It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley Hot Dog Stand Fires Cook Seen At Charlottesville Protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Firing a Nazi sympathizer is just smart business.

It certainly is. I think that the only concern being raised by some in this thread was whether or not there was actual verification that the person fired actually did attend that vile clusterf*.

It doesn't make a difference from a legal standpoint since as noted repeatedly they could have terminated him for his choice in socks, but I think it would be a bit reassuring to know that this was the result of something concrete as opposed to a game of broken telephone or "he kinda looks like that creep who we think spits in the food, so what the heck, right?"

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: xuenchen

That's pure capitalism for you. An employer can terminate an employee, or end his contract for any reason whatever. It's not covered under EEOC.

Oh Yeah it's pure alright.

Especially when companies like the hot dog stand pay taxes.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: olaru12

Would you feel the same if it were BLM?

I have nothing against the Bureau of Land Management.

oh, you mean Black Lives matter. Don't you think Black lives matter? Or should the Nazis wipe them out?
edit on 14-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums

It certainly is. I think that the only concern being raised by some in this thread was whether or not there was actual verification that the person fired actually did attend that vile clusterf*.

It doesn't make a difference from a legal standpoint since as noted repeatedly they could have terminated him for his choice in socks, but I think it would be a bit reassuring to know that this was the result of something concrete as opposed to a game of broken telephone or "he kinda looks like that creep who we think spits in the food, so what the heck, right?"

Star for that. I overlooked that argument in this thread and I agree.

But I was responding to somebody calling it a "snowflake overreaction" against somebody exercising their constitutional rights.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There you go. An employer should fire an employee that is filled with hate/racism etc. I would.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: rickymouse

Ok. So outside of special circumstances, what do you think the odds are that he called in sick versus took a vacation?

Around here, people who work in Hot dog stands do not get vacations. Our College does have kitchen help for the cafeteria, and they may get a benefit like that there, but our college does not have things like hot dog stands. If people working in Hot dog stands in California get vacations, I think that maybe everyone should go work in California.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Irishhaf

joy so now we get a snowflake over reaction to someone exercising their constitutional rights.

Unless he committed a crime while there, or tried to say he was representing the company he worked for, he should not be fired.

Murdering a woman with your car is a "snowflake over reaction".

Thanks for making my point.

So you know for 100% verified fact that this guy went?

the entire thing is sadly ironic.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Another thing worth bringing up is that neo-Nazis rarely exist in a vacuum. It's highly possible his way was covered, at least in part, by a fellow piece of garbage.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I agree with your sentiments but would like to know where you draw the line. If you had a member of an ANTIFA group working for you, would you also apply the same to them ? What about individuals whose political party support you don't agree with, do the same values apply ? Just curious as to how far we should draw a line in the sand?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Will those seen on the White Supremacist side of the rally be requesting safe-spaces for their beliefs now?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

joy so now we get a snowflake over reaction to someone exercising their constitutional rights.

Unless he committed a crime while there, or tried to say he was representing the company he worked for, he should not be fired.

Murdering a woman with your car is a "snowflake over reaction".

Thanks for making my point.

So you know for 100% verified fact that this guy went?

the entire thing is sadly ironic.

Your post I was responding to wasn't about whether or not he was there; it was about you calling the employer a snowflake for firing somebody because he was exercising his constitutional right to be a Nazi.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Berkeley Hot Dog Stand Fires Cook Seen At Charlottesville Protest

I wondered where all them 'antifa' came from.

Also wonder how much money it cost to bus them to the east coast.

I wish someone would take all the footage from Va and use facial recognition software and cross reference it with what went on in California.

Sure there wasn't just one.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That is a first amendment violation.

Political speech/belief/expression is protected.

People don't have to like them.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Why? Did the government fire him?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Political speech/belief/expression is protected.

People don't have to like them.

Work-at-will state. I can fire all the Nazis I want to.

I can also fire Isis supporters, child molesters, and drunks.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You can fire them if they like Michael Bay films.

And we should be firing people who like Michael Bay films.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You can fire them if they like Michael Bay films.

And we should be firing people who like Michael Bay films.

"Can I get Friday off to see the new Transformers"?

"Of course"! *gets pen from drawer to write final paycheck*

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"Of course"! *gets pen from drawer to write final paycheck*

That's pretty much how I work it with my team. Lurving on space alien talking toys? Hasta la pasta.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Damn this post has really made me feel like a nice hot dog (or bratwurst) with cheese, bacon and mustard (hold the mustard gas). Maybe in the states I could get one at 2am but here in the suburbs of Australia all I get now is Mcdonalds or Hungary Smacks thanks to the exportation of ya'lls fine cuisine.

I digress, if said employee was marching in an LGBT rally draped in a rainbow flag could he also be fired? Or marching for BLM, and of african american heritage, would there not then be an uproar due to the employer being racist?

I found a franchise where his racial bent will further his hot dog making career prospects.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join