It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes Trees Just Don't Give A Crap

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+150 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The old saying goes "life will find a way". Trees love to prove this saying correct. A resilient bunch, they are the oldest living organism on earth. Trees do not die of old age. They remove pollution from the air. They can flood their leaves with chemicals called phenolics when insects try to eat them. They can help you find your way when lost in the woods. They even cool down the air, not only by providing shade but by releasing water vapor into the air.

And sometimes they just don't give a crap what happens to them, they keep on keeping on.

I get knocked down, but I get up again.

What came first the tree or the silo?

The only tree to survive after a tsunami hit this area of Japan

See, life finds a way

You can strike them down but they'll come back 4 times as strong

They are stronger than rocks

They can do splits

Driftwood tree

Land has fallen away? No problem!

Maybe one day this little guy...

Will be like this

Really a fence!? Pffffft Nom Nom Nom!

More Crazy Trees
Some random tree facts for your brain cells

And the oldest:

The world’s oldest known living tree sprouted sometime during the last Ice Age, roughly 9,550 years ago. This 16-foot spruce in the Dalarna province of Sweden may look more like a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, but don’t be fooled: this little guy’s root system got started back when the British Isles were still connected to Europe by an ice bridge.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I love your creative posts! Thank you for bringing great quality to the boards!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yay nature!

I love threads like this. Definitely a welcome respite from all the political BS.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Thanks Zos! I'm glad you enjoyed it

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I have such a tree in my garden
I call it my Fukushima tree.There's quite a fascinating backstory,well fascinating to me and one of my best friends.The night before the Fukushima catastrophe,there was a big storm in this area,over the town 8 clix away,and out here in the Bush.This Syringa tree in my garden blew over and now grows horizontally,and Thrives
My best friend's husband is clairvoyant,and she told me sometime after,that he told her a large Ufo went over the town,he could feel it and "tracked" it till it went into the ocean off Mozambique,the neighbouring country close by.

Now whether That part is true,i cannot say.But i do recall a lot of storm damage in the town,and rumours of tall trees being severed cleanly at their tops,like a straight cut.Lots of people called it a "strange" storm at the time for reasons they couldn't quantify.

Awesome thread and pics,s+f

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I love threads like this. Definitely a welcome respite from all the political BS.

I just hope everyone that comes here gets this stuck in their heads

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
But i do recall a lot of storm damage in the town,and rumours of tall trees being severed cleanly at their tops,like a straight cut.Lots of people called it a "strange" storm at the time for reasons they couldn't quantify.

Sounds like the tornado we just had. This pic is from my backyard. 3 trees cut off at the tops

But I like the UFO angle much better

Awesome thread and pics,s+f

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

You're welcome,thanks for bringing this thread,its heartwarming

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There's just something tragic about the story of the Tree of Ténéré.

Located in northern Niger, this single acacia tree was the only tree for hundreds of miles. It was a landmark dating back to caravan days, and it was even shown on maps.

And then, in 1973 a drunk Libyan truck driver ran over it and killed it.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Awesome thread

I'm no tree, but my sig is very relatable

Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Great thread . I want to submit my fav pet tree to this thread .The Arbutus from the west coast . I remember the first time I seen this tree with its bark hanging off it . I thought it must of had a disease

edit on 8-8-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I wish the big old acacia in front of my house would one day piss all over our dogs to get its own back and eventually kick our cat up the arse for clawing the hell out of it!

#leaveourtreesaloneyoumankymuttandstinkykillerkitten

Warmest

Lags

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Well, you were successful!
(song is securely stuck in my head-Chumbawamba)

Loved the pictures and your descriptions.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
S&F for you!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

HA! It's almost impossible to get rid of that one.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Nice
I couldn't pick which was my favorite out of the 15 but #1, the last one of it's kind is pretty damn cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing! Wonderful thread!!!!!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

With tree runners (stolons) and suckers (basal shoots), I often ponder how much of a forest is actually one single tree. These are truly amazing living beings!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
One of the better threads in a sea of bickering posts. Something we can all agree upon!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I love that picture Night Star, it reminds me of a story near and dear to my heart.

One time I was walking with this little boy into the woods and he said, "Mr. Mason, it's really dark and I'm scared."

And I said, "You're scared, kid?!? What about me? I gotta walk out of here alone!"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join