It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima disaster: 'WW2 bomb' found at Japan nuclear site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, well, well, another surprise found at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant site:

A suspected unexploded bomb has been found at the site of the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan.

The US is thought to have dropped the 89cm-long (3ft) device during WW2.

I don't know about you, but it would seem to me that a thorough site inspection prior to ground breaking, or even during the construction process should have turned this up.

It makes one wonder what else might have been overlooked.

Here is a little something I don't think I ever ran across during the original mega thread's time:

The Fukushima area was previously home to a Japanese military base.

That being the case, it makes sense to me that there might be unexploded ordinance near the site, which to me means they should have been extra careful in performing site prep.

BBC

Other news articles on this:

Fukushima Nuclear Plant Workers Unearth Suspected World War II Unexploded Bomb

U nexploded World War 2 bomb found at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant

Unexploded second world war bomb found at Japan Fukushima nuclear plant

Unexploded 'WW2 bomb' found at Fukushima nuclear site

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Good thing the cult Aum Shinrikyo doesn't exist in Japan anymore because had they saw this, they will try to detonate this bomb.
edit on 8/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Good thing the cult Aum Shinrikyo doesn't exist in Japan anymore because had they saw this, they will try to detonate this bomb.

*googles Aum Shinrikyo*

Wow that power plant was never going to catch a break eh?

-Alee

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I know this has been a while since you posted this, but I am just now getting around to reading everything..

Do you remember Back in the original mega thread when I said I suspected some sort of weapons plant or something else going on there..based on the US Navy barges etc..? Perhaps it was just weapons storage ??

posted on Nov, 1 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: okiecowboy

I do remember that.

Those barges had some serious equipment being brought in under those tarps. I also recall a special unit being dispatched at around that same time that had to do with diplomatic recovery.

Wish we could get that thread back.

posted on Dec, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22542501]jadedANDcynical

The responsibility for this monumental error on the previously undiscovered WW2 US bomb goes to EBASCO, the GE subsidiary that engineered and built the Fukushima Daiichi site. GE subsequently disbanded and re-absorbed EBASCO into GE. Gah.

new topics

top topics

join