It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: He’s not all bad..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Lets face it, if you regularly read my threads on ATS there is no escaping the fact that I strongly despise Trump, I have made my views on the man abundantly clear, I even went as far to write a “Why I Hate Trump Thread”. Now this thread is something different, in the last few months on a almost daily basis I have been in some pretty heated debates with Trump supporters and although we strongly disagree with each other I do think it is fair to say that at times they have made some very good points that demonstrate that Trump is not all bad.

Now this thread is not about me taking anything back as such nor is it about me trying to win some popularity with the pro-Trump crowd because I think have gone well past that point. This is something different, I spend a lot of time on ATS bashing Trump so its only right that if I am willing to bash him then its also only right that I recognise when he does something right.

So for example on policy yes I strongly disagree with several of his positions however on abortion I am pro-life so really I cannot find much fault with him on this front. Now that might be controversial for some (note this thread is not about abortion) but there are other area’s of policy were I can agree with him. I cannot recall the exact figures but on the economy jobs are up and the markets are also up. Again its hard to fault a leader who boosts jobs and keeps the market afloat. Actually I am sure there are others, I remember way back at the start of the campaign reading a article about his views on several other policy area’s were I found myself in some agreement with him. ISIS is another example, I think taking a hard line on ISIS is only a good thing so long as he does not escalate the problem. I am also sure that in the future he will take a position that I agree with.

I also think that Trump has been unfairly treated by the media at times. I do think Trump is partly to blame for this in how he has alienated the media with his behaviour at times yet there is no denying that the media has been stretching or twisting things at times. A good example of this I think was when there were reports of Trump making fun of a disabled reporter, however if you look back through Trumps other speeches he has made similar gestures when describing anyone who he views as being a bit of a idiot.

The media do the same when it comes to Trumps views on far-right groups. I think recent events in Charlottesville perfectly demonstrates this, now yes Trumps handling of that situation was pretty poor. However the media then went on a bit of a rant on Trumps history with far right groups. I saw this video in a thread today that a member pointed out to me that I think shows pretty well that Trump is not a big fan of these far right groups.

Now sure I do think Trump is bigoted at times he has said or done things that boarder or racist, but I do not think anyone could watch that video and say that Trump supports far right groups. I think its also important to point out at this point that although the media often portray him in a negative light I do believe that much of this is his own making but the politically left of the media do at times seem to just hate on trump because is now the default setting, even when he is not so deserving of it.

I think the media actually have a devastating effect on how political discussion being had since Trump entered politics. When the media exaggerate all they do feed the calls of “fake news”, even on a issue that is quite obviously not fake news. Almost every news outlet take a anti-Trump stance the problem is that this puts Trump and his supporters on the defence at all times, trying to have a civil and productive discussion when one side is already on the defence is pretty challenging. They treated him like a joke and by extension his supporters like jokes, this has only promoted the kind of political devision we are seeing.

Also its worth saying that, lets face it, he could be a lot worse, he could have been another Mugabe, or Hitler (ahh Goodwinds law beating you to it). In his first 7 months on a almost daily basis he has been taking scandal after scandal so its actually pretty amazing he has not done anything really stupid yet (sure there is still time) that makes a massive difference.

I think its also important to note that deep down I do believe Trump, as POTUS, believes he has the best interests of all Americans at heart, I just also happen to think he is the wrong man for that job for a whole load of reasons I have went into in the past and that are not the topic of this thread.

Those of us who oppose Trump do spend a lot of time in frustration at his supporters for not seeing his negative, seeing the bad in him, but I think its important for us to see that he is not all bad. He is not some despot leader, he just happens to be a leader with whom several of us disagree with on several fronts and have lots of concerns about.

Yet that’s really what it comes down to, a political view point. It is important to remember that for reasons we oppose Trump there are also some who support him for those same reasons. For example one reason I oppose Trump is because of his views on immigration, yet I am sure that their are some who support this. Its not that I am right and they are wrong rather its just that we have a different political opinion and should be mutually respectful of that. Sometimes in the heat of debate that mutual respect gets lots on both sides.

edit on 15-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You’re never going to find anything in life that’s all bad, just as you will unlikely find anything that’s all good.

Sure, this ignorant racist will do some good, that some he may deserve credit for and some he may not deserve credit for, but overall he’s very bad news

And in the end by a vast margin he'll be way more bad than good for the American people and the world.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sure, this ignorant racist will do some good, that some he may deserve credit for and some he may not deserve credit for, but overall he’s very bad news

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a good POTUS, I tried to make that as clear as I could in the OP, am just trying to point out that he is not all bad.

