It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Atheist turned