It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea's ICBM Reentry Vehicles Are Likely Good Enough to Hit the Continental US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How can a gorilla and a mosquito have a "cold war" or a "nuclear war". North Korea is nothing.

The problem is, comparing country/population sizes. A nuclear bomb can destroy a lot no matter if it comes from a town of 20 or a country of millions.

North Korea IS nothing.... mostly, until they have a nuclear bomb. And if they use it, they're quite something actually. But having a cold war with NK, you're right, pretty silly to even suggest it's a possibility. Nuclear "war", well yeah, if someone terms a one or two day nuclear bombing exchange a war, lol. I see where you are coming from as I write this response but it's making me smile to see my ignorance so I'll be a ham and share.

I suppose if a nuclear exchange lasted 2 days, it could be called a "nuclear war". But there's no need for the USA to use anything beyond conventional weapons against North Korea.

Personally, I think there's something war-loving built into humans. If I were President, I'd tell our intelligence community to put those billions of dollars we've sent them over the years to work. Get rid of Kim Jong the fastest way you can. He's in the public all the time. Not hiding in sewer pipes like Saddam Hussein.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: dianajune

Ok so maybe they can hit the continental US on a normal trajectory but do they have any capabilities to accurately target anything or is it just let it fly and see where it lands? We only have the reports from NK themselves, which are probably exaggerated.
Also in regards to a nuclear warhead onboard a missile, do they have any proper arming safeguards and the capability to transmit arming commands to the missile?
So far they have only demonstrated the half-assed capability to launch their missiles and have detonated a couple nukes on land.
Nobody is mentioning their capability to put them together and launch and I am not entirely sure they have it.

I think the simple answer is they don't have guidance systems capable of any acuracy. I consider it much like the v2 rockets in world War two. GernaNY could hit a country but a specific city was impossibe. We have seen nothing from North Korea which proves they have any acuracy. I don't think they are capable of hitting Guam by anything but an accident. This is why they said the waters around originally within 25 miles. They made a claim there missile landed within 24 meters of its destination but as of yet the splash downs seem random and hundreds of miles apart. If you wanted to prove acuracy you would pick a point and all your missiles would aim for the same target. The other problem they don't have the capability to even monitor to say it was accurate. No ships in the area it's beyond radar range so how do they get their information to make these claims?
edit on 8/12/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Not being accurate can be more dangerous than being accurate. Aim 25 miles off the coast of Guam. But actually hit the island of Guam. Oops!

The "Wrath of Trump" was just activated!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

How can a gorilla and a mosquito have a "cold war" or a "nuclear war". North Korea is nothing.

The mosquito can still draw first blood and it would not be pretty.

First blood and then, splat!.. its dead. No war.

China and others would do nothing? No Friends of NK?

If NK strikes first, China will give us a free retaliatory strike, which is all we'll need.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Apparently there are sources who suggest that US ICBM's are likely to be able to hit the North Korean mainland!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join