It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most absurd and ridiculous thing you've ever considered?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What is the most absurd and ridiculous thing you've ever considered, that just might be true, or not?

I love the ridiculous and the absurd that just might be true in the domain of absolute uncertainty, and of the unknown unknown, or what we don't even know we don't know, which is probably our true condition to begin with (hey there's one).

So what else can we do but speculate until the cows come home, and even if they never do?

Out of this fundamental predicament, within a universe of mind boggling proportion, must arise humor and all manner of nonsense, but when it gets interesting is when we make such speculations with understanding and awareness that it might very well be true, or not ie: that we might have been self-deluded in our pretentions and apriori (biased) presuppositions.

Then the stage is set, to the spot lights of crisscrossing reality-tunnels where in truth nobody has the first clue as to what's really going on or why.

However, all is not lost in the quest for truth if the consideration itself gives rise to what might be thought of as "the humor of true understanding", which resides in the domain of the knowledge of experience ie: that we are in the predicament of unknowing and uncertainty, with little choice or options but to at least try to speculate, while perhaps contemplating things that are "out of the box" by any normal or traditional standards, lest we imprison ourselves in a state of everlasting ignorance.

It is therefore of the gravest and utmost urgency, that we make the attempt to explore the endless domain of the absurd and the ridiculous and the seemingly impossible, which we would never have considered before for the life of us had we lacked courage or imagination, along with the capacity to take ourselves (whoever or whatever that might be) infinitely less seriously, and infinitely moreso both at the same time, to generate the space within which to have fun - or what's the point?

This isn't for the morose or the bitter, this task, or maybe it is, particularly if you were worried that your own humor and mirth and playfulness might have died on the vine.

For some among us we need to learn how to laugh even in the face of horrific injustices and various betrayals, all of which share a certain ridiculous absurdity and nonsense at the heart and root of our struggles with our fellow man and with ourselves.

So before you just offer up your favorite crazy-thing, whatever it is, I would like to ask you to pause for a moment and consider instead if there's something you've missed that's even crazier and wilder in it's speculation, and then tell me that doesn't open you up to wider vistas of possibilities to consider out of the process of making the inquiry itself.

That's what this thread is for.

And who knows, someone might shed some light in a blindspot or ring a bell capable of resonating throughout all the spheres, and as we all know you cannot unring a rung bell or unlearn something once known, and if it's funny and humorous and delightful, all the better.

I invite your nonsense, your insanity, your insightful brilliance. Thank you.

Best regards,

Ankh

edit on 12-8-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

Making the decision to watch Star Trek Discovery after seeing what they did to the Klingons.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Lol. Great idea for a thread. Bravo. S&F

Sometimes, an Author comes along with a great series of books. Perhaps, a few, just a few authors have an ability to receive telepathic signals that show a whole different culture. Since the Author is not aware of the gift, they just think that they have amazing imaginations.

So ... Pern could be a real planet.

Belgarion could be real.

Pug may exist.

Tez and Titarth may be flying above you right now.

And I as an Author could have super powers without even knowing.

P

edit on 12/8/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

My silliest thing was I went diving in the clear waters of upstream Roper River collecting snagged fishing lures near a crossing. Northern Australia. I collected about 50 of them. All sorts. Worth a mint.

What stopped me was a 4 x 4 Toyota tray top parked itself on the crossing with these three blokes in it. One fella on the tray had a loaded high calibre rifle pointed in my direction. Well I exited the water and the driver yells at me that this crossing is full of crocs. I assured the driver that the locals told me their was none. Well he laughed and said that they say that so the area may get a bit of notoriety. Every second word from the driver was an expletive by the way. Anyway I asked was the rifle for the crocodiles.

"Nah stupid, the bullet was for you in case one grabbed ya yer flaming d##kh33d".

That night I took a spot light out along the crossing and sure enough their were more red eyes spotted around that crossing than a pub at knock off time mate.

Still got a few of the lures though and use them occasionally. Always reminds me.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

If I answer this I will get another 500 points deducted.....

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Charlyboy

If I answer this I will get another 500 points deducted.....

Hah! Was thinking the same thing.

"I once considered _____ a ____ with a _____ while a bunch of _____ totally _______ on film but my ______ was totally ____ so I decided not to. Jesus ____ Christ, that would have been _____ awesome".

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Sometimes, many times, I just don't know what I am thinking.

I had just moved to the Tampa-St. Pete area and was trying to navigate my way around all the islands and bridges and little hamlets. I am typically a slow careful driver. I've been accused of coming across like a school teacher (which I have been a couple of different points in my life.) So, pretty conservative and careful-not a risk taker.

But somewhere in my brain as I was taking in all the beauty surrounding my crossing a bridge, I suddenly noticed lights behind me on a lowering board and noticed I was the only car on that side of the lights. My adult daughter was with me and she started yelling that the bridge and our car were being raised. Some man came out of all small box and started yelling.

I knew then I was on a drawbridge-first one I can remember-lived most of my life in Minnesota and Georgia. Well, it wasn't too high so I thought I would just go ahead and gun it and jump the bridge opening. Well, thank God my daughter was there screaming for me to stop. I kinda, seeing too many movies, thought I could make it. Dumb. So dumb.

The bridge was lowered for us to back up so the bridge could be raised for all the waiting boats; then we passed. Funny, no ticket or police or anything. I lost 30 years of respect from my daughter in that one moment.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
A space-age future by the twenty-first century.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Got to be this: What if David Icke is right?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Thinking I could make that jump on that knackered old moped when I was 16...ended up in a canal and a broken leg.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

What is the most absurd and ridiculous thing you've ever considered?

Skydiving!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The most absurd, and ridiculous thing I've ever considered? Killing myself, I'm glad to be out of those dark places, and dark days now.....

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Ummm...that this version of reality...is the real deal...and not some spoon fed perspective foisted on the eager believer...

Lifting the hem on the veil of that particular thought train may cause premature ejection...or is that ejaculation...?

The world...may never know...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Got to be this: What if David Icke is right?

Ummm...that's what I just said...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

The fall of the Berlin Wall made me believe the 2000s would be about world peace, the decline of religions and moving forward to a brighter future for everyone! It was a great belief and a few million shared it. We'd all be humming show tunes and skipping to work, rest and play in the 2000s. La de da de da

Here we are and there's more religion than ever and world peace is like an insult to our intelligence. "Did you say world peace? Child, GTFO!" Nobody believes in it anymore; it's a childish concept. Even the college generations of today are too realistic to go for that old pipe dream. You know it's bad when the young generation stop believing in peace.

To further kill the dream, two of the greatest egotists on the planet are playing chicken with each other and busy inverting the successful nuclear deterrent policy into a nuclear threat policy. Who said, 'We're going off the rails on a crazy train?' They were right.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Some reasonable efforts here, but I know you guys can do even better. We have to push the envelope here and get beyond the box..

edit on 12-8-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: damn typo!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
The most absurd, and ridiculous thing I've ever considered? Killing myself, I'm glad to be out of those dark places, and dark days now.....

And it's a damned good thing you didn't try, because you're a deadly accurate gunshooter.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I once seriously considered the idea that I was at the center of a cosmic drama between the forces of good and evil and that if I failed in my "assignment", all would be lost, and to this day, I cannot get a sound sleep at night until I take the smallest dose available of a powerful antipsychotic.

What I learned, is that it's important to remain well grounded, or you can end up in a $hitstorm for venturing out too far over one's own head.

edit on 12-8-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

To hire a male prostitute.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thinking project Serpo might had happened and believing Tom Delonge

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join