It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not the left or right, please stop!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I've been keeping up with the posts relating to Charlottesville. Over and over again, people keep using the words "The Right or the Left" to label those at the protests. This is not a fair assessment.

I'm a right wing voter but not a hateful white supremacist. My brother is a gay left wing Democrat but he's not a whining liberal. We simply have different views. The "right wingers are this and all left wingers are this.." talk has to stop. We're driving a wedge between ourselves by making enemies of each other. We're not enemies..we have differing views and I for one don't agree with any of these radical groups that attended the rally.

The fringe groups do not represent the whole of either party. I see are both sides feeling the need to defend their party over the actions of radical groups when they shouldn't have to. The media does the same and many members hit the forum parroting the talking points. We're being played here people. Please choose your words cafefully because lumping a political party or their members with radical fringe groups doesn't advance the civility we need in this day and age.

Keep in mind that as time passes and these incidents keep occurring at protests, the government will seize the opportunity to remove the right to protest and say it's the best interest of the people and their safety. Every action has a consequence and I fear this is direction we're headed.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
S&F.

Good reminder I think many of us are needing.

Its sad how divided different political views have made us.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Sorry to say this, but as stated in another post, I believe the only way people are gonna stop fighting is when they experience an economic collapse that affects not just the US but the whole world. From the collapse, hopefully people both left and right work together and finally change the system.
edit on 8/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

exactly why I don't attend of support these rallies...From either side. If you want to tear your home town apart over your beliefs so be it...Doesn't affect me.

So far that hasn't happened in my town. However if some of these protestors came to my town and threatened me and mine.....well you would see a less compassionate me.....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Putting labels on someone helps to depersonalise them.

Its also worth noting that both "sides" are being used by people who do not have the best intentions for either group in their plans.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It's unfortunate but we have become so jaded in western society that there's nothing else to do but fight over political affiliation. Other parts of the world people have a hard time finding a proper toilet and they use the bathroom in the open. Many people Worldwide starve or die of water born illnesses but we just obsess over left-wing and right-wing.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Sorry to say this, but as stated in another post, I believe the only way people are gonna stop fighting is when they experience an economic collapse that affects not just the US but the whole world. From the collapse, hopefully people both left and right work together and finally change the system.

Just last night my husband suggested an EMP that happens on a worldwide scale. Take away the media and social media and luxuries and watch how fast political "enemies" form alliances in order to survive. When people have to use all of their energy just to provide food, water, shelter and safety for themselves and their circle all this meaningless political horse crap would fly right out of the window.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
S&F.

Good reminder I think many of us are needing.

Its sad how divided different political views have made us.

You're busy fanning the flames for months now. Either you stay true yourself or this is just an act.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Putting labels on someone helps to depersonalise them.

Its also worth noting that both "sides" are being used by people who do not have the best intentions for either group in their plans.

Media outlets just want to make money. They love violence. They love protests. Of course they are only going to show views that incite rage. Rage = ratings. Ratings = money. This is how America works.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This all seems to be leading up to something... and I'm betting it's all smoke and mirrors to distract the working man from what TPTB are really up to.

One of my ideas is that their plan for a NWO fell kinda flat with the craziness that has transpired.
This all seems staged ie. the political dilemmas America is facing, the refugee influx in Europe and subsequent rise in terror attacks by Muslims - we need to remember that violence committed in anger, or due to a loss of self-control is very different to violence inflicted due to a specific doctrine. Not even to mention the funny, little threat just North of South-Korea...

What is going on? My own goddamn country is screwed... Votes of no confidence bounce off the joke of a president like water off a ducks @ss, our economy is tanking more by the day and major damage has already been done.

I think all the working-class the world over should rise up, get rid of all the politicians (every last one) and get the smartest scientists together to form a new plan of leadership.

This corrupt "string-along" form of society needs to come to an end.
Religion, racism, bating, media... all words the common man has become entangled in... LGBT, PC... We all think we're making OUR OWN CHOICES, but really, everyone is getting screwed by mistakes made due to elaborate brainwashing and psychological traps set before them.

