It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The opioid epidemic has hit close to home, our 29 year-old niece almost died!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JeremyBrah

Thank you, I will forward this to my sister-in-law. She needs whatever help she can get.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
This wreeks of propaganda. I've no doubt she is beautiful, but what bearing does that have on the facts of the story? Otherwise it reads like a Nancy Grace article full of feigned excitement.

Propaganda or not, I could have written almost the same thing about stuff that happened to my friends who got into drugs. And my dead cousin.
edit on 8/16/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

So ATS, what are your ideas on combating the opioid addiction problem in this country? Do you agree with my ideas, if not why?

A group of my childhood friends got really bad into herion. Literally all of them. I happened to move away and had to see it through visiting and stories on the phone. It was horrible situation. About 6-7 of them died because of this. The first one to die I will never forget. I flew back to go to the funeral. This was in illinios by the way. It was middle of winter when the first one passed away.

He was doing herion in his mothers basement. He happened to be sitting in front of a space heater. When he passed, he fell right into it. His mother decided to hold a open casket. Ill never forget this to this day. His mother knew his friends was still doing herion. Before everyone got up to walk by and pay respect, she said "I decided to have a open casket, so those who need to can see what could happen to them" That was enough for me to never touch it, and even go out my way to help others that needed help with it. My step brother died a few years later. Never done it myself and it has ruined a few things in my life for sure.

I've noticed some people have been saying this is a recent epidemic, But its not. Since about 2000, Ive seen it ruin alot of mothers. Im sure it has been an issue for longer than that aswell.
edit on 16-8-2017 by MrWest because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join