It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says nearly 3.5 million volunteer for People's Army as tensions rise

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wasn't going to post this, but i'm finding the escalation between North Korea and The West something to be aware of. A couple of friends of mine have already messaged me about what's going on in Canada and warnings they've received from Health Canada via a work place emergency meeting.

Health Canada has also warned funeral homes to prep in case of a pandemic, which i've yet to confirm. If anyone has a link feel free to post it here.

www.reuters.com...

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Saturday that nearly 3.5 million workers, party members and soldiers volunteered to join or rejoin its army to resist new U.N. sanctions and to fight against the United States in the current geopolitical tension between Pyongyang and Washington.

Earlier this week, nuclear-armed North Korea threatened to strike the United States and its Pacific territory of Guam.

KCNA said on Wednesday a mass rally was held in Pyongyang to support the government. North Korea has previously mobilized large crowds to show its resolve when tensions escalate.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

....if they only had uniforms, food, rifles and bullets for all of them......

The average North Korean is going to be shocked at the amount of food they will soon be getting with liberation. They will probably elect Trump Great Leader for life.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Fear can induce people into doing almost anything that, clear thinkers, would consider suicidal.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I find the Health Canada part more interesting than the size of Lil Kim's army.
Do you have a link to the official fears of a pandemic?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

The average North Korean is going to be shocked at the amount of food they will soon be getting with liberation. They will probably elect Trump Great Leader for life.

Armies that cant eat, cant fight, and thats a real issue for NK.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Trump needs to focus on Die Gloch and the Second 193 (Obama's insane Mexican Migration from 2009 - 2016 Fall...for it is 1963 all over, yes 0088, that;s right, wherever you are.

When we have Overt Air Control over Die Gloch and their Spies, then we will be free, only then.

-Lord of Essex 002

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So a Republican-led government that cuts food stamps in their own country will give extra food to North Koreans after attacking them?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I know, the post was to show how serious they want us to believe they're getting over this. My addition to the post, i can only tell you a friend informed me this morning of a meeting by Health Canada which was considered 'Urgent' by Gov. officials. This was up in Hay River in the North. I'm only relaying this because there are other Canadians who frequent this website.

In the case of Pandemics, as i said before, i've yet to confirm that one.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

originally posted by: pavil

Armies that cant eat, cant fight, and thats a real issue for NK.

Look how fast the Iraqis were surrendering after getting their heads bombed for a few hours straight in the 1st Gulf War. And they were probably getting fed pretty good by North Korean standards.
If this goes down with NK, once "shock and awe Xs 10" hits them, they will be happy to surrender for food.
You can only survive on boiled grass clippings for so long.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Yeah..."volunteering."

If Lil' kim told the fearing masses that nickleback was the greatest band in the world then they would rush out and buy their latest mechanized monstrosity before they got arrested for treason.

The latest US envoy to NK called the regime "a cult of personality" which is true as the North Koreans either love him or spend a lifetime in slave labor.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I found something on the pandemic concerns:

Canadian health officials have extensive plans to ensure people survive a future influenza pandemic, but they’ve also made macabre recommendations for the nation’s funeral homes for those who don’t. “In a pandemic, each individual funeral home could expect to handle about six months’ work within a six- to eight-week period,” the Public Health Agency of Canada warns on a web page about the management of mass fatalities during a pandemic flu.

“That may not be a problem in some communities, but funeral homes in larger cities may not be able to cope with the increased demand.” One of the agency’s recommendations is that funeral homes make advance plans for what to do if their staff get sick, including making arrangements with volunteers from service clubs or churches to dig graves. Storage space for corpses could also be a problem, the agency notes, and it says refrigerated trucks or ice rinks could be pressed into service if needed.

Source

I'm not sure what this has to do with North Korea, unless they're expecting Kim to unleash bio weapons?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I think that could be exactly what's being planned. There are weapons that vaporize so that being said, it would be a more likely scenario rather than what we're used to regarding a nuclear fallout.

Am i worried? Not at all.

Thank you for adding that snippet to the thread

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

That's exactly what it is yes. Fear is holding these people's feet to the fire while bowing down to a corrupt selfish leader. I feel for these people they have no idea many of them, how the rest of the world really looks apart from what they're fed to believe.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

So a Republican-led government that cuts food stamps in their own country will give extra food to North Koreans after attacking them?

They will love our Government cheese.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

That's the spirit - America First. I knew you'd see the light!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

good point apparently they arent eating to well these days outside the elite units www.theguardian.com...

The main difficulty conscripts must endure is constant hunger. Soldiers in the special units are well taken care of but those stationed outside the capital Pyongyang are only given two or three potatoes a meal, or are fed solely on raw corn kernels or corn rice.
so it seems the conscripts would not be fed to well

www.rfa.org... they are also given less combat gear due to malnutrition

North Korean soldiers are being issued with lightened packs and other combat gear in an apparent bid to ease the loads carried by troops weakened by malnutrition, according to sources in the reclusive, nuclear-armed state. The move, which went into effect at the beginning of the year, will reduce the weight of combat packs from 55 to 40 pounds, a civilian worker in Yanggang province, bordering China, told RFA’s Korean Service.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
They know the best bread line is to be in the military, especially with new sanctions being placed because of their madman dictator.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Nobody volunteers over there. They are REQUIRED to report for everything...or get a stomach ache from anti-aircraft guns...

No...just...NO

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I think the general population realize that yes, according to what we've been told anyways. It was the title of the article.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone posted, but they are culling 3 million chickens due to its flu, or possible bird flu in the Phillipines. Maybe that is what Canada is worried about.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join