It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Right Wingnut Conundrum

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

This my rant thread. You don't like?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Filthy fricking plesiosaur should go back to his own time. I'm tired of these flipper monsters and all they stand for! DRAIN THE LOCH!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
OP ATS is very conservative. I'm a conservative and it's pretty obvious. I'm thinking it swung about halfway through the Obama administration.

There is a vocal minority of left wing folks, but they get drowned out.

Not basing this on stars and flags, but on the number of posts you see going one way or the other.

ATS has a LOT of members who think they're smarter than everyone else, and always want to be contrite. So Ron Paul was popular, then Sanders was, now Trump is. I'm totally part of the problem.

Really feel like one of the big failings of this site was encouraging so much political discussion. It might as well be Above Top Politics. Again, I'm part of the problem. I'm not starting threads on other stuff, and most of the time when a thread that's actually paranormal or whatever is started I'm too jaded to participate.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Then how do you account for Sanders winning the election on ATS?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

trump was really a terrible candidate from the jump, and sanders was careful not to alienate racist white working class folks?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I had forgot about that poll ...All I remember about pre election was saying "go bernie" and laughing when I heard the donald was throwing his rug into the ring .I came to find out later that I was a russian thingy ...we learn so much about ourselves here at ATS ...one thing that hasn't changed imo is that the alt-right rules

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

You only highlighted 2 results. If you add the republican and democrat candidate results together in that poll its more like

Reps 50%+

Dems 46%

There is only 4 dems to choose from but there is 10 reps to choose from in that poll. So only highlighting 2 out of 14 possible choices isn't giving the full picture.

edit on 13-8-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I don't understand how a poll on disinfo.com from 25 january 2016 (and is still open today) is reflective of members of ATS today, does any body have a screen grab from a little nearer the time this went up.

I'm in UK and just voted for someone called Santorum who now has 4 votes.

edit on th5108201781967 by Simon1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The problem with online polls is that one person can vote as many times as they want to. ATS, politically used to be more balanced but it has always leaned Right. It's nearly 100% Right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Valid question , Shame you will never get an answer.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: Abysha

The entire thread about Charlottesville is full of members defending the groups who organized it. The organizers were self-admitted white nationalist groups.

There are stupid people in all colors. Let them destroy each other.

The general sentiment has changed here and you know it.

No. I think we are seeing the end of the pc era.

This is your problem and indicative of the alt-right mantra being repeated until people are fooled. You are convinced that a defense of white nationalist groups is a way to give the finger to "political correctness".

Once they convince you of that, then suddenly racism is the hip new way to stick it to those stuffy PC folk.

It's working, apparently.

Is this one of those instances where its acceptable to judge the many for the actions of the few, or the one? I'm confused about what's ok and not ok.

I voted for Trump. Does that make me a white nationalist (by white nationalist you clearly mean KKK/Nazi/racist bigot) despite the fact that you don't know me?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

You should not be surprised. Politics is a pendulum that swings left/right here. Obama pushed it left, left, left ... So after that where do you think it was going to swing. Certainly not continue swinging left, left, left ... and if it had, you think this is bad?! I would be massively afraid of that backlash. This one is bad enough.

I know the massive disappointment comes from the fact the left finally thought they had the game rigged to where they would never, ever lose another election in this country again. One party rule forever! But then they went and nominated Hillary Clinton.
edit on 13-8-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

So because they had permits to be there, I'm defending them?

Some of us are being fair. If left wing hate groups can protest with permits, so can right wing ones.

It really is too bad we have this thing called the law and it's applied equally to all.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You are simply illustrating why the shift towards white nationalism sympathizers has been so shocking.

Shift towards white nationalism? Can you give me some sources to work with here or is that an opinion?

The entire thread about Charlottesville is full of members defending the groups who organized it. The organizers were self-admitted white nationalist groups.

Defending their message or their right to speak?

Two very different animals.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

You are simply illustrating why the shift towards white nationalism sympathizers has been so shocking.

Shift towards white nationalism? Can you give me some sources to work with here or is that an opinion?

Defending their message or their right to speak?

Two very different animals.

The message, of course.

I'm a staunch ally in the first amendment. I don't think there should be legal recourse to outlaw this sort of speech or thinking; I just also believe in criticism being an equalizing measure against hate.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If you click on the view results you will find the truth.

That's not really the "truth." It's just representative of the participants only, which is not accurately representative of the whole simply because A) it is entirely voluntary, B) and is not a random sampling of the site's users.

All this proves is that of those who decided to poll, more favored Bernie over Trump.

That's all it proves.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I think that one of the reasons this site and a lot of other so-called conspiracy sights are considered right wing is because of the contempt most of us of this ilk hold the Clintons in. During the general election so many people who hated Clinton became Trump supporters by default. Arguing on behalf of Trump throughout the campaign hardens that choice in the mind and one feels the need to continue to defend him after he's actually elected. (Which I still cannot fathom). No matter how bad he does one can fall back on the thought that he was still better than the alternative.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I didn't realise just how right wing this site was until the latter part o the election....all of a sudden it seemed as though scores of members lost their minds.

I could well be wrong but even those who support Trump would have supported Bernie as he represented a paradigm #, sadly when Bernie didn't make the nomination I think the consensus shifted to Trump, as he was seen as "anti status quo establishment" which is a shame as the Republicans represent the hoarding of wealth and dirty politics they were trying to bring down just as much as the Liberals who had sold out to the Republican mindset.

In effect, America never voted or real change, they voted for alternate enslavement amplified, by stealth.

By voting Republican they just hit snooze for 4-8 years.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

What are you considering center? Eighty five percent of the posters I see here are either hard right or hard left. Unless you consider equal portions to be "center." If that's the case, then you need to reexamine what political center means, because it's not equal portions of right and left. A centrist is a proponent of a mixture of the two in regards to policy.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Uh-huh then for someone who thinks they should be allowed to speak, you spent a lot of time accusing people defending their right to speak, not them, of being nazis yesterday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join