It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Sees Drastic Climate Change Impact in U.S. Completely Conteradicts what trump says.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Some will argue, because false #s were reported by some, or that this is all just hype. I disagree.

"Washington (AFP) - Average US temperatures have risen dramatically and fast, with recent decades the warmest of the past 1,500 years, according to a draft federal government report cited by The New York Times on Tuesday."

"Americans are feeling the effects of climate change right now," said the report by 13 federal agencies not yet released or approved by President Donald Trump's administration.

"The report "directly contradicts claims by President Trump and members of his cabinet who say that the human contribution to climate change is uncertain and that the ability to predict the effects is limited," the Times said."

Seeing as we are the 2nd largest green house gas producing country on the planet, I would think we would be at least taking precautions, that perhaps maybe there is something to this global warming thing.

Here is the link to the article also a link about Climate Scientist those for and against global warming.

www.yahoo.com...

www.vox.com...

I mean is it really that hard to grasp, that there are billions of us now polluting the earth, and that just maybe doing so is causing harm? Is it really that unreasonable to think that?

edit on 8-8-2017 by kurthall because: fix

edit on Tue Aug 8 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

In a word...YES.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

On the one hand, this is the coolest summer I've felt in years.

On the other hand, I just moved outside of the city... and every morning on my commute in, I notice about 2-3 miles outside of the city it suddenly gets warm- enough so that I need to put on the AC that I didn't need for the previous 20 miles.

Maybe it's just the lack of trees, and surplus of black rooftops, driveways, roads, and parking lots sucking up the sun.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yes, climit change is bogus. They need to find the dip S that leaked the report and bury him under the jail.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
What?

Another fake report?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

"The report "directly contradicts claims by President Trump and members of his cabinet who say that the human contribution to climate change is uncertain and that the ability to predict the effects is limited," the Times said."

I haven't heard Trump saying anything other than he doesn't believe in it, so I guess the rest there has come from someone departmental who needed to add a little to it for credibility of some sort.

However I do think there are uncertainties in the past records, and in some of the fossil estimates used to garner long-term past records, enough to overstate the case if needs be, and especially when there are agendas about the way things should be done, and indeed I think there was enough hue and cry over the past very few years about weather stations than many were scrapped, and new systems installed, as well as new locations, while NASA has been putting up new satellites to get more accurate readings seemingly operable night and day, all sorts of things going on.

To me that means, a new start altogether, and measure the weather far more accurately, properly and for good.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I mean is it really that hard to grasp, that there are billions of us now polluting the earth, and that just maybe doing so is causing harm? Is it really that unreasonable to think that?

No, at least to me, it is not unreasonable to think that.

- Average US temperatures have risen dramatically and fast, with recent decades the warmest of the past 1,500 years, according to a draft federal government report cited by The New York Times on Tuesday."

Here is the problem. The federal government. The government gives out grants for research into global warming. They have even changed the name to climate change, which is a natural occurrence. If the scientists disagree about it, that tells me that there is more to the issue. Maybe it is just to get funding, or maybe it is true, but one thing is the truth. Someone is getting very rich off of this, and from my own observations of the places I have been, the weather has not changed to the point that I can tell.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
1) It's a leaked report that is not official and there is no way to know who reviewed it or even what stage it is at in terms of publication.

2) It only covers about 1700 years - the blink of an eye in the Earths history and therefore is irrelevant. Some of the "conclusions" that say the warming over the 1700 years is "primarily" man made are obviously bogus for this reason. It's like saying a football team dominated the game, even though only the last few seconds were analysed.

3) There is no data to review.

In addition, the OP headline and some of the media reporting is bogus.
The EPA and Trump have both said they want more analysis AND that they will continue to look at ways of reducing carbon emissions and tackling warming, something the Paris accord failed to do.

edit on 8/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm not going to argue with this report but if they say Indiana is heating up, somebody is full of #.
July and so far August have been extremely mind.

Our winter on the other hand was also pretty mild even though it snowed 3 inches in early march.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

On the other hand, I just moved outside of the city... and every morning on my commute in, I notice about 2-3 miles outside of the city it suddenly gets warm- enough so that I need to put on the AC that I didn't need for the previous 20 miles.

Maybe it's just the lack of trees, and surplus of black rooftops, driveways, roads, and parking lots sucking up the sun.

