It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoysaleswara Temple, India

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I came across this video this morning , It was published a few days ago. It highlights several amazing feats that were produced in this temple. There is either no explanation for their creation, or the possibility that we are missing some unknown knowledge. (states the author)

First they cover the huge temple pillars that appear to have been created using a massive lathe.

They then go into detail about the statues in the back of the temple, which are created out of a single rock. They show very intricate detailing as small as 3mm, or less. Hollowed out 1 inch skulls, necklaces, crowns.. Its pretty amazing. Light seems to shine through the objects, as if they were create with a 3D printer. (I'm using that as a comparative, not that it was. That is my own observation)

They also find symbolism to gearing (2:1 ratio) on a god that represents "measurements". Appropriately named. Considering hes holding this gear mechanism.

Regardless, pretty cool video. I hadn't heard of this temple before. So I thought I share it with the community.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Excellent video, thanks for sharing!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128
Visualize a few hundred men with a rope around the pillar (whilst its suspended horizontally), coiling the rope around the pillar - like a spinning top. The cutting is then used to cut it smooth. (gears are hinted at in the 1:31 mark of your video)
(some of the comments in youtube mention differential gear)

This video explains how gear ratios work to increase the speed of the smaller gear by the larger gear.

Thats my guess, but I'm not an engineer.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I was going to watch that video this afternoon but watched something else with the hour I had too fill in. Will definatley check it out now. Ty

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
I came across this video this morning , It was published a few days ago. It highlights several amazing feats that were produced in this temple. There is either no explanation for their creation, or the possibility that we are missing some unknown knowledge. (states the author)

First they cover the huge temple pillars that appear to have been created using a massive lathe.

They then go into detail about the statues in the back of the temple, which are created out of a single rock. They show very intricate detailing as small as 3mm, or less. Hollowed out 1 inch skulls, necklaces, crowns.. Its pretty amazing. Light seems to shine through the objects, as if they were create with a 3D printer. (I'm using that as a comparative, not that it was. That is my own observation)

They also find symbolism to gearing (2:1 ratio) on a god that represents "measurements". Appropriately named. Considering hes holding this gear mechanism.

Regardless, pretty cool video. I hadn't heard of this temple before. So I thought I share it with the community.

I'm on the road for a few hours so I can't watch a video, but I'm curious what you mean by "appears to be lathed" in reference to the Mantappa pillars. Lathes had existed for 2400 years when this temple
Was built in 1120-1150 as a dedication to Shiva so the pillars were actually lathed. This is well beyond the Iron Age and lathing was quite advanced by the time this temple was built so I'm a little befuddled at how the video presenter is puting it out there as if this is some example of unexplained high technology that couldn't have existed when the temple was begun 897 years ago when the technology had indeed existed for 2400 years I never Egypt, Assyria, Greece, Rome and India.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Triton1128

I'm on the road for a few hours so I can't watch a video, but I'm curious what you mean by "appears to be lathed" in reference to the Mantappa pillars. Lathes had existed for 2400 years when this temple
Was built in 1120-1150 as a dedication to Shiva so the pillars were actually lathed. This is well beyond the Iron Age and lathing was quite advanced by the time this temple was built so I'm a little befuddled at how the video presenter is puting it out there as if this is some example of unexplained high technology that couldn't have existed when the temple was begun 897 years ago when the technology had indeed existed for 2400 years I never Egypt, Assyria, Greece, Rome and India.

He states that its the "size" of the pillars, which appear to be lathed, which is unexplained. He quotes that archaeologists even stated they are marked as if they were lathed, but no document or mention as to how. Or in what kind of machine.

Even more so impressive are the statues.. That's what really blew my mind.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Although the Antikythera mechanism has been dated back between 100 and150BC, it is quite a complex machine, which doesn't preclude a more basic form of gears being known to classical Greece during Alexander's reign.

One thing to consider is the unknown extent of Alexander the great's impact on the eastern region of his empire after his death. Alexander's legacy included cultural diffusion across the regions which he conquered. This is illustrated through the naming of Alexandria, in Egypt, as well as the construction of Hellenic temples throughout the asia minor region.

His empire stretched from Classical Greece to the Indus river (a channel separating modern India and Pakistan) at the time of his death.

After Alexander's death in 323BC - over the next few years, one of his main generals "Perdiccas" left Alexander's arrangements in tact, allowing two locals - whom were respected by Alexander, to govern over these eastern regions.
One of these governers - 'Porus' was assassinated quite soon after, though the other governer name "Taxiles" remained in control of the Northern Indian region of Alexander's empire for years until sometime prior to 300BC. It was at this point that he was deposed and killed by Chandragupta Maurya - the emperor of the Mauryan empire who subsequently annexed this ex-hellenic kingdom into his own.

How his empire expanded is the subject of further research, though it provides a cultural pathway between the hellenic empire and the southern indian kingdoms - incorporating this temple.

As Alexander brought the science of Classical greece with him, it is quite possible that the fundamental principles of the Antikythera technology could have made its way through to the southern kingdoms of India utilising Taxiles' empire as a vehicle between eras.

Sources:
www.discoverallgreece.com...
(On Taxila)
books.google.com.au...=onepage&q&f=false

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing, very interesting find. Specially how some of those deities are holding the tools in their hands even.
Only think the part with the cow is pretty clear, people touching that over 900y would cause it to be polished, i seen it with many stone structures inside churches, the place where people can touch them are always super smooth.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Thanks for that. When you state lathes existed for 2400 years, can you describe how these lathes worked; to carve a pillar this size. Most interested in your ideas.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm such a girl.
The first word I saw in that name was sale.

