It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Businesses refusing services based on discrimination

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
As far as I know...

Police Officers and Military are not a protected class (i.e. Sexuality, gender or race)...
& personally I don't think they should be either.

But all I know is that when a crime happens in the vicinity of this Gym, I'd expect a delayed reaction from the Law.

What will happen when a gay, black, transsexual Cop comes in to get a membership is beyond me though...
That'd be interesting.

Pretty sad that we protect fruitcakes and sickos, but not the heroes that protect and defend us. I think we have our priorities screwed up in this country.

Your sentiments are perfect examples of why those protections are granted.

I was advocating for us to protect the rights all people, not just special interest.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: ketsuko

Your rant makes no sense. "We don't exist"? Who is this "we"?
Inequality is the reason for "protected classes". If people would just treat everyone equally we wouldn't need "protected classes" in the first place.

I will never treat a deaf alien the same way I treat a sexy señorita with a spandex covered bubble-butt... never... and there's nothing you can do about it.

Protected classes be damned.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Neither the police nor the armed services are a protected class under the US Constitution. Therefore, they can be discriminated against. You see these rights were put in place to protect those without power from those with power. Cops and GI's are not considered to be powerless classes.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

a reply to: ketsuko

Your rant makes no sense. "We don't exist"? Who is this "we"?
Inequality is the reason for "protected classes". If people would just treat everyone equally we wouldn't need "protected classes" in the first place.

I will never treat a deaf alien the same way I treat a sexy señorita with a spandex covered bubble-butt... never... and there's nothing you can do about it.

Protected classes be damned.

Kinky. But hey your fetish is protected.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

As far as I know...

Police Officers and Military are not a protected class (i.e. Sexuality, gender or race)...

But all I know is that when a crime happens in the vicinity of this Gym, I'd expect a delayed reaction from the Law.

What will happen when a gay, black, transsexual Cop comes in to get a membership is beyond me though...
That'd be interesting.

Pretty sad that we protect fruitcakes and sickos, but not the heroes that protect and defend us. I think we have our priorities screwed up in this country.

I was advocating for us to protect the rights all people, not just special interest.

Then maybe allow your tone to reflect that. I've never called a soldier anything as bad as a "fruitcake" or "sicko".

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

The bakery was in a state that had/has a state law against discriminating against LGBT.

They broke a state law.

If there is no such law, you can't break it.

Oh ... so some animals are more protected than others?

We are in the society of some animals being more equal than others then.

Glad you made that clear for us.

Yep. White people used to be more equal than black people. Men used to be more equal than women.

Thanks DA

I didn't think it deserved a response.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Annee

The bakery was in a state that had/has a state law against discriminating against LGBT.

They broke a state law.

If there is no such law, you can't break it.

I understand that but why do we need laws to tell us to behave like civilized beings. Unless, people don't know what good behaviour is anymore.

Did you miss the Civil Rights era?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

As far as I know...

That'd be interesting.

Then maybe allow your tone to reflect that. I've never called a soldier anything as bad as a "fruitcake" or "sicko".

Good for you.

I still don't think there should be people with special rights which is essentially what you are saying is okay. You can discriminate against some citizens, but not the special snowflakes with special laws protecting them.

It is just plain wrong and unAmerican to give special rights to groups without protecting everyone.
edit on 2017/8/10 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

So you don't think the Christians should be given "special rights"?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

As far as I know...

That'd be interesting.

Good for you.

I still don't think there should be people with special rights which is essentially what you are saying is okay. You can discriminate against some citizens, but not the special snowflakes with special laws protecting them.

It is just plain wrong and unAmerican to give special rights to groups without protecting everyone.

When did I agree it was okay to discriminate against the soldiers? I specifically said it was messed up on the first page.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Why would I think anyone should have special rights?

We should all be treated equally under the law.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

As far as I know...

That'd be interesting.

Good for you.

When did I agree it was okay to discriminate against the soldiers? I specifically said it was messed up on the first page.

Sounds like we both agree then.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Why would I think anyone should have special rights?

We should all be treated equally under the law.

Who is disagreeing that we should all be treated equallly? You keep talking about "special rights". People keep talking about that and never gave a straight answer as to what those are.
As I have stated if people would behave civilly we wouldn't have the need for protected classes in the first place.

<< 1  2   >>

join