It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yet- this is what some folks want. Crazy for crazy....

Anarchists have nothing on Trumpers. They want all out chaos.
edit on 8-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Jonjonj

"North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

It seems to me like Trump is just using the exact same type of rhetoric Kim uses when making his "statements".

I get it, every other type of warning has been issued and basically no results. Might as well just try to out-crazy crazy at this point.

Trying to out-crazy a crazy just leads to two crazies culminating in combined crazy reaching critical mass.

I guess, what other options are there though? Maybe Kim will get the message if it is delivered in a language he understands?

Look the whole thing is a mess, who knows what is going on, but diplomacy has failed at every turn so...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Denoli

But, whatever...threats are threats are threats are threats. Once we start a massive deployment, then my ears will perk up.

We've started a massive deployment. Think all those assets we're moving over there are just for drills?

One or two more carriers and we're ready, South Korea has the 5 million men for the ground force.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I want to ask a simple question with today's surveillance technology should'nt we know when Lil Kim Farts little lone setting up a Nuke to launch?

We should have eyes on every inch of NK 24/7. Kim shouldn't be able to get anything off the ground unless it's "allowed" I would be more worried where Kims 1 and a half Subs are.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

this is what happens with you give a man with no diplomatic, military or statesmen experience the nuclear football...

That's exactly what NK did but I don't hear you bitching about lil' Kim.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump supporters need to do something about this maniac!!!! I would leave Seattle.

What is almost more worrying is that they will all be about soon enough to spout crap like "about time we had a strong president willing to take action".

A war on the Korean peninsular would be catastrophic globally, the implications of such a war we probably be as sever as the Iraq war if not worse.

We can have peace and we can have it right now, it's guaranteed, we can surrender.

That's what Reagan said.

America has tried sanctions and diplomacy for decades, any more stalling while expecting failed tactics to suddenly work will just give NK more time to improve their systems.

The war would be costly, but it might save 10's of millions of lives if we have it now compared to next decade.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
North Korea should have been handled before they had nukes.
That's not trumps fault.

Trump should pressure China into acting against North Korea. Control your nut of a neighbor.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91

I want to ask a simple question with today's surveillance technology should'nt we know when Lil Kim Farts little lone setting up a Nuke to launch?

We should have eyes on every inch of NK 24/7. Kim shouldn't be able to get anything off the ground unless it's "allowed" I would be more worried where Kims 1 and a half Subs are.

We should. Zaphod's the best person to ask about strategic preventative stuff, though. IMO, if we can manage to determine where ground-based launch sites are, we can keep certain systems trained on them to take care of launches before they get far.

The subs are another story, but as far as I know, they're not that spiffy, and we can track them easily enough.

Frankly, I think the odds of something making it to even so far as Guam or Hawaii without being shot down are slim to none. I'd be more curious as to who they have in their back pocket as an ace-up-the-sleeve ally to surprise us with when we're not looking. Every country has it's price, and it's not always money.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

this is what happens with you give a man with no diplomatic, military or statesmen experience the nuclear football...

That's exactly what NK did but I don't hear you bitching about lil' Kim.

WE didnt elect the leader of NK. Are you really serious using that argument?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Just substitute Bagdad with Pyongyang....
edit on 8-8-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

What about Afghanistan? Where are we going to find enough troops to continue a 16 yr war and start another one.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Probable U.S. nuclear attack states:

#1 California
#2 Washington
#3 Oregon

My bet is California is toast. Too easy a target.

While New York would be Kim's prized bull's eye; it is too far away. As is Chicago(or any Great Lake state) and Miami. Kim would target Great Lakes for obvious infrastructural reasons, however population density plus being America's "technology capital" makes California(LA) a perfect specimen within nuclear ICBM reach.

Oh well. Must suck to live in California now.

I wonder if any of our top scientists and professors are being herded up for safe keeping yet?

Which brings me to one ATS poster's thread "Initiate z73892639 at 202758. Majestic pandora" and any validity with it?

Initiate z73892639 at 202758. Majestic pandora
edit on 8-8-2017 by AlephOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephOne

Maybe Lil Kim is just trying to help with all that voter fraud in Cali....

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If..... IF... My neighbor threatened my family..... Good night for the last time.

I do understand I may lose my dog and a loved one, but man the flames would reach the sky.
edit on 8-8-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Donald Trump threatens 'fury' against N Korea.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I've no worry at all about North Korea, but I do ponder on how China will respond, if it does at all? However, I think China has to respond, Russia too. I feel both China and Russia will stay out of the conflict as long as two conditions prevail: a) no troops on the ground, and b) the North Korean people do not suffer mass deaths and casualties?

The other thing to think about is how South Korea and Japan respond if attacked. Today is the 8th of the 8th 2017. 72 years ago to the day, America unleashed Little Boy over Hiroshima, and a few days later, Fat man levelled Nagasaki. Can you imagine the fury the Japanese would feel if they were nuked again, by another country? If Japan attacked North Korea, one would think China would respond to that. There's very little love between those two countries, and they are also in dispute with each other over territorial rights of South Sea Islands.

It is quite clear to all concerned that North Korea cannot be allowed to manufacture and retain nuclear weapons of any size, and so the issue is a world problem that has to be met head on, and dealt with, sooner rather than later. The diplomatic and sanctions routes have not deterred Kim Jong-un, he seems to care nought for the suffering of his people, which is the way dictators and tyrants are. Ordinary people are expendable to the objectives and agenda, no matter which country they are in.

Trump will follow through on his threat, he fully believes he would be in the right to do so, as he sees it as a means to get people on his side, and to demolish much of the negativity surrounding his presidency. Kim Jong-un will also follow through on his threats. He fully believes America is out to kill him, and he isn't wrong. The only reason why he is still in place is because of China, but even so, Kim Jong-un has crossed a Rubicon, so to speak, and patience is running out.

Adequate military pieces are in place, and they are simply awaiting on orders. Bombardment could begin out of angry exasperation or frustrated belligerence. A 'shock and awe' tactic to take out nuclear facilities. military high tech targets, and other assets, plus the targeting of high ranking officials and military personnel of Kim Jong-un's regime. Once the bombing stops, I should think the Chinese troops massed along the border with North Korea would move in and mop up any surviving assets of Kim Jong-un's regime.

China will re-stabilise the country and get it back on its feet and will impose a Chinese political model onto the country. That's the good version. The bad version...well, that doesn't bear thinking about.

edit on 8/8/17 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

+100

Your explanation is an exercise in futility to those who don't see the big picture.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lmfao, the spectacle of cowering leftist liberals is extremely amusing to watch.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Trump supporters need to do something about this maniac!!!! I would leave Seattle.

Sign, I live in downtown Seattle, literally right next to the Space needle.... I have a bugout bag ready for my dog and me, but if anything gets dropped here, I'm in the "literally f*cked zone"...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Very very doubtful that it would be a nuclear strike...although we do know that a certain someone has access to the launch codes...The fallout alone from even a small nuclear strike would threaten South Korea, Japan, and China at the very least. This isn't an option.

Most likely a set of precision strikes against known missile launch sites, nuclear facilities and other hardened assets.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlephOne

+100

Your explanation is an exercise in futility to those who don't see the big picture.

Does no one else on this site care for this rando new comers opinion. Guy signs up today and screams biggest military war hawk hypocrite ever on ATS. Thats saying something

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join