I guess you are right however about how nothing is ever all good or all bad.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Looking at the whole picture is necessary to determine if a person is doing the right things. Yes, Trump does screw some things up, but so has every president who tried to do something in this country. The problem is that if you give our government a good idea, they make it expensive and make it into something that turns into a mess. How come we have these kind of people in our government, they want to please voters instead of making wise decisions to promote the overall stability of the country. We are living in a fad society, not a realistic one. We need to start using common sense and get rid of the busy bodies at the top of our programs, people who will do anything to get ahead. It often is a high ranking middle man in the chain that causes all the problems. Someone trying to get ahead in their field.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is a good POTUS, I tried to make that as clear as I could in the OP, am just trying to point out that he is not all bad.

I guess you are right however about how nothing is ever all good or all bad.

I understand you and agree somewhat and have made the same point, but this time for me, this incident is the straw that broke the camels back, no more pulling punches for this sinister beast out of hell

Call him for what he is, a racist, ignorant bigot who needs to be denounced at every turn until he does and speaks what’s right.

Because right now this evil human being is going to do untold damage on America and the world pretty dam quick

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I honestly didn't like trump until he became president. Ive read a few times people complaining about how hes egotistical or such similiar words. As they feed his ego, making him a house hold name. I wouldnt be able to deal with that, if it was my life. Hes taking on alot of stuff, his job, the hate and everyone trying to sabotage him. I dunno too many people who could handle that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Anything new with future King Jugears and the horse ?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Nice music, my shoes are all wet from the tears. Why give us this construct from a 'media analyst'

We know Donald says head to head that he doesn't like these groups, but hey, people don't want these die hard types in their communities, and his actions along the line belie what comes out of his gub. He behaves like a hoodlum, he talks like a hoodlum, and is was only on Sunday that he finally came out to say those guys are not wanted..oops!...well maybe, while the Governor made himself quite clear....they are not wanted!

BTW, fix that avatar if you want ro remain English?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

To be perfectly frank/honest, I am not moved in the slightest by your thread. The fight IS on. If you really want to 'win' for your side, develop a platform, find a leader-you have none- then promote that leader and that platform.

Trump bashing will not win the mid-terms other than those few states you already dominate. You won't win back those swing states, as you cited, the job outlook has improved and with the stock market gains, so has everyone's 401Ks.

Each day the left continues with it's current diatribe is another nail in the left's coffin. Frankly, the left is dead as a national party, from what I can see, so I have no reservations pointing this out.

I, myself, am far more concerned with the Republican Party and it's leadership than the left. I also hope he starts a third party while the sitting President and middle fingers the whole left-right mechanism. JMO, though.

edit on 15-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

What makes you so angry at Trump ? He hasnt been in office that long.
What "skin do you have in the game ? "
Can you back up what you claim about Trump ? He is President of the US , you know. Did you speak out on the failed and bad policies of the former President Obama ?
Why do you feel he is an ignorant racist bigot ?
How are you so sure Trump will be a bane to the people of the US ?

edit on 8/15/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

He's better than Pence. Every liberal, Democrat, and progressive I know prefers Trump to Pence. It's the media outlets that are determined to get rid of Trump. And since all the media outlets are owned by Republicans you do the math.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
He does do a nice job with the comb over. I'll give him that.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You truly cannot help yourself when it comes to writing threads about Donald Trump. In my humble opinion you need to seek out a mental health professional, your obsession with Trump is worrisome to many. I feel bad for you now.........Nah' just kidding.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

He's better than Pence. Every liberal, Democrat, and progressive I know prefers Trump to Pence. It's the media outlets that are determined to get rid of Trump. And since all the media outlets are owned by Republicans you do the math.

I agree it makes the situation difficult.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

What makes you so angry at Trump ? He hasnt been in office that long.
What "skin do you have in the game ? "
Can you back up what you claim about Trump ? He is President of the US , you know. Did you speak out on the failed and bad policies of the former President Obama ?
Why do you feel he is an ignorant racist bigot ?
How are you so sure Trump will be a bane to the people of the US ?

"What skin do I have in the game?"

What does that really mean?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Lets face it, if you regularly read my threads on ATS there is no escaping the fact that I strongly despise Trump, I have made my views on the man abundantly clear, I even went as far to write a “Why I Hate Trump Thread”. Now this thread is something different, in the last few months on a almost daily basis I have been in some pretty heated debates with Trump supporters and although we strongly disagree with each other I do think it is fair to say that at times they have made some very good points that demonstrate that Trump is not all bad.

Now this thread is not about me taking anything back as such nor is it about me trying to win some popularity with the pro-Trump crowd because I think have gone well past that point. This is something different, I spend a lot of time on ATS bashing Trump so its only right that if I am willing to bash him then its also only right that I recognise when he does something right.

