It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Judicial Branch is Incredibly Corrupt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've got a lot of ideas about what's wrong with and how to fix the Judicial Branch, but let me tell you about what happened to me yesterday in court. Note, this is NOT an isolated incident and with this specific judge in particular it is his hallmark to act corrupt, arbitrary and capricious, and completely bias. He just loves proving how ultimately powerful he is and he knows no one can do anything about it.

I could go on and on about this guy but let's just focus on what happened yesterday because it's a perfect example and expresses his trademark tyranny.

Event 1:
I was mailed a 'notice of summons for a hearing' on June 29th.
The hearing was set for July 14th.

The notice says on it in plain English in bold letters-
"You have a RIGHT to be present at this hearing and give your side".

Event 2:
The summons got lost in the mail, and I received it on July 19th.
The envelope was stamped as received by the Post Office on July 17th.
So several days AFTER the hearing took place!

Somehow the envelope got lost in the system for several weeks.
No fault of mine. I normally receive local mail within 3 days of posting.
I get mail every week so I have tons of evidence supporting this.

Event 3:

I present a notice to the court and request a hearing to give my side because I wasn't given 'proper notice'.
I explain that the letter got lost in the mail and make photocopies of the envelope showing the P.O. stamps w/dates.
(Sent June 29, received July 17)
I included another letter from the local court to show that usually it only takes 3 days to get their mail.
(The control example was sent July 14th, received July 17th).

Event 4:

I show up at the hearing I requested yesterday, Friday August 11th.
(That was the soonest possible opening on the docket).

They call my case and I walk up to the podium, and the judge flat out says this:

"It's not my fault the Post Office lost it, so request for a hearing DENIED".
I protested and pointed out that I have a right to a hearing and that service has to be proper.
He responds "I denied it!!".

So I told him 'I'm appealing it and I'll see you in 9 months'...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This loose cannon Constitution hating judge, Phillip Smith (Nashville 4th Circuit Court) once told me that if I ever mentioned the Constitution again I'd be arrested and held in contempt of court! (Because I was trying to assert my right to Due Process)

I'm not an ass, I act really respectful and kind and fair, I say please thank you and excuse me. I don't get emotional or upset, I show courtesy and am extremely amicable and open to compromises. I'm a good guy. I see myself as a stand-up citizen, I'm nice to everyone and don't insult anyone, I'm very patriotic and helpful, I Love my Country. I've never had a problem with a judge in any court ever, until this lunatic.

Look, everyone including this jerk knows that if they don't give proper notice to a respondent of a hearing than it is NOT LEGITIMATE. I always show up to court on time and have never missed a hearing in any of my cases ever! It's so fundamentally unfair, even if he wanted to rule against me before he ever heard my side it doesn't matter, he is suppose to at least pretend to give me a chance to speak my case! EVERYONE KNOWS THIS IS A FACT IN AMERICAN LAW!!!!

A Right to proper notice (constructive or actual) is the most fundamental and basic element of DUE PROCESS in law! This is the foundation of a fair legal system. He KNOWS that he violated me, and he doesn't care at all. He KNOWS that I'll have to spend almost a year going through the appeals court just got get a mandamus writ forcing him to give me a hearing. By then it'll be irrelevant anyways!

The guy doesn't have proper jurisdiction, end of story.
He issued an injunction against me (because this is a chancery court issue) and I have to abide by this order or face being arrested for contempt of court even though he never recognized my INDISPUTABLE RIGHT TO BE HEARD!

How frustrating and maddening!
That guy is a psychopath and he is emblematic of everything wrong with the US legal system!
Power-hungry tyrannical right abusing judges that think they are GODS and can do anything they want because they know there's nothing anyone can do about it. Most people don't even care until it happens to them!

Just to fight this guy and persevere against him by filing complaints with the commission, suing the court, pursuing appeals processes, etc, will take years and a ton of $$$!!! Do I have time for this crap? Does anyone? NO....

I just broke down and cried last night, I HATE GOVT CORRUPTION!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What you describe is not corruption. It is process.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
All he had to do was reset the date for a fair hearing, maybe 2 or 3 weeks from now, send notice to the plaintiff, and we could do this the right way.

I know I have zero chance of winning no matter how good my legal position is because this guy has political connections to the plaintiff (and he refuses to recuse himself over the obvious conflict of interest).

