It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raided Manaforts House

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This comes from the illustrious Washington Post.

FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Federal agents appeared at Paul Manafort’s home without advance warning in the predawn hours of July 26, the day after he met voluntarily with the staff for the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The search warrant was wide-ranging and FBI agents working with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III departed the home with various records. Jason Maloni, a spokesman for Manafort, confirmed that agents executed a warrant at one of the political consultant’s homes and that Manafort cooperated with the search.

An interesting development in this never ending saga.

WaPo
NY Post
The Hill

This part makes no sense to me though

The documents included materials Manafort had already provided to Congress, said people familiar with the search.

It could also have been intended to send a message to President Trump’s former campaign chairman that he should not expect gentle treatment or legal courtesies from Mueller’s team.

So now the FBI does raids to "send a message"?

edit on 9-8-2017 by FauxMulder because: Coveffe

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They want to find something .. anything, that will hurt this administration or get Trump out of the Whitehouse.
edit on 9-8-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Did he smash his technology devices with a sledge hammer before the FBI arrived? Worked for Hillary!

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

It's a witch hunt and they are out for blood.
Special counselor has been told to find anything he can, even if not related to Russia.

Trump has them scared to death. Watch the snakes eat themselves alive.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Manafort and Flynn are starting to emerge as the two key targets. Flynn will likely get hit for failing to register as a foreign agent (due to his work for Turkey, not Russia), and Manafort for his Ukrainian interests. None of this directly involves Trump, unless there is evidence which somehow hasn't leaked. (Which I doubt.)

ETA: It could well be that Mueller knows Trump didn't break any laws, so he's focusing on Flynn & Manafort because he needs to have something to show for his efforts. So he picks the low-hanging fruit and declares victory.
edit on 9-8-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The documents included materials Manafort had already provided to Congress, said people familiar with the search.

Perhaps they suspect the documents he provided had been altered, and they wanted "originals?"

Plus, why would they just "leave" documents or materials there? They will take everything.
edit on 9-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
This comes from the illustrious Washington Post.

FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home

They're only about a year too late!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I bet Manafort used a Trump Enterprise Visa card to buy a massage in... GASP... RUSSIA! Mueller will next raid the brothel.
edit on 8/9/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If all of this are related to dealings with the Russian during and before the election shouldn't the FBI be raiding Podesta's home too, just to be thorough and fair?

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Did he smash his technology devices with a sledge hammer before the FBI arrived? Worked for Hillary!

If you knew anything about Manafort, you wouldn't think comparing him to Hillary was a particularly great deflection.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Trump has them scared to death.

Quite the contrary.

Special counselor has been told to find anything he can, even if not related to Russia.

I'd wager there is a wealth of shadiness and illegality surrounding Trump Enterprises.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
If all of this are related to dealings with the Russian during and before the election shouldn't the FBI be raiding Podesta's home too, just to be thorough and fair?

Right! And raid CNN too. Collusion to hurt the USA goes back to the Iraq war.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

For the same reason they didn't announce their predawn raid? They wanted to get anything he didn't voluntarily produce.

So now the FBI does raids to "sens a message"?

That's speculation by the author. They would have had to convince a judge of probable cause in order to get a search warrant.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

For the same reason they didn't announce their predawn raid? They wanted to get anything he didn't voluntarily produce.

Yea but like you said in the other thread, he wouldn't be stupid enough to leave this crap laying around his house. If he has been cooperating what reason did they have? We most likely aren't getting the full story here.

edit on 9-8-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

lol nope..

The FBI does raids when there is serious evidence your guilty..

The FBI isn't your local PD preforming no knock raids on the word of a crackhead..

Muller has actually found the proof that trump made a deal with the Russians..

I don't know how people are surprised when Jr. Realesed that Email saying they did exactly that..

Trump really is going to get busted...

Who knows.. maybe no one is above the law after all..

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Perhaps that WAS the message - this isn't the Clinton "matter"

1 - no outside agencies will be providing evidence the IC will gather it themselves this time
2- no 10-15 (friends and family plan) circle of immunity deal for everyone involved
3 -no destruction of evidence will be swept under the rug as anything other than a crime
4 - no multiple service providers providing data destruction (after subpoena) will be allowed (other than criminal conduct)

It's a whole new world since November 2016. Refreshing isn't it

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If it is a witch hunt please explain this email saying precisely that trump went to meet with Russian agents to make a deal...

"Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.
The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.
This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin.
What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?
I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first."

Say you don't care he made a deal... that's fine.. somehow appearently it isn't illegal..

Though if me or you did it both parties make a bipartisan example of us..

But pretending it didn't happen is just being dishonest.
edit on 9-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
He's screwed.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Do you have any proof of that??

Or are you just parroting another right wing conspiracy site???

I've never seen an email from CNN saying they were helping the Russians swing an election...

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Oh yea..

They already formed a grand jury and now they are raiding the houses of the people involved..

Looks like he is getting busted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join