It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1984 Is Here; Google is Becoming The Thought Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

Though I am not a technical person, what you mention in your post is one reason I do not use Google Chrome. Our perceptions are manipulated in so many ways.

Perhaps that manipulation is as toxic to the mind as the PCBs by Monsanto are toxic to the planet?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Everything of esoteric importance should be copied and pasted and saved on our computers.
One day there will be a giant secret library of millions of pages from the internet of the old.
The new internet will contain nothing of importance.
Must preserve the knowledge now so the future generations can also learn the various truths that shape our corrupt world.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: HorizonFall

Here's my problem with those who complain about Google and Facebook and Twitter and all of these companies (not government entities) suppressing freedom of speech or controlling the content that we are "allowed" to see: Private companies have every right to control how their products are used.

Yes, the three that I mention have become household names, almost to the point of being as necessary as electricity to some people, but it must be remembered that they are private companies whose products or services you are choosing to use--if you don't like Facebook, don't use Facebook. If you hate Twitter's censorship, don't use Twitter. If you don't like Google's process of providing search results, use a different search engine--there are tons of them out there.

Of course this type of control exerted by some companies is concerning and frustrating, but at the same time, usage of their products/services is absolutely a choice and not a necessity--it's not as if these are government-mandated services that must be used in the face of a threat of fine or imprisonment. I'm pretty sure that this is not the same as what Orwell had in mind.

As for people not being aware of the social engineering, as pointed out by Metallicus, I will remind everyone that the Latin phrase, "Caveat emptor," exists for a reason--the onus of knowing what you're using/buying is on the individual, not the service provider. Ignorance is not a valid defense.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I Googled. . . "what is the best unbiased search engine"

My results. . .

Say goodbye to Google: 14 alternative search engines

searchenginewatch.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Google is Becoming The Thought Police

That depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' , is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join