Anyways, for awhile now I've decided that what we really need in America is a more robust system of reporting judges misdeeds and to have them suspended, sanctioned, or removed entirely. Their authority has limitations set upon them by the law and yet so many of them issue orders so far outside of their lawful authority.

It's in the newspapers everyday, and even the Supreme Court screws up pretty often!

As it is, the Judicial Branch was our LAST HOPE against Govt Corruption and tyranny, but with judges like this, there is NO HOPE at all to maintain the RULE OF LAW and ensure everyone gets a fair shot in this country!

We need to limit their power, create more methods of punishing them, and take this SERIOUSLY.
Just wait until it happens to you. We'll see how you like it.

There were 30 attorneys in that damned courtroom and all of them look appalled and shocked by what happened to me, yet NO ONE SPOKE UP AND SAID ANYTHING! They are all too concerned about getting in trouble, and staying on the judge's good side so they can win their stupid cases and not get blacklisted by him thus losing all of their future client's cases in that courtroom. It's despicable, dishonorable, and unacceptable! This is TYRANNY.

This country has become a freaking joke.
Land of the slave, home of the cowards.

We need CHANGE! NOW!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Hate to tell you this, but this is pretty much par for the course with the Feds. If your not careful, you'll find yourself in contempt of court and in jail, possibly for months. There's no winning in Federal court unless you can hire some attorney that's "in" with the court, and they're very expensive and they're pretty rare, usually only one or two per court. At this point, you're just chum for the sharks.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
What you describe is not corruption. It is process.

What???

So if I hire someone to "serve you papers", and they never serve you, and we have a hearing and you get ordered against by default because you never showed up - then you find out weeks later - request a fair hearing because you can PROVE you never got proper service - and they deny you a fair hearing - you call this PROCESS?

Wow you're insane.
And totally WRONG!

Actual Notice

Actual notice is a law term, used most frequently in civil procedure. It is notice (usually to a defendant in a civil proceeding) delivered in such a way as to give legally sufficient assurance that actual knowledge of the matter has been conveyed to the recipient.[1] Personal service, that is, physically handing something to an individual, is usually considered the least-disputable method of giving actual notice.

Actual notice may be contrasted with constructive notice, which is a way of giving notice that may not immediately bring the matter to the attention of the individual that is intended to receive the notice. Constructive notice includes, among other methods, service on an agent or family member, service by posting (on the front door), and service by publication (as in a newspaper).

DUE PROCESS CLAUSE

Procedural due process is essentially based on the concept of "fundamental fairness". ... To put it more simply, where an individual is facing a deprivation of life, liberty, or property, procedural due process mandates that he or she is entitled to adequate notice, a hearing, and a neutral judge.

Ignorant people like you piss me off so much.
You think tyranny is acceptable and see nothing wrong with it??

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Capricious sums up power-mad judges pretty well.
Lifetime license to play God.
You're spot on, there needs to be a system in place to remove those who abuse that authority.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Hate to tell you this, but this is pretty much par for the course with the Feds. If your not careful, you'll find yourself in contempt of court and in jail, possibly for months. There's no winning in Federal court unless you can hire some attorney that's "in" with the court, and they're very expensive and they're pretty rare, usually only one or two per court. At this point, you're just chum for the sharks.

Not totally true.

This is a local Tennessee State Court (Davidson County).

I have two cases in Federal Court where I'm the plaintiff and the judges there have been really good to me. They have been super cool, so far at least.

I guess I need to go back to the Fed Court and file a suit against this TN court for violating my most fundamental rights of due process....

Sigh... what a bunch of time wasting BS!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Capricious sums up power-mad judges pretty well.
Lifetime license to play God.
You're spot on, there needs to be a system in place to remove those who abuse that authority.

We have a system to punish judges but it's so unbelievably hard to use by the average citizens. And the people who run it are in the "club" so only in the rarest and most extreme circumstances will do anything at all.

Hell, getting them to admonish a judge for bad behavior is dam near impossible!

They essentially need to be so sloppy and ultra-corrupt and committing felonies on the side for the state to be forced to do anything about it. You need critical mass in the public to scare the authorities into "having to" actually investigate and do anything about it all.

Unless I can prove this guy is dumping bodies in the river at night or selling tons of drugs he's essentially untouchable!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
muzzleflash if I were you I would contac the ACLU ,these are the types of cases they like to take up.This is an appalling abuse of power and I would say it's a way to step on and refuse your rights granted by the Bill Of Rights.Wish you luck on this and it happens far too often.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have become so cynical and jaded that I honestly believe that aside of maybe 5 of you here, that no one really cares. Everyone has their own problems and self-interest to worry about.