I feel trapped in a so-called 'free society'.
I believe smart fellas predicted this...

Left or Right, Alt-left or Alt-right, Democrat or Republican... White and Black... All words created to distract, to cause division.
Can't we all just be and leave our fellow man to be? How difficult is this 'harmony' thing?
edit on 15-8-2017 by GreenGunther because: It's better now

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The current technology and state of the internet has almost forced us into an ideological clash, people are far more opinionated and brazen when not face to face.
Unfortunately, I don't think it will get any better.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I question the whole notion that it's a left right thing and who benefits from framing the narrative this way?

It's like reducing the complexity of human behaviour down two binary choices and you can only be one or the other.

I refuse to play that game because I know that myself and other people as well are much more complex then being reduced to a media buzz word such as left or right.

I see the whole left right narrative as nothing more than social engineering that plays off the notion of manipulating polarities for some sort of gain.

Republican Democrat
Right Left
Mcdonalds Bugger King
Coke Pepsi

Duality and Polarity is everywhere and those in the know understand how to manipulate it to their advantage.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It's all so machinated.

IRL, I have deep friendships/relationships with people identifying all across the liberal-centrist-conservative spectrum.

I refuse to fall for what's being orchestrated. I'd feel like a fool believing so much of this sh*t is not completely manufactured with the intent to divide and push a hidden agenda.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The current technology and state of the internet has almost forced us into an ideological clash, people are far more opinionated and brazen when not face to face.
Unfortunately, I don't think it will get any better.

That's the irony I remember when the internet was new the day of dial up modems.

In that time it was being heralded as some sort of utopian means of communication that was going to unite everyone. Flash forward to 2017 and everyone seems more divided because they are all living in their own social media echo chambers that support their confirmation bias.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

exactly why I don't attend of support these rallies...From either side. If you want to tear your home town apart over your beliefs so be it...Doesn't affect me.

So far that hasn't happened in my town. However if some of these protestors came to my town and threatened me and mine.....well you would see a less compassionate me.....

I went to an anti-war protest in Louisville, KY, when GWB was president.

There were literally like 10 people who showed up.

Who are these people protesting & counter-protesting statues in cities on the other side of the country???? It makes no sense from what I know about people, in general.

I just don't believe what we are being sold is as-advertised.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

People think #ing statues are more "important" than protesting warmongering I suppose. That's why I have no faith in humanity. Zero.
edit on 15-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I would argue most people who are protesting today were under 18 back when Bush was starting Iraq, Im 33. So I was still in highschool

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

People think #ing statues are more "important" than protesting warmongering I suppose. That's why I have no faith in humanity. Zero.

Both the left and right orientated media are masters of turning molehills into mountains and getting folks worked up over it.

They are the experts in selecting and creating perception. What's even more interesting is what they don't report.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Yes. I realize that. But young people are more self-absorbed, now, than I have ever seen them in my lifetime. I don't buy into the idea that they suddenly care and are moved to act on behalf of others and the personal offense they feel at the sight of a statue.

Manufactured, IMO.

The deaths of millions, a fraudulent case for war, and the billions poured into the war(s) are so much more profound issues than defending or damning public art/monuments. Humans/Young Adults haven't changed THAT much in 20 years.

I didn't fall off the face of the earth and recently come back. I witnessed the last 20 years and, no, young people don't care about much outside of their own *images* and *worlds.*

ETA: BTW, I was in my late 20s, back then. And I cared more about the war(s) than any young adult. Young adults (overgrown teenagers)...they don't care about much outside of themselves. I am just not buying it. There's more motivating them to attend protests, like the one in Charlottesville, than we are being told. Something that benefits them individually...personally.

edit on 8/15/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
As a non American observing from afar its very sad to see whats happening,when you start playing with a countries history you are on a very slippery slope between that and the revolving door at the Whitehouse your lunatic media and all the rest of it your on the road to perdition and yet just a few decades ago you were the worlds light on the hill it is again as I say sad to see America loose its mojo and descend into madness.
edit on 15-8-2017 by khnum because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join