It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vampire Next Door

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Recently, my eyes have been opened to what some refer to as 'psychic vampires' They are more common that I was ever aware. We live in difficult times to say the least. As an empath, I have always had sympathy for the devil', so to speak, when confronted by negative people. Many people know me as talking about energy, but few really knew what I was referring to. I came really connected with the idea, but I don't know why. I remember ten years ago, having to explain what a psychic vampire is, on a very popular alternative news forum. I was surprised that no one in the thread knew what the term meant, as the topic was on empaths. This left me wondering if maybe I invented the term. Maybe so, in my head;but I am sure I picked it up somewhere, as the term is now used often on the internet.

A psychic vampire is an individual who resonates at a very low frequency. They literally drain your good and helpful energy, as they do not have any of their own. Have you ever been around someone who leaves you feeling weak? Psychic vampires are the narcissists, psychopaths, and control freaks we encounter every day. I have been told that we live in a narcissistic society. One look around and it's not hard to see that humanity is at odds with itself. Everywhere is strife, hedonism, pride, competition and downright cruelty. War is the status quo, a very hard reality, verses an ideal of peace and love. Most people are good by nature; so, how is it that the majority are complicit towards unnecessary violence, depletion of resources by the literal rape of Mother Earth,just so some can pretend to be better than others, creating a minority elite division of society, whose sole purpose is to dominate the masses, and creating the illusion that without their evil machinations, we could not survive?

Speaking of 'Sympathy for the Devil", by the Stones, an interesting lyric in that song is, "Who killed the Kennedys, After all it was you and me." The collective consciousness is partially defined by Wikipedia as,
'Collective consciousness, collective conscience, or collective conscious (French: conscience collective) is the set of shared beliefs, ideas and moral attitudes which operate as a unifying force within society.[1] The term was introduced by the French sociologist Émile Durkheim in his Division of Labour in Society in 1893.'

Where are the 'working class heros today?, an appellation used by another musician, John Lennon. Out of curiosity, I have asked several 'hip' people of today, whether they thought John Lennon was a bit crazy towards the end of his life. So far the answer has been more like a puzzled look in my direction, seeming to convey, "You don't know that?". As if it's a foregone conclusion that Lennon had to be nuts, to leave the Beatles;and, to make such 'horrid' songs, Like "Scared", which is spooky and actually prophecies his death. One guy certified that he knew Lennon was nuts, because he read the book. I don't know who wrote what book, but obviously Lennon was a spiritual being, being written about by someone who did not have a clue what Lennon stood for. Somehow, our collective conscious has evolved to the point where our working class heroes are instantly demonized.
We must ask why this is? Another lyric that comes to mind is, "Did they get you to trade your heros for ghosts?", by Pink Floyd. This was written before Lennon's demise, but is apt to this situation. Begging the question of who is they? My contention is that they are the psychopaths and energy vampires of today's culture;who are not only more prolific than we realize;they are much more common too. It's as if an unseen force is holding down humanity's spiritual and material evolution. They are Us.

To be continued....... I am leading up to the idea of a low vibrating collective consciousness, but please comment as you see fit. Section 2 is not written yet, so ideas are welcome.

edit on 12-8-2017 by davido because: typos

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: davido

I know that psychic vampires is a big issue everyone is talking seriously about....

But we need to turn the frogs straight again asap! Then we can worry about the vampires.
edit on 12-8-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This thread is a psychic vampire.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

They exist, of this I am certain.

Another question is how. You mentioned Lennon and the Stones. Bands with intricate and original music, much like many bands of that era. Not like anything today which is largely cookie cutter to genre.

