It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes Trees Just Don't Give A Crap

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Wonderful post FM!

Hug a tree today.
If you have a question on your mind: ask the tree, while it is close in your embrace.

Bless the Grandfathers.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Night Star

I love that picture Night Star, it reminds me of a story near and dear to my heart.

One time I was walking with this little boy into the woods and he said, "Mr. Mason, it's really dark and I'm scared."

And I said, "You're scared, kid?!? What about me? I gotta walk out of here alone!"

But there is more to this story.

That kid did in fact make it out of the woods. Covered in mud, blood, and....other stuff. He now lurks these boards, trolling you to drive you mad. I won't say his name.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I watched a program once, maybe Sir David Attenborough, it was stated that the grasses are trees biggest foe, in that when the earth was raging with fires it was the grasses that enabled the burning of the majority of trees on the planet. Its nice for us all that these two old foes now sit next to each other in harmony.

Maybe there is hope for us all yet

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Gotta love the trees.
I can't imagine life on land without them.
Mankind wouldn't have gotten far without them.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Great thread, Thx!

Reminded me of a thread I made a couple years ago
Trees that witnessed the rise and fall of empires throughout history

and some recent pics I took

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

That's a great one! "if trees could talk" indeed

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Love this thread...Thank YOU!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I watched a program once, maybe Sir David Attenborough, it was stated that the grasses are trees biggest foe, in that when the earth was raging with fires it was the grasses that enabled the burning of the majority of trees on the planet. Its nice for us all that these two old foes now sit next to each other in harmony. Maybe there is hope for us all yet
I looked for a vid about the relationship of plants on the savana with fire and how some actually require it to continue to grow but ended up with this one

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There is a great creative relationship we can have with our trees

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Outstanding post.

First, it's awesome to see these trees doing what they do best.

Second it's a welcome distraction from all the political threads.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
We've done it folks. We've unseated the political threads from the top of the home page

I'd like to thank all of the beautiful trees out there, mother nature, and all of you.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Like the Ents from JRR Tolkien’s epic Lord of the Rings saga (only a bit slower), these trees actually move across the forest as the growth of new roots gradually relocates them, sometimes two or three centimetres per day. While some scientists debate whether these trees walk, Peter Vrsansky, a palaeobiologist from the Earth Science Institute of the Slovak Academy of Sciences Bratisla, claims to have seen this phenomenon first hand.

“As the soil erodes, the tree grows new, long roots that find new and more solid ground, sometimes up to 20m,” said Vrsansky. “Then, slowly, as the roots settle in the new soil and the tree bends patiently toward the new roots, the old roots slowly lift into the air. The whole process for the tree to relocate to a new place with better sunlight and more solid ground can take a couple of years.”

BBC.com. Travel - Trees that can walk up to 20m per year.

Add one more wonder that some trees do: walk!

I saw a clip somewhere that was time lapsed and the whole forest floor was like a slow escalator as trees navigated down hill then moved on.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

With tree runners (stolons) and suckers (basal shoots), I often ponder how much of a forest is actually one single tree. These are truly amazing living beings!

As I'm sure you already know, at the root of things so to say, it is all one single tree. The tree of life! With all it's fractal branching's, seemingly separate, yet the same as the whole. As above so below.

I love tree's too, always have. Thank's OP

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Sometimes Trees Just Don't Give A Crap

An example of Nature attempting to Deny Ignorance in it's own preserved awakening kind of way perhaps?

Nature is full of Wonders. Nice.

edit on 8-8-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Nature has ways to make life beautiful. Some trees cause harm but most make life happen. Nature is so powerful a willow trees roots wrecked the foundation of my family's house when I was younger.

Trees have power.

Great thread.
Pearl Jam "In My Tree"

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Trees have a ton of functions, many that contribute to the moderation of extremes. We should be hesitant to think that our destiny is to leave Earth or enter a simulation when science is revealing more and more about our oldest neighbors.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Hard to simulate or encapsulate holistic interconnectivity and interdependence. A relationship we're still trying to understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Ahh, FauxMulder posts this thread, and fresh air washes over me. Mmmm. ♥

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Night Star

I love that picture Night Star, it reminds me of a story near and dear to my heart.

One time I was walking with this little boy into the woods and he said, "Mr. Mason, it's really dark and I'm scared."

And I said, "You're scared, kid?!? What about me? I gotta walk out of here alone!"

Oh i get it; because you eventually realized the boy was a figment of your mushroom induced psychosis.

You trippy guy you. 😂

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
You can strike them down but they'll come back 4 times as strong

I saw a lot of trees growing this way in the forests of North California. You forgot to add cars and trucs can even drive through them, and they still would not care!

Its been ten years since I was there, I wonder how that tree is doing?? Theres one at the front of my house between mine and the neighbors driveway that I am shocked is still alive. About four-five feet from the ground it has a gaping dead hole that is about 3 feet high and only like 4-6 inches in girth of the truck. It is constantly bombing me with dead limbs too!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

The only thing i disagree with is your claim that "trees remove pollution". CO2 is not pollution, all life on Earth is carbon based because of the existence of CO2. Without CO2 there would be no life on Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join