It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most absurd and ridiculous thing you've ever considered?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Thank you very much and I am glad I was able to contribute.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: QueenofWeird

It is all digital universe /simulation. There is one level up at least. Like a story and its author.

Are you suggesting that all the stars and galaxies are.. lying? Why such a large simulation?

I've dome some research into the sacred geometrical design properties of all existence and have arrived at the conclusion that certain configurations were programmed right from the origin of creation by anticipation and with intent, beginning with the end in mind.

That's a very tightly controlled program and fine-point spacetime control across the entire cosmos in time and history, as opposed to some sort of random occurance, which doesn't even begin to explain it.

I guess the point I'm getting to, is that if you start with nothing, and then you have all this design at the micro and macro levels, it doesn't matter what you call it, whether a simulation or a contrived reality, it's still a type of designed program or game that starts out with a vesical Pisces and the flower of life.

Here's what I think, as a spin on your idea of our place and role in the creation, as directed from a higher level re: a simulation.

Consider that whether you believe in the big bang or not, we are right now sandwiched in eternity, between two eternities.

Now, consider this from the POV of a creator, looking for the optimal breakout point by which to be something instead of nothing and to generate the framework within which to enjoy a shared experience amid the illusion of a self-forgetting that's also a future self-remembering, kind of like what I described in my earlier reply to you where we come to that same place that Jesus did when he said "love them, as you loved me from before the foundation of the world". It's a rational and logical outcome or byproduct of this whole premise, where the apparently solipsistic aspect, except in so far as it's a universal principal, is that we were made contain and to comingle with this higher intelligence (like a type of spiritual food of some kind) or what Christians call the Spirit, which is also the same "Person" as the son and the first father of all creation, as the game designer, but at a more intimate level since the basis of the relationship can only be found in the present moment and in eternity, as our "already always" present moment felt experience and as our TRUE condition.

so there's nothing..... for an eternity, and then... lo and beyond here we are, as characters in the game, by intent and with anticipation and the finest design there ever was as an expression of the original impulse or whim to create.

You'd run an endless series of simulations outside of time, since time is nothing but the process and the manifestation itself, but nevertheless, an eternity could very easily represent a rather longggggggg no-time time.

finding an endless series of universes that flop, then fine tuning to an infinite degree, the cosmological constant and all the laws of physics, from simulation to simulation until, at long last..... ah HA! Then, with the option to create, or not to create, you might even sit on it for a while, to fully consider all the implications and the risks involved ie: in the loss of the self in an annihilation that remains forever self-forgetting... scary stuff.

And what to do with these human beings, who are fearfully made to stand right next to the Godhead and thus stand in a very precarious position subject to a great fall, maybe when their kundalini rises to form a crown or some such thing, only to see them declare themselves as God and kick the Creator or the Father straight out of the equation, when the desire was to share it all with a close friend and "child" in the first place, or the game loses its enjoyment.

And then it dawns on you. Ah HA, I will make a way for myself to take on a character, in human form as the perfect model of authentic leadership and in so doing, sow into the creation and the fated wedge of the game, the means by which to retain and preserve and protect, everything that's worthwhile, including the very REASON for creation in the first place, where it could be said that everything was made by the father in and through the son (as a first cause and reason), because of love. This was done in order to save us from ourselves, if not also from the evil one (whoever or whatever that might be - bad aliens working at enmity with God?), and to triumph in the battle between good and evil amid a universal controversy surrounding the issue of freedom and of universal authority.

Could it all have been won by a little man here of all places...? who indeed was sent, even as he sends us in kind?

Call it a simulation or the sim of all sims if you like, it makes no difference when we're talking about a domain of felt experience and of reason and logic, and above all, love.

The truth of Christianity (put this one in your pipe and smoke it) is that we've been protected, from ourselves and from any power or principality which might undermine God's own plan and design, maybe even out of jealousy, not unlike the elder brother in the parable of the Prodigal Son.

A game hack was inserted, to make sure that we could not end up in a position where we'd be left forever orphaned when the desire and intent was something a little more joyful and celebratory in the koinonia or the intimate, participatory sharing, as that between a husband and a wife or of a brotherly or sisterly fellowship, at a table, with food, sharing laughs and stories and good times and bad times.

