It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea - What Would You Do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In my opinion it’s difficult to even respond as I don’t have a mind-set of someone who’s spent their life in North Korea.

I know nothing of their culture other than what I read on MSM - which I don’t trust for an instant.

It’s like trying to mix apples and oranges putting a mind set on what ‘we’ would do when we're sick with our fast food fatness and overabundance of Western Culture trash - compairing that to a mindset from a culture that’s starving because... Why? A culture that must submit to their leaders being their 'god' or die.

Before I could answer 'what I would do' I’d need to know a lot more knowledge and insight than I have available at my fingertips at the moment.

Why? Because in this case as in many cases of any relationships - gut instinct doesn’t always count and that is all we’re previewing is a failing relationship between ‘them’ and ‘us’,

Just too much I don’t know.

Anything beyond an informed decision is nothing but speculation and chest pounding, or sticking your head in the sand with your arse in the air.

peace

edit on 1450Friday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They have crossed Trumps red line six times from what I can count so whethers its Russia,China,South Korea or Japan someone else has to take the lead as there is absolutely no respect for America by the regime.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum
Personally I think their lack of respect for America, as others have said, starts with Clinton and ran through Obama. If Clinton had done anything militarily in the mid-90's this little tinpot tyrant wouldn't be where he is, the Peninsula could well be united and the Armistice would be over.

What do I know.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

But the U.S. has decided that WE say who does and who doesn't get to have nukes. Who made us boss of the world? Why do we get that right? Why Pakistan and not NK? Not saying I agree but where is the basis for our authority on this? So Kim gets pissed at the U.S. saying who the F do you think you are? And so it starts.

North Korea decided that they don't get nukes, when they signed the agreed framework. The U.S. held up their end, but NK did not. They obviously don't need nukes, as the U.S. to anyone who has a brain, would realize has -no- interest in occupying NK. NK is just PO'd because the U.S. is still allied with SK, end of story. They can't be the big boys in the neighborhood as long as the U.S. is there.

NK lied repeatedly when starting their nuclear program back up, and have not cooperated with not just the U.S., but any country that has tried to work with them.

Consider that they can't even responsibly test their ballistic weapons - do you really trust them with a full arsenal of nuclear weapons?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

People should stop operating on fear.

Leave NK the hell alone and there won't be any problems.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Before any bombs are dropped I would suggest a total media blackout on North Korea.

Can't help but feel like Kim likes to see himself all over US news... makes him feel powerful.

If the US media, or better yet, the world media just straight up IGNORED HIM... I'm curious to see the results.

I mean would you rather have the alternative? Hysteria and hyperbole?

If he DID attack... make an example out of him without nukes. We've got lots of ordnance just sitting around.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Do like the US did with north vietnam lay mines in the entrance of all north Korea harbors then tell china and russia that NOTHING is allowed to cross the borders into north Korea but food.
en.wikipedia.org...

No oil, no no military equipment, no exotic metals needed to build missiles.

I know about how it worked because i was there for operation endsweep.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Well first, what is the basis for this whole 'thing'? NK decided it wanted to develop a nuclear capability so it would be seen as a big boy on the world stage. Kim clearly has narcissistic personality disorder --- there's a lot of that going around these days. So he wants to be seen as an important ruler --- make his dead daddy proud. There's a lot of that going around today, too.

RE: Narcissism

And all those folk on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and Myspace and many celebrities - CEO, politicians, actors, news readers, etc...

hahahahahahaha....did you know Jewish culture (in general) is very self-focused / SELFish...and they are behind many new ME-dia companies....and old media....

hahahahahahaha.....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
They have crossed Trumps red line six times from what I can count so whethers its Russia,China,South Korea or Japan someone else has to take the lead as there is absolutely no respect for America by the regime.

History just keeps repeating its self
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mizzijr

People should stop operating on fear.

Leave NK the hell alone and there won't be any problems.

All Kim Jong wants is to be a member of the small, elite, club of countries that have Nukes. He's thinking BIG.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Pay Dennis Rodman to shank little Kim.
We have Trump for President.
Who would have thunk?
Good luck to guy.
I say Dennis Rodman for Supreme Leader in NK.
How #ing cool would that be!?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Realpolitik

I'd keep moving military assets into the region, evacuate U.S. citizens from South Korea and Japan, blockade North Korea and continue diplomatic back channels with China and Russia to let them know to stand down. The second Chairman Kim responds with kinetic force or the threat of it like missiles landing near Guam I'd start conventional operations against the regime with the goal of regime change. If the North Koreans use ANY WMD they'd be wiped out by a SSBN with roughly 50 450 KT warheads.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join