So for example on policy yes I strongly disagree with several of his positions however on abortion I am pro-life so really I cannot find much fault with him on this front. Now that might be controversial for some (note this thread is not about abortion) but there are other area’s of policy were I can agree with him. I cannot recall the exact figures but on the economy jobs are up and the markets are also up. Again its hard to fault a leader who boosts jobs and keeps the market afloat. Actually I am sure there are others, I remember way back at the start of the campaign reading a article about his views on several other policy area’s were I found myself in some agreement with him. ISIS is another example, I think taking a hard line on ISIS is only a good thing so long as he does not escalate the problem. I am also sure that in the future he will take a position that I agree with.

I also think that Trump has been unfairly treated by the media at times. I do think Trump is partly to blame for this in how he has alienated the media with his behaviour at times yet there is no denying that the media has been stretching or twisting things at times. A good example of this I think was when there were reports of Trump making fun of a disabled reporter, however if you look back through Trumps other speeches he has made similar gestures when describing anyone who he views as being a bit of a idiot.

The media do the same when it comes to Trumps views on far-right groups. I think recent events in Charlottesville perfectly demonstrates this, now yes Trumps handling of that situation was pretty poor. However the media then went on a bit of a rant on Trumps history with far right groups. I saw this video in a thread today that a member pointed out to me that I think shows pretty well that Trump is not a big fan of these far right groups.

Now sure I do think Trump is bigoted at times he has said or done things that boarder or racist, but I do not think anyone could watch that video and say that Trump supports far right groups. I think its also important to point out at this point that although the media often portray him in a negative light I do believe that much of this is his own making but the politically left of the media do at times seem to just hate on trump because is now the default setting, even when he is not so deserving of it.

I think the media actually have a devastating effect on how political discussion being had since Trump entered politics. When the media exaggerate all they do feed the calls of “fake news”, even on a issue that is quite obviously not fake news. Almost every news outlet take a anti-Trump stance the problem is that this puts Trump and his supporters on the defence at all times, trying to have a civil and productive discussion when one side is already on the defence is pretty challenging. They treated him like a joke and by extension his supporters like jokes, this has only promoted the kind of political devision we are seeing.

Also its worth saying that, lets face it, he could be a lot worse, he could have been another Mugabe, or Hitler (ahh Goodwinds law beating you to it). In his first 7 months on a almost daily basis he has been taking scandal after scandal so its actually pretty amazing he has not done anything really stupid yet (sure there is still time) that makes a massive difference.

I think its also important to note that deep down I do believe Trump, as POTUS, believes he has the best interests of all Americans at heart, I just also happen to think he is the wrong man for that job for a whole load of reasons I have went into in the past and that are not the topic of this thread.

Those of us who oppose Trump do spend a lot of time in frustration at his supporters for not seeing his negative, seeing the bad in him, but I think its important for us to see that he is not all bad. He is not some despot leader, he just happens to be a leader with whom several of us disagree with on several fronts and have lots of concerns about.

Yet that’s really what it comes down to, a political view point. It is important to remember that for reasons we oppose Trump there are also some who support him for those same reasons. For example one reason I oppose Trump is because of his views on immigration, yet I am sure that their are some who support this. Its not that I am right and they are wrong rather its just that we have a different political opinion and should be mutually respectful of that. Sometimes in the heat of debate that mutual respect gets lots on both sides.

Star and flag. We have differing opinions on many topics but I think we're on the same page here and I applaud you for thinking outside the box. I'm guilty of judging you by some past posts but this post has showed me my mistake.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You're right, Hilary had "no bad in her" at all and I almost forgot no negatives! Loll a lot of people just see what they WANT to see and hear what they WANT to hear, there isn't much open-mindedness anymore
. Remember we had 2 choices, just because you voted for the guy doesn't mean you love him, it's because the other side was a devil/cult leader who seriously committed major gov't crimes scared a lot of people! Say what you will about Trump but he's at least on OUR TEAM (the USA)! And has a big heart with genuine love for America. If people would just give the guy a fking chance maybe they'd learn to get to actually hear him out and like him! I want a strong no BS LEADER! Enough of this pc bs man it's time to grow up! Lmaoo didn't mean for this to look like an attack btw I just wanted to get my point across and hope more AMERICANS can treat eachother like their brothers and sisters and spread love and hope instead of hate and discourse. Good discussion tho! Nice thread. a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yup, he's not all bad.

He has some nice dental work.

Sorry ...

I thought for a long time. And that's all I got.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby
Yup, he's not all bad.

He has some nice dental work.

Sorry ...

I thought for a long time. And that's all I got.

But they are #faketeeth

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I agree 100%. well written

new topics

top topics

join