It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville: Race and Terror – VICE News Tonight on HBO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

“VICE News Tonight” correspondent Elle Reeve went behind the scenes with white nationalist leaders, including Christopher Cantwell, Robert Ray, David Duke, and Matthew Heimbach — as well as counter-protesters. VICE News Tonight also spoke with residents of Charlottesville, members of the Black Lives Matter movement, and the Charlottesville Police. From the neo-Nazi protests at Emancipation Park to Cantwell’s hideaway outside of Virginia, “VICE News Tonight” provides viewers with exclusive, up close and personal access inside the unrest.

The video is worth the time watching it's only 22 minutes long. After watching it the only thing I can think of is these people are mentally ill. There is no question these people from groups like “Unite the Right” are nothing but racist who want nothing more than violence. It also shows when the car plowed into these people killing one person.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Because there isn't enough threads about Charlottesville yet. Lets have a few more. Why not

I mean it's not like THIS THREAD has the same video or anything.
edit on 15-8-2017 by FauxMulder because: RACIST. Let's talk about that

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I am questioning my membership on ATS.

There are a lot of people on ATS who have been defending this. Makes me question if I want to be associated with a forum that have people who defend this kind of crap.

They defend it talking about freedom of speech, this is not freedom of speech this is hate and terrorism.

Thats is a very sobering video thank you for posting.
edit on 15-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
1 unfortunate death and they call it terror. A sniper kills 5 cops and they call it a tragedy just because they were cops. Holy # this is getting retarded.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
1 unfortunate death and they call it terror. A sniper kills 5 cops and they call it a tragedy just because they were cops. Holy # this is getting retarded.

If a Muslim had done this you would have called it terror.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

They should have let the nazis have their little rally, but it looks like the counter-protesters couldn't help themselves and instigated and incited the political violence.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Nope. Look at my post history because i never jumped to any conlusions before knowing all the facts. I even made threads where i left out any accusations deliberately. Sorry that i don't fit in any of your categories.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

They should have let the nazis have their little rally, but it looks like the counter-protesters couldn't help themselves and instigated and incited the political violence.

So you don't think the Nazi's in that video did not incite any of the political hate.

I mean they were shouting anti-semitic chants, they were outright racist.

Most of the right who were at that rally were not even from that town, the people of the town are in the video saying they didn't want them there.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You do understand that considering additional information isn't the same as defending, right? Do you have kids? When one punches the other and the other punches back, do you just side with one of them? People blow my mind. Very basic common sense. If they add a disclaimer saying they recognize the fault of one particular group while examining the actions of the other, you jump on that too. You just can't win with emotional infants, I guess.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Just chilling!

Thanks for posting this. Everyone needs to watch this to see just what these whackadoodles are all about!

As Jimmy Fallon said,,,,"We can't go back!"

edit on 15-8-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

You do understand that considering additional information isn't the same as defending, right?

Then prove that there is some kind of additional information.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Of course they did. The rest of your argument sounds like a teenage girl. So what if they incited political hate? If you do something to incite a reaction from me, I'll be sure to remember you think it's cool if I punch you in the face. Still appreciate your dip# logic?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Another great scripted event !!

Act iii, Scene iv

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So you don't think the Nazi's in that video did not incite any of the political hate.

Most of the right who were at that rally were not even from that town, the people of the town are in the video saying they didn't want them there.

Watch the video. They were attacked with violence for holding a rally. That's persecution.

link   

So now words alone are justification for violence?

link   
a reply to: bender151

So this is what I mean when I talk about the cover racists.

You defend the racists, you do not denounce them for their racist behaviour in the the video but you stop just short of all out agreement with them.

Its covert racism.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Perhaps the concerned locals should have confronted there mayor and demand that the police keeps an eye out for any violent people and arrest them on the spot. Well apparently that never happened and it became a cluster#. They should kick in his door now and drag him out in the streets. He failed this city.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Is that what you saw in the OP's VICE video?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Is that what you saw in the OP's VICE video?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Obama wouldn't have. How do I know? It happened. Columbus, OH last year. Even though no one died, the attack was arguably worse in that it showed clear intention. He drove up on a sidewalk with zero provocation, ran over a bunch of people, got out, and stacked people with a butcher knife. Obama didn't even mention it. San Bernardino? Also not terror, apparently. Cops in Dallas or new York? Not terror.
Intent is clearly the motivating factor in deciding whether something is terror or not. Do you have access to some sort of manifesto from this guy? No? Then, until we learn more, it's not a terrorist attack. I'm sorry if that made you cry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join