Couple that with lack of motivation to think outside of anything that's not presented in a socially acceptable fashion and there may be something there. Imho of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

maybe so, I am open to suggestion. thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My problem is people who take energy without giving it back. I have no problem sharing it. It's when it becomes expected, unappreciated and unreciprocated that they begin to feel like vampires.
edit on 12/8/2017 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah, the tree frogs out here here where I live are louder than dogs barking. I'm used to it now, but it was disturbing my sleep at first. These frogs need to straighten up and bark right. At least they are somewhat in unison. Definite proof that all is one. One large cacophony that is.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

I agree, same here. When you naturally support others, sometimes it feels like we are being taken advantage of when others do not return even small gestures in gratitude. It can feel like your friends are not supporting you. A lot of people do not even realize they are displaying 'cruel indifference', when they ignore your needs. Usually, I let it pass,but your right relationships should be mutually beneficial. Sometimes folks are so wrapped up in self, that they are oblivious to other's needs. I have to look at when I give. Was I 'expecting' something in return? If so, I was not truly giving. It takes two to tango.
Usually, I just lower my expectations, but I like to think positive, so if ya can't see the bright side, then polish the dull. However; there is not much light in an insensitive rude individual. opposites attract, but it doesn't always bid well for the givers.

edit on 12-8-2017 by davido because: added a youtube

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Your journey is your responsibility.
Another person's is their responsibility.

The choice is always yours whether to engage or not. I'm not seeing the issue here? The term Psychic Vampire has been around since the mid 90's that I'm aware of and for the most part it's usually someone who's not aware they do it, or don't know any better. It's very seldom it's intentional.

Also the labeling of negative energy, or positive energy automatically puts you into a bad place since it is self-limiting.
Energy is neutral, it's our behaviors around it that define the experience.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: davido

I agree, same here. When you naturally support others, sometimes it feels like we are being taken advantage of when others do not return even small gestures in gratitude. It can feel like your friends are not supporting you. A lot of people do not even realize they are displaying 'cruel indifference', when they ignore your needs. Usually, I let it pass,but your right relationships should be mutually beneficial. Sometimes folks are so wrapped up in self, that they are oblivious to other's needs. I have to look at when I give. Was I 'expecting' something in return? If so, I was not truly giving. It takes two to tango.
Usually, I just lower my expectations, but I like to think positive, so if ya can't see the bright side, then polish the dull. However; there is not much light in an insensitive rude individual. opposites attract, but it doesn't always bid well for the givers.

I'm thinking about someone fairly specific in my post. It's not so much about expectations but more the fact this person talked about how they fed off me. Which was fine at first because it was a two way thing at firsy. It just got to be too much.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

A lot of the actual vampire lore comes from the practice of blood drinking. Other theories are that entities feed on adrenaline tapped by killing a frightened victim. Also, some speculate that the blood is used to concoct the Philosopher's Stone. Interesting that the Compte Du St. Germain is said to be linked to the dragon bloodline. St. Germain is rumored to be immortal. Check out Nicholas De Vere.

Most of the myths about real vampires were propagated by the medieval churches, in order to scare the masses into compliance. Vlad the impaler is supposedly the motivation for Bram Stoker's Dracula books.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I agree with you. Another point is that duality is a trap, or the good/bad duality, which actually may contribute to an overall low collective consciousness. However, to be caught in duality in a way that ignores negativity can come back on you, as repressed emotions. To resolve duality is not to find the middle of two extremes. When we create divisions,we separate. The denial of negative force directed at you is what gives it the ulimate power. I am talking about negative emotions, hate,fear, jealousy, as negative energy. If you deny negative energy, then you may never get to the point of analysing your side of it to see what needs to be fixed. Anyone, who has dealt with a narcissists and experienced the feeling of being drained knows what I am talking about. A narc attacks another's self image to reinforce their own.

Transcending Duality

edit on 12-8-2017 by davido because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by davido because: bad grammar

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

OK, read your link and puked in my mouth a little.

Nu-Agers just LOVE to complicate the Simple don't they? Plus misinterpret others symbology and mix it all up, like a short-cut stew. The symbol used in the article is from the Kabbalah, mixed in with some psychology and lets not forget we all must "Transcend" this 3rd density vibration.

Really, the look on my face is priceless.

I agree with you, in your round about way that in general societies not really going for the gold in evolving, however it's been known for a long time that music was changed from 432 hertz to 440. To our detriment.

