It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Want To Fight White Supremacy - A Primer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

(post by kngfc removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

As is usual with you, you go over board with your hyper hyperbole.

Slavery was a bad thing. Few people worth listening to would disagree with that. It's why it ended well just about a century and a half ago. Jim Crow is no longer relevant. I've gray hair (far too much of it--thanks, Obama), and I remember it dying a well deserved death, though we'll still get twitches from the corpse upon occasion. Like this past weekend, and other times through the years, unfortunately.

You do know that it was **gasp** white guys primarily who ended slavery, right?? Some other white guys helped institute Jim Crow, but a broad coalition of blacks and whites (whites, no...not possible) helped end it. Helped to pass the Voting Rights Act, as well.

It would be rather more correct to say that some Americans are racist, rather than America is. But that wouldn't be hyperbolic enough for some...would it?

Oh, and Canadians might want to look in the mirror a bit closer before castigating their neighbors to the south...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow you guys are touchy as hell, fact is america was built for rich white people on stolen land and by slaves.

Theres people alive today that couldent drink in a certain fountain because of there color,but yea im a troll lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Strange Asian folks didn't seem to get those handouts, yet they are doing better economically than whites.

they didn't and no, they're not. when you have chinese american dynasties on the par with the Waltons and Standard Oil then we can start talking, THAT'S money. Owning your own neighborhood store is something else entirely. how many chinese americans are in the fortune top 100 millionaires?

The idea that we are "breathing white supremacy" that its everything around us. It pure cultural Marxist garbage.

I'm not going that far, but when i talk to my grandmother, in her day it was. And it's legacy is still around.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Where I live, the cities are less white every day.

Unless you look at the homeless- hard to find a homeless person who isn't a generic white guy ages 18-35.
Those folks have the short end of the stick- but I won't sympathize, because I fall into that category too, and I'm doing alright.
That's what happens when you study as a kid, then work hard as an adult.
Can't swing a dead cat in the city without hitting three help wanted signs, two homeless white guys, and a refugee who is well funded despite not being employed.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

Strange Asian folks didn't seem to get those handouts, yet they are doing better economically than whites.

they didn't and no, they're not. when you have chinese american dynasties on the par with the Waltons and Standard Oil then we can start talking, THAT'S money. Owning your own neighborhood store is something else entirely. how many chinese americans are in the fortune top 100 millionaires?

But that is a terrible standard.

Only a very small portion of whites are extremely wealthy. Its is such a statistical non factor that aisian americans still beat whites on almost all economical measures.

www.pewsocialtrends.org...

Chart there shows in 2010, average household income; whites $54,000, asian americans $66,000

They also do better in the education system.

If the system was set up to help poor white people because they expect more as the OP shows, how did this happen?

I'm not going that far, but when i talk to my grandmother, in her day it was. And it's legacy is still around.

There is racism around from all sides. Again, imagine a college degree in saying blackness is evil. Yet this is common in academia today.

And there are certainly racist whites. But are reaally to believe that things are just as baad or worse as they were before the civli rights movement? Its just not true, and to blame everything on whiteness is absurd.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

But I thought you clearly stated that this was supposed to "start a conversation." You did not say "start a conversation only with those who already agree with me."

Is this that famous diversity SJWs are so famous for?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
America is set up for whites and white supremacy, yet Asians do a lot better and are more successful than whites. Whoops. I think those that aren't so successful in the country need to look at themselves as the main source of their problems, because clearly other races can be, and are, more successful than whites in America.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

C'mon, there are plenty of Sino-American millionaires and not a few billionaires. Here's a list of the top 100 Asian tycoons in America. They aren't segregated by ancestry, but anyone who knows what a Chinese name typically looks like will be able to satisfy themselves that there are lots and lots of them on that list.

As for why they aren't better known outside their respective spheres of influence, that's a good question. If I had to hazard a guess, I would bet on there being some cultural difference that tends to make Chinese people more modest and less ostentatious than their WASP counterparts.

(I vaguely wonder if this is partly why Communism found fertile ground in China that it didn't find elsewhere during the 20th Century, but that's just a fleeting thought.)

edit on 14-8-2017 by audubon because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

But I thought you clearly stated that this was supposed to "start a conversation." You did not say "start a conversation only with those who already agree with me."

i don't think i did say i wanted to start a conversation, if you refer to the initial post. good try though!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
thanks to the mod for moving this thread to the proper forum -- i'm still getting the hang of this

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

i don't think i did say i wanted to start a conversation, if you refer to the initial post. good try though!

Oh, my bad, I mistook the part about saying we love discussing things to be invitation to discuss this.

Your mistake was in thinking we are new to these concepts. There is nothing at all new about any of them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Oh, my bad, I mistook the part about saying we love discussing things to be invitation to discuss this.

Your mistake was in thinking we are new to these concepts. There is nothing at all new about any of them.

great, thanks for letting me know. i'll just stop posting then since you've heard it all before.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If all you're going to be doing it proselytizing, then yeah, you shouldn't bother because this is an old and much debated topic. Now, if you are going to actually debate it, then people will discuss it with you, but that means defending it and why you think it's a valid set of theories, both intersectionalism and critical race theory.

As you can see, there are quite a few here who have run across it and even those who are aware of and freely admit the racial misdeeds of the country's past think the idea that entire country is built on a white supremacist framework because of it and therefore you must forever don sackcloth and ashes if you happen to be born with the wrong skin color is a load of racist crap.

But again, the presupposes you posted with the intent to actually discuss the idea and not just to proselytize to the ignorant heathen.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
We might not always agree politically (except on how extreme identity politics has gotten), but I appreciate your posts

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just wanted to say yes, Tulsi Gabbard 2020. That's my girl right there. a reply to: seagull

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

We might not always agree politically (except on how extreme identity politics has gotten), but I appreciate your posts

Same to you. And by the way, Tulsi Gabbard is a hero for speaking out against the US policy in Syria.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Wow you guys are touchy as hell, fact is america was built for rich white people on stolen land and by slaves.

Theres people alive today that couldent drink in a certain fountain because of there color,but yea im a troll lol.

There's truth to that, absolutely. But now days I think privilege has more to do with economic class and how connected you are to the elite. Don't get me wrong, I get that due to history MORE white people are in the upper class and connected, but there is a growing group of high economic class, high social capital, well connected to the elite people of color.

From what I've seen in politics, government, and business, what matters most is not skin color but whether or not you have high level connections.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join