It's the cities, paving, parking lots, AC all that in general that actually make cities warmer overall, and there are many temp gauges sited in such places...where they should not be!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Something is up. Can't post the link from my phone but I read that the largest Dead Zone on record happened in the Gulf of Mexico recently.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Some will argue, because false #s were reported by some, or that this is all just hype. I disagree.

"Washington (AFP) - Average US temperatures have risen dramatically and fast, with recent decades the warmest of the past 1,500 years, according to a draft federal government report cited by The New York Times on Tuesday."

"Americans are feeling the effects of climate change right now," said the report by 13 federal agencies not yet released or approved by President Donald Trump's administration.

Seeing as we are the 2nd largest green house gas producing country on the planet, I would think we would be at least taking precautions, that perhaps maybe there is something to this global warming thing.

Here is the link to the article also a link about Climate Scientist those for and against global warming.

www.yahoo.com...

www.vox.com...

Let's see 'warmest in 1500 years'. Right. We've had whole seas disappear before that in the mid-state region so if we go further back than 1500 years we will see higher temperatures. Yes?

Having seen remains of petrified forests in New Mexico, one can only conclude climate change is normal.

Sorry, it is far more than Trump saying this and your political positioning betrays your intent. Buy an air conditioner and invest in northern property.....

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I mean, I can just comment on what I know:

A, the years 150 and 1,500 are thrown around the most, due to historical data. Ice core analysis from Antarctica show that we are on the same warming and cooling pattern that we've had for the last 850,000 years.

B, Every prediction and chart that has been developed has been severely off, with prediction models being significantly higher and over-exaggerated compared to real world data.

C, It has went from Global warming, to Global cooling, to falling sea levels, to rising sea levels, to el nino, to la nina, to climate change. Every single climate shift or weather pattern is now described as a direct result of climate change, no matter what location, time of year, etc. At this point, we're even coming up with new theories on how weather changes to group everything under the sun into damn climate change, and finally

D, We have governments spending billions upon billions of dollars on their private jets, vehicle convoys, military spending budgets that include billions towards jets, tanks, IED proof vehicles, ships, all which pollute the hell out of the environment and pump trillions of tons of exhaust and carbon into the atmosphere, all while telling the people that WE NEED TO SPEND MORE TO GO GREEN AND CURB OUR GREEN HOUSE GAS EMISSIONS.

I don't really care what new reports come out anymore, there's a very good chance that they're bogus anyway, exaggerated numbers and models with some sort of political bias to them.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I haven't heard Trump saying anything other than he doesn't believe in it, so I guess the rest there has come from someone departmental who needed to add a little to it for credibility of some sort.

he has filled his cabinet with oil executives the only people on the planet paying people to say global warming is fake.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a single volcano dumps 1000 X more greenhouse gasses into the atmosphere
than every car since the beginning of time has

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
May I present evidence to the contrary.

Here is 1980 compared to 2012. Take a good look at 2012. It was the summer that many anti-global warming scientist said would be the last year of "warming" due to pending sun cycles.

Below is most recent arctic ice map. Seems there is more ice now than there was even in 1980, but trending in the reverse from 2012 for sure.

Also, there has been significant ice and snow in Greenland all summer. Even a record low set for July.

If you live in a temperate location there is no sense of saying this summer is hotter or colder than last summer or whatever precisely because you live in a temperate zone. Temperatures always fluctuate in these places drastically. And of course this is where alot of human beings live.

Anyway, I hope those maps from satellites help you understand that there is not at the moment a trend in the arctic toward warming. It is currently toward cooling.

Maps found here:
arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu...
edit on 8-8-2017 by Fools because: demon rats

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Anyway, I hope those maps from satellites help you understand that there is not at the moment a trend in the arctic toward warming. It is currently toward cooling.

That explains this summer....I live a couple of hours north of Edmonton, and The last couple of days, my heater has come on at night.
10 degrees Celsius at night(57F)...coolest summer I remember for the last 15 years...
August has always been known as the warmest month.
They should be calling it climate extremes, or change, but not warming....

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

www.yahoo.com...

www.vox.com...

So what thermometers were they using over the past 1500 years?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
My question is this...when are people finally going to wake up to the fact that this whole 'Climate Change' discussion has nearly nothing to do with the environment, and EVERYTHING to do with TAXES????

A simple look at the revenue streams of the major proponents of this Global SCAM should convince even the most uninformed they are being taken for the biggest "ride" in human history!!!

edit on 8/8/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think when those that are part of the conspiracy are writing the reports, the reports cannot be trusted.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join