something like the first 13 points from the KKK's actual party platform to show who their policies actually aligned with. Not the perceptions and misconceptions of what the KKK stands for, but what they openly admit they stand for and the policies they openly promote. So of course the mods deleted it.

It's ok to lie about what these groups stand for because that perpetuates the myth. That's how the Confederacy (which only lasted for 4 years) is still honored 150+ years later. But once you actually show what these bigots admit that they stand for, that's too much.

The #ing KKK losers couldn't even take on a small redneck town with their tiny numbers. Suddenly everyone is scared of them. Fearing minorities led to some interesting things in history btw. Are you all willfully ignoring that and eager to repeat the same mistakes?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

That's absolutely wrong. Americans laid down their lives so that American citizens, even nazis, can enjoy their human rights.

They have their human rights! They don't have the right to go unopposed.

I think opposing Nazis by utilizing Nazi tactics is a little more than ironic.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Who said anything about banning speech? I said that they don't have the right to be protected from opposition and criticism.

Their ideals and what they are fighting to achieve goes against American ideals, especially the one that says that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. They are a clear and present danger to the American lifestyle, values and Democracy.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Nobody silenced anyone, well, except for that Nazi white supremacist that plowed into a crowd, killing a young women and injuring 17 others.

I'm arguing against the poster that said the opposition should stay home and let the Nazis have their rally in peace. I don't think so!

Allowing for opposition at a rally isn't silencing anyone's free speech.

Nazi snowflakes can't expect to be protected from opposition. Freedom of speech doesn't guarantee freedom from consequences.

So then what did you mean by this

Not in America! GTFO!

if that isnt advocating silencing them then what is it?

rights only mean something if they are for ALL
what part of that do you not get?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: buster2010

I am questioning my membership on ATS.

There are a lot of people on ATS who have been defending this. Makes me question if I want to be associated with a forum that have people who defend this kind of crap.

They defend it talking about freedom of speech, this is not freedom of speech this is hate and terrorism.

Thats is a very sobering video thank you for posting.

I haven't seen anyone defend the actions of some of these people. I think I speak for a majority of ATS members when I say I condone all violence that we have seen over the past 8 months including the violence we saw this weekend.

However I have seen people on other threads, including myself defend the right to free speech and speak out against censorship. I don't say that or agree with it because I support these people or their ideas. I say it because I support what our founding fathers wrote in the constitution and the protection it affords the members of this society and their free speech.

Do you not see the difference?

RiP Free Speech 2017. Nobody will miss you cause it sucked pretending to be respectful and kind. Hate and violence rules # YEAH!

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Are you #ing 10 years old?

Why do you feel a need to publicly state that you feel like leaving? Nobody cares.

Calling an entire group of people racist, simply for not agreeing with you on a subject is extremely childish, while you're acting all melodramatic and threating to leave ATS.

What the actual heck?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

What Nazi tactics did the opposition use?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What Nazi tactics did the opposition use?

Violence and censorship.

link   

What don't you get about "ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL" and the clear and present danger of an overt hate group calling for the genocide of all non-white Americans?

edit on 15-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

link   

Who said anything about banning speech? I said that they don't have the right to be protected from opposition and criticism.

Their ideals and what they are fighting to achieve goes against American ideals, especially the one that says that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. They are a clear and present danger to the American lifestyle, values and Democracy.

Yeah about that banning speech thing. Just try to talk to an advocate of giving transgender children hormone blockers and confront them with counter-arguments. You will be shut down so fast it will make your head spin.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Nazis don't have the patent on violence and I've seen no censorship. I've seen a proper effort to protect the public safety from those seeking to incite violence.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Why do you feel a need to publicly state that you feel like leaving? Nobody cares.

Well...you saw fit to respond so I'd say that you must.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Your deflection knows know bounds. Take some ADHD medication and try to focus on the issue at hand.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
So exactly what does GTFO mean in your world?

Their ideals and what they are fighting to achieve goes against American ideals, especially the one that says that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.

No THEY are EXACTLY why the founders put in all men are created equal. They are allowed their idiot ideals no matter how bizarre you think they are. I personally think they are the highest order of jackasses, but they get to believe what they like just like everyone else does.

How exactly are they a "clear and present danger to the american lifestyle"?
Really, please explain that for me because my 11 year old son knows these people are jackasses, and what they are promoting is nothing but garbage.
They are a minuscule portion of the usa population. They should be ignored like a child throwing a tantrum.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Nazis don't have the patent on violence and I've seen no censorship. I've seen a proper effort to protect the public safety from those seeking to incite violence.

Spraying people in the face with mace and beating them with sticks for holding a rally is censorship.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

How exactly are they a "clear and present danger to the american lifestyle"?

How about the premeditated murder of an American citizen by plowing through a crowd of opposition protesters chanting "Who's streets? Our Streets!"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join