And when it comes to politics everyone wants to argue about SJW this or that, no actually cares about what is really wrong with this country. It's too scary and to difficult to solve. Having divisive opinions about sexuality or race is so much more comfortable and safe and simple.

I know ATS doesn't care, I don't even know why I bothered posting my rant.
Maybe I just wanted to prove to myself that Justice is not only unpopular, it's meaningless to the average citizens.

The first guy to respond to this thread doesn't even understand the #1 most basic and fundamental aspect of US Law, DUE PROCESS and the main tenets of it - Proper Notice, Right to a Hearing, and a Neutral Judge.

How freaking depressing...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Altria
muzzleflash if I were you I would contac the ACLU ,these are the types of cases they like to take up.This is an appalling abuse of power and I would say it's a way to step on and refuse your rights granted by the Bill Of Rights.Wish you luck on this and it happens far too often.

Thank you.
Thank you very much.

Tyranny is such a nightmare and it really hurts very deep.
Thank you for being a patriot...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
And look, here is Tennessee Rules of Civil Procedure 4.04
Service Upon Defendants

At the very end of subsection (10):

Service by mail shall not be the basis for the entry of a judgment by default unless the record contains a return receipt showing personal acceptance by the defendant or by persons designated by Rule 4.04 or statute. If service by mail is unsuccessful, it may be tried again or other methods authorized by these rules or by statute may be used.

He violated all the rules just to prove to me that he hates me.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I think what he was saying was that this isn't an example of corruption.

dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.

Are you suggesting someone bribed the judge?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I have become so cynical and jaded...

I resemble that remark.

Man, I feel ya bud! This is an obviously egregious and blatant disregard for your basic rights and the fact that this judge has connections to the plaintiff in the case only increases the stench.

I think at this point I would be thinking of creative ways to make the lives of those folks a bit more uncomfortable as it seems as though any official response has very little likelihood of coming about.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I really would love any ideas, lol.

I wish I could somehow make the public aware that they are ignorantly electing and re-electing a psychopath as a judge. People just vote (R) or (D) and have no idea who they are actually voting for.

And guys like this just get so overwhelmed by their sense of limitless power that they think they can do anything. The law isn't what is on the books, it's whatever they say it is, after all.

I just wish Americans weren't so uninformed and apathetic. Nothing like this would exist if people payed attention to the government and held it accountable.

And the MSM (especially the local news agencies) do everything they can to protect the govt corruption and hide it from the public's view. There are so many crazy judges or other officials and I'm sure people report it to their local news agencies really often but they purposely choose not to investigate or report on it.

In fact it's so bad that I'm afraid there's no actual difference between the MSM and the Govt. They are just tentacles belonging to the same beast.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

We place too much emphasis on the presidential elections. There are three branches of government and the people control them all, but the people only care about one.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

No one cares about judges or sheriffs until they are wrongly violated by one.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

There doesn't have to be bribery, that's just the "typical" example of corruption.

The plaintiff suing me for an injunction (to basically put a gag order on me) is a local wealthy and extremely well connected socialite that knows all the big players and wants me gagged because I got dirt on them.

There are even local political activist organizations involved.

This all stems from the fact I asked Governor Haslam to veto their bill and informed him of their corrupt activity and they are using this as a SLAPP injunction to tie me up while they achieve their political goals.

A SLAPP is a "Strategic Lawsuit Against Political Participation".

This crap is straight up corruption no doubt about it. I'll reveal more at a later date when I can legally do so. Sigh....

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What I got myself into is pretty messed up and really complex. This is just one tiny little offshoot of it.

And though I'm not a paranoid person by any means, I do have some credible inside sources that warned me that I'm essentially hitting the hornets nest with a stick here.

If I keep putting pressure on them I'm convinced my life will be at jeopardy. I think they'd frame me for something rather than put a direct hit. But anything's possible apparently (judging by what inexplicably happened yesterday).

I'm pretty terrified and terrorized now.

Well I learned my lesson I guess. Rich powerful people get anything they want and can get away with nearly anything - and if a normal nobody like me starts screwing around threatening that cozy lavish lifestyle I'll get crushed by any means necessary. The end result justifies it.

So us little slaves need to just sit down, shut up, and do as we're told. Only "important" people have rights and they are effectively above the law.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join