It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea - What Would You Do?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

What do people think should actually be done?

I am a people. I don't think much of anything should be done. Heard again today on the news that Kimmie doesn't have a missile that can go into space and re-enter, his technology lacks sophisticated targeting guidance systems and they don't have the technology to create a war head that can withstand the heat generated on re-entry from space.

From what I've read, the Chinese can't abide a "unified" Korea, but have no designs on South Korea, a business and trading partner. What I would "do" is encourage China to initiate and facilitate "Regime Change" in North Korea all the while starving the country into submission. The other thing I would "do" is look to the UN for permission to set up a naval blockade around N. Korea to strangle imports/exports. If the Chinese can't "off" Kimmie, I'd suggest we find someone who can.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

North Korea is absolutely no military threat to the United States.

...I might sell NK some Cold War surplus missiles and warheads.

I really think this is one of the best answers I have heard so far. We want this to be a fair fight, correct?

Let's first sell NK some military hardware, good stuff -- made in the USA.

THEN we fight them!

We want the fight to be fair. And we like making money.

You might think that approach is a little outlandish but, heck -- we do the above ALL the time. We did that with Iran. We just did that with the Saudi's, for example.

www.cnbc.com...

Why are we treating NK so differently here?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Launch the minutemen, hold back the sub boomers for the real threats. Those silos of ours are old, expensive, outdated, fixed targets for Russia and China and in the future Iran. Maybe restock them one more time for Iran then mothball them.

If we wait for NK to set a new precedent of a rogue nation launching a nuke, we miss the opportunity to defend the status quo of having the US as the only nation to use nukes to avert the deaths of millions in open conflict. Iran will be launching on Israel, Pakistan at India, China at India, nukes going off will become the norm if we wait for NK to launch.

If NK launches one nuke, they will launch all and everything simultaneously, there is no such thing as a small attack by NK. If they say they will launch anything at say for example, Guam, what they are really saying is they are preparing to launch at every target in their arsenal's range, especially SK. They get one chance to see things go boom before they cease to exist as a nation, and they only get that chance if we let them launch first.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think our leaders should make unplanned, un-vetted, inflammatory remarks to escalate the tensions while not actually being prepared for a real fight in that theater... tweet about it... and then see what NK does....

wait... uh...

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
President Trump last hour: Something "amazing..the likes of which have never been seen before" will happen in North Korea, if they launch missiles towards Guam.

I think some of the billions spent on top-secret projects will be brought into play. I'm looking forward to finding out what it is.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Rescind executive orders 11905 and 12333.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The US, NOKO, or UN, Russia or China should call a summit by all concerned parties.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
What would I do...

There is no reason, at this time, to even contemplate military action. He's lobbed a few missiles into the sea of Japan. And? Nothing has come of it. When they land in Japan, or South Korea, then I can realistically consider military action of some sort.

He has nukes? So do several nations. He hasn't used them, other than in a rhetorical fashion. When he actually nukes someone, then a response shall be forthcoming. His actions, not his words, will form the basis of a response.

The current strategy has worked for the best part of 3/4's of a century...there's no reason to up an ante that may get called as a bluff. Then what?

Watch, and be prepared to stomp him as flat as a parking lot.

Encourage the people in the North to overthrow him, and his clique of sycophants. At the same time, encourage rapprochement with the South. That is the only way the situation will be permanently resolved.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Fifty years from now people will look back and say, were people really that dumb to not see this outcome, about NK getting nuked.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Pay Dennis Rodman to shank little Kim.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'd tell China that they can have North Korea if they want it and let them invade. I'd tell China that we would even help with air support.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

North Korea - What Would You Do?

They're already in the Stone Age. I'd take away their wheel.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Considering North Korea borders China and is not that large i really don't see America unleashing anything to destructive unless they wish to awaken another dragon.

Chances are any response America chooses to unleash if provoked will be rather localised and possibly of a conventional nature, so don't be expecting any charged particle beam strikes or rods from the Gods no matter the crap that comes out Trumps mouth.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A few options

Get Japan to defend itself the next time they have a missile headed towards them. We then come in and honor our defense treaty.

EMP them now, turn off their lights and then keep them off with a regular EMP detonations..wouldn't even need a big bomb. I doubt they are EMP harden. Of course we might have to fight off horse drawn tanks.
Send them back to the 1800's in tech. We then help South Korea repair the damage but we leave North Korea in the past.

Shoot down every missile which leaves their air space. We put the old 747 Laser jet back into service and have ready every missile interceptor and develop a screen they cannot get through. But I think we would have to form a barricade to prevent their subs from leaving with missile and or ships.

Nuk China and Russia first, turn them to glass, and let Kim wet his pants as he looses his allies. Then demand he turn over all Nuclear weapons.

Do nothing and wait for North Korea, Iran, China, Russia and India's plan come to fruition as our freedoms become like theirs and the American dream becomes a byword and a forgotten past. North Korea is a trap, cleverly set to suck us in, a check mate maneuver. . No matter what we do we loose, so we might as well take out all the players at once and then see whats left of our planet after it is all over.

Wheres our space fleet when you need them? Or perhaps we don't have a space fleet. Hey, take me to Mars, or someplace better. Just kidding.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would shoot the media retards who continue to spread idiotic lies about an impending war in Korea as they used to do with the the Cuban Missile "Media" crisis during the 60s. There's no chance for war with North Korea, everybody knows that the media want a war that they won't get and NATO needs a stupid story on the new to cover up the ECBs ongoing operations together with the trilateral commission to keep inflating the bitcoin bubble.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The USA is hardly as bravdo as they are made out to be.

We use spies, drones and cyber warfare more than bullets.

We are attacking them already, just not it ways able to be seen directly.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

Because no one else is doing any of that.

Oh, wait....

"The Chinese have a sophisticated network of tens of thousands human spies and computer hackers targeting American military and technological secrets," she said. "What they can’t acquire legally through trade, or creatively through mergers and acquisitions, they are prepared to steal. And it’s getting harder all the time to stop them."

freebeacon.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The main question is how stable is NK? judging by the tight way its run it is very flawed. Probably five percent of the population are actually having a reasonable life, but the majority have to have the threat of dire punishments if they get out of line. If anything changes it would be a threat to the regime, starving people don't usually follow orders. So do nothing unless they actually attack anybody.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
poison >>mosquito drone

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If we wanted him we would have him......
Keeping people self hating, divided and respecting are the ideal conditions required for maintaining dominance.
Social engineering......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join