I have a problem wrapping my head around the thought that ancient civilizations had industrial tools.
They didn't.
But they are our ancestors and they had our brains and ingenuity. They got us where we are now. Step by step by step

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Great video, very interesting. I wonder what type of stone the temple is made from, and how hard it is. The lathing on the pillars is incredible, but the part about the carvings in the statues is just amazing. The fact that they were carved from single stones is incredible.

The possibility that these "pine cone" symbols that have been found all over the ancient world could actually be a technology is very interesting too. I've heard it theorized that the pine cone was symbolic of the pineal gland which doesn't really make sense to me. In some of the examples shown it certainly does look more tool like than plant like. Any way, food for thought.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For all we know the technology is so primitive, that we "with our technological minds" are most likely overlooking what it really is.

I'm starting to read more, and more, about sound, vibrations, and how sound can now exceed the speed of light. How it can destroy pathogens, can levitate stone. Its actually incredible.

We need to look outside the box. IMO

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Excellent video, now this is just supposition but what if a previous civilization in India had left teacher and tool's hoping that there descendants' would one day restore what had been lost, those tool's ended up being used by priestly artisan's for a very long time but when the Islamic invasion came they were hidden away or lost and destroyed.

Whatever the truth this intricacy can actually also be achieved by hand, not so much in stone but Ivory were there are incredible intricate ivory carving's from China and Japan which are like thin mesh ball's, there insides removed using patience and time as well as incredible skill and all done with the most primitive tool's and by hand.

Given the religious nature of the site and the strength of human devotion were belief is concerned I do not doubt that this COULD have been done by hand as far as the intricate sculptures are concerned, the pillars though indicate that at the very least India was technically more advanced in stone as well as metallurgy then anyone would dare believe prior to the Islamic invasion and fell backward in it's culture and science under Islamic oppression that followed that invasion.

I would put this up there with Damascus steel (Actually an Indian alloy not made in Damascus at all) and suspect that these lath's may have been large water powered machines, the gear's show also that India was at least 500 years ahead of europe in technology and perhaps a lot more at this time.

Now that is the rational but personally I think this is suggestive that India had much, much more advanced technology and knowledge before the Islamic invasion than anywhere else in the world, the Indian people are extremely clever and inventive when they put there mind's to it.

Complex geared mechanism's and telescopes long before they were re-invented in the west, not the first time I have heard of something like this, I wonder how much of China's ancient science was actually learned from ancient India?.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the info very interesting, all I can say without trying to prove anything. Firstly the date of 900 years could be very wrong, whenever this temple was created these guys knew what they were up to. Come on now in a village where I live in Spain they had trouble building a two story building with an interesting roof, 150 years ago. When are we going to start to accept, that in ancient times there were some amazing builders who had the best of equipment for doing their projects?
If you ever have seen the size of an industrial lathe, you will know that on those pillars its would be ridiculous.Even if it was in wood you would have trouble making it. a reply to: Triton1128

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Large lump of rock with cut flat base (chiseled/sawn) sits on turntable. Turntable is rotated and a cutting tool (braced with wooden braces) scrapes away at the surface as it passes. Eventually, the rock is worn down to a cylinder which can be further shaped to decorate the cylinder.

Similarly, spinning drills and milling tools can be hand held and can produce very fine holes or can be used to 'finish' details such as shown in the video. To rotate the tool, you could use a wooden bow and twine. The 'bit' could have wooden bearings greased with fat and operable by one or two men.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Great reply. maybe add water to what you have said and you have a working thesis. It would be interesting to see someone give that a go nowadays. Even still if you compare it to Shakespears globe which according to the estimated data was 500 years later. Well the Indian work is light years ahead

edit on 14-8-2017 by ancientthunder because: Spell check

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Beautiful - but let's put this in perspective. What you see is actually very common for religious structures around the world in the 1200's.

Check out this Spanish cathedral built at the same time And then there's Borobudar (PInterest link, that one) which was built a full 100 years before either of them.

So we're not talking about something made during the Stone Age, but rather a time when we'd had iron tools for over a thousand years (closer to 2,000 years in the case of India), a well-developed system of craftsmen and apprentices and very very wealthy rulers.

I doubt they were done on a lathe - that's a lot of silly setup to do something (make columns) that they had been doing for 3,000 years (not kidding.) If somehow they'd made lathes that large, they would have continued to use them in other projects.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

edit on 14-8-2017 by ancientthunder because: didnt include the quote

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Beautiful - but let's put this in perspective. What you see is actually very common for religious structures around the world in the 1200's.

Check out this Spanish cathedral built at the same time And then there's Borobudar (PInterest link, that one) which was built a full 100 years before either of them.

So we're not talking about something made during the Stone Age, but rather a time when we'd had iron tools for over a thousand years (closer to 2,000 years in the case of India), a well-developed system of craftsmen and apprentices and very very wealthy rulers.

I doubt they were done on a lathe - that's a lot of silly setup to do something (make columns) that they had been doing for 3,000 years (not kidding.) If somehow they'd made lathes that large, they would have continued to use them in other projects.

This is a great cathedral with wonderful architecture and workmanship, but still, the pieces are small in comparison. How ever they were done the Indian temple is far more complex and detailed than our European temple. Like the point, you gave about the lathe being unlikely, due to the fact that no usage was ever noted thereafter.Not saying it was done by aliens, but whoever built that one had some great tricks up their sleeves.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I get the pillars. I'm aware that there is, or could be, alternative methods that would yield those same results. (the banding which looks like it was lathed) But the statues? With the flashlight, shining through 3mm wide gaps? Along with hollowed out crowns and skulls? I do not understand how that could be done. This day in age, we have 3D printers that print layer by layer at tolerances of 1mm or less. Or laser etching / engraving. Sure. But a thousand years ago?

That. is. amazing.
edit on 14-8-2017 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join