It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: N Korea will be met with 'fire and fury

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: cnoland
What does everyone think about Kim's latest statement?

"We consider the US no more than a lump..."

Pretty hysterical, that's what i think.

What is more ridiculous than a "lump"? A country that spends all of their collective aggregate time trying to attack a lump.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I seek a middle path. If we must have leaders, they should be held to far higher standards than they currently are. A good start would be a ban on soft political donations and reforms designed to close the revolving door between Wall Street banks and political appointments. In fact, as long as we're dreaming, I'd like to see a people's party formed by a coalition of moderates on all parties, whose goal is to reign in Congress, FIRST. No pay raises for 10 years and COL thereafter. Further, every detail re: their attendance and votes should be a matter of public record, as should their financial statements, going in and (especially) going out. No insider trading.

Finally -- we need to stop electing lawyers to Congress in such great numbers. By definition, a lawyer will adopt any position for money and are paid to massage facts to sway juries. A congress comprised of 97% lawyers is a nest of vipers. We need representation from educators, doctors, scientists, tradesmen, students, retirees, artists, and laborers.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: alphabetaone

I seek a middle path.

Always a good choice in my opinion. Pragmatism is a lost art, but now is not the time of us middle-grounders as I'm sure you can see in this thread alone (and almost any other) by our hyper-partisanship.

If we must have leaders, they should be held to far higher standards than they currently are. A good start would be a ban on soft political donations and reforms designed to close the revolving door between Wall Street banks and political appointments.

Yes, agreed. But to exclude them also puts others at risk. You can't ban one side without opening the door to other bans, then it becomes a nightmare of exclusion.

In fact, as long as we're dreaming, I'd like to see a people's party formed by a coalition of moderates on all parties, whose goal is to reign in Congress, FIRST.

ALL moderates lead to transgressions like Putin and Jong-Un. My time in the military has shown me that there is reason and a place for even the most intemperate or highly opinionated, placing them well is the key. Also, as a side note, the last thing we want or need is to "reign in Congress"...seeing as how all 3 branches of Government are co-equal branches (as much as Trump would like to think that anyone who ISNT the President works directly for him), you want to keep the power centers exactly that....centered.

No pay raises for 10 years and COL thereafter.

I disagree. What I think should happen is what they agree to let happen to every other American citizen...if the average citizen is on a fair and natural pay raise schedule, then let Sen's and Rep's have them as well...simply mirror the policies they advocate.

Further, every detail re: their attendance and votes should be a matter of public record, as should their financial statements, going in and (especially) going out. No insider trading.

Completely agree.

Finally -- we need to stop electing lawyers to Congress in such great numbers. By definition, a lawyer will adopt any position for money and are paid to massage facts to sway juries. A congress comprised of 97% lawyers is a nest of vipers. We need representation from educators, doctors, scientists, tradesmen, students, retirees, artists, and laborers.

Again I revert back to my comment about exclusion and banning....let's be honest, if those other careers had a desire to actually be there, nothing is really stopping them from trying...I think instead they just dont want to and honestly most are family men and women, how many TRULY want to uproot their mostly happy lives just to live on the road, live on the campaign trail and become a part of the system that will yield limited results. Short of another civil war / revolution major changes to the way things are done in Government are highly unlikely.

<< 20  21  22   >>

join