The trouble with all this, given the magnitude of the creation (which is really there, even if it's all an elaborate sim), is the apparent solipsism of what I'm proposing, because within the context of a non-local, holographic universe, such a thing or event needn't happen anywhere else and at any other time.

However, if could be a case where "the last shall be first, and the first, last", in which case the joke isn't only on us alone, but at any and all who come not to serve, but to be served.

It could be enough to topple and set right the true authority of all empires and monarchies from here to kingdom come, when the King Himself makes an appearance and does something and teaches and communicates something here on Earth, of all places, via the relativity of human being.

This is a very amuzing and funny even hilarious proposition, no matter what you're point of view, and because it's also so satisfying and joy filled, it might even be enough to calm the nerves of restless natives, wherever they may reside.

This world cannot and is not the source of evil in the universe, that's not the endgame either.

So it is in this sense that the beast (whoever or whatever or wherever that might be) is thrown down upon the earth, chained up (with a chain of evidence), and tossed headlong into the abyss (which means oblivion).

There is nothing irrational or unreasonable about any of this, no matter how far fetched or "absurd" it might appear to be.

Thus, the very highest height of Virtue might be thought of as power, restrained.

"And what is bound on earth, is bound in heaven also - let all with ears (or their equivalent) to hear, let them hear!

So I think there lurks a game triumph and a big boss defeat and a wonderful surprise, praise God the Gamemaker!

edit on 14-8-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I had another rather far out idea, that might be considered absurd, but what if our true condition (as described above) includes that of everyone else at the most fundamental level as part of a type of cosmic consciousness made up of the collective consciousness of all sentient life in the universe?

What would their "heart" and intentionality be towards every other, ourselves included? and what does that evoke from us in relation to them.

And I figure if there are any bad apples in the midst, that they are by far outnumbered by the good and the loving, unto almighty God so they needn't pose any real danger within the context of a universal Civility defined as: Consciously motivated organizational behavior that is ethical in submission to a higher power.

We have nothing to fear.

This particular consideration, at least for me, generates a deep sense of love and tender mercy and of great purpose that's resonant and in alignment, even if relative to what is otherwise in the domain of an unknown unknown.

In fact, in as much as we are children of God, so too is every other child throughout the whole universe.

Can we receive and transmit sentiments and feelings of good-will and good-intention when framed within a universal context, and even a collective consciousness that is itself a part of God-consciousness, of which we also have been given a part, and a role to play?

Is there a universal connecting principal at the heart of it all?

I think there is. And there, where the heart is, is the treasure also, which no thief can break in and steal nor any woodworm or rust corrupt ie: once you got it, you can't lose it; once the treasure is found, the wise man reburies it, marks the spot and goes out and sells everything he owns and buys up the whole field to own it and to have it.

That opens up a pretty big and wide field of awareness and of unending possibility, including the possibility that we can access untold resources if our intentionality is in congruent alignment with the first/last cause, and the alpha and omega of existence... and there a river of the water of life is freely available to all who thirst as presented by the Spirit and the Bride, and you are also the Bride, even if you didn't realize it before now.

And doesn't that same river not flow throughout the whole of the city?

Oh what is man that thou art mindful of him and the son of man that thou did visit him?

~ Psalms

edit on 15-8-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

That was the funniest thing I read all week.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

No it's al about a hierarchy of realitiets if you will. A reality is nothing more than a consistent story, or semi-consistent. Does not mean per se that there 's a creator.

There is No magnitude. A story can be about a span of 1000 years, written in a day and read in an hoor.
edit on 15-8-2017 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

BTW what are you smoking? 😛

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
i'm saving this for later a reply to: AnkhMorpork

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Cheers. Glad you liked it. I look back on the experience and knowing what I know now I was a di##h33D.

I would not do it again.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Crikey mate. Lotta reading. Thought this was a post for experiences.

My regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sorry mate, I went a little overboard. Was trying to describe a construct that appears absurd but may be true and is logically consistent.

It might help move someone to a new consideration and way of seeing and being.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join