But again, so what?

It's easy enough to work around the stuff we find non-beneficial. Another name for the collective conscious is "group think" which usually drags us down to the lowest common denominator, so not putting THAT on a pedestal.

Not sure where you were going with the thread?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I used to be good friends with a female psychic vampire,M,before she moved to another province.She was a really nice,good-hearted woman who loved to help one out with anything she could do. But there was that aspect of her-she left one feeling tired,depressed and irritable after spending time with her. It happened with a mutual friend of ours at the time also,she actually sometimes had to go lay down from a headache and physical exhaustion,after visits from M.I found out when i pitched up at her house for a brief visit,and her daughter said:"Mom's having to lie down,she's feeling drained+have a throbbing headache,so she'll probably only be up much later" I asked if her mom was coming down with something maybe? She said:"No,just M was here,you know" and then i found out M drained her severely too.

Thing is,she was/is a giver type person,not a taker,a really nice person,down to earth,cheery, and sensible and capable.She used to be a nurse till a bad back injury left her unable to work anymore,though not disabled,just she could not handle the lot of walking and standing for long hours at a time that nurses have to do.She had not a good marriage,but she seemed happy enough with her husband till she found out he's been cheating on her quite often,then she divorced him,took their son,in whom he never had much interest anyway, and moved to the province where her mother is living.Last time i briefly saw her she looked very happy,she came by to say hi because she came for her stuff that was stored in the capital.She is a strong woman,inner strength wise,at least that was the impression of us who knew her. Dependable,steadfast,responsible. I honestly can not think of one bad thing about her except the strange vampirism deal.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Raxoxane because: added

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Couple that with lack of motivation to think outside of anything that's not presented in a socially acceptable fashion and there may be something there

Good Point. It's all about conformity these days. Almost a devolving Consciousness over the last 50 years. The bands were original and more creative then, because the did not have to conform. They were themselves and more free. In a borg-like society, you only get to choose the corporate sponsored cookie cutter music, which is more profitable.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Thank you for your candor. I agree that discordant music has an effect on the Collective Consciousness in a negative way, but isn't that thinking a bit New Age? Thanks for the discrimination and the label.

edit on 12-8-2017 by davido because: youtube edit

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

I hear you. I know a few people who are really nice, but it seems like something is happening on a subconscious level.
I do not want to get into specifics and talk about people, because that drags me down. Most narcs have winning personalities, as they are constantly presenting an image. When you disagree with them, they literally fall to pieces.
I started noticing this in more people, and my advice is to not disagree with them. Her situation sounds out of the norm, but labels are deceiving, as we may not fit all of the parameters. For example, a liberal who identifies with all of the liberal ideologies, but one. Are they really liberal if they own a gun? I have never been around a truly happy person, that has drug me down;but, I have encountered negative thinkers who bummed me out. Back in the day, we used to call it 'vibes'.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

There are many many of them, Psychic Vampires. Sometimes hidden, sometimes not. Being an empath myself, it's best to shield yourself and stop focusing on people with low vibrational energy. If you don't they will suck the life force out of you, and it doesn't feel good. Those who understand, know this well. Tsarion talks in depth about this.

edit on 12-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm thinking about someone fairly specific in my post. It's not so much about expectations but more the fact this person talked about how they fed off me. Which was fine at first because it was a two way thing at firsy. It just got to be too much.

The song that comes up in my mind is:"Let It Bleed", by the Rolling Stones.
Lyrics Here

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

I agree 100% Unfortunately, I had to find out the hard way. My brother, who is 'down to earth'-errh grounded, but afraid of change, did not believe me two years ago. After telling him about the crazy crap happening, from people e both know-he now agrees. I made the mistake of challenging their subtle put-downs and brought out the rage. So, what I learned is it's best not to challenge their ego and 'no contact' is not a bad idea. Especially, as an empath-(WE attract them) or an HSP(Highly Sensitive person)

I haven't been up on Tsarion as of late, maybe I'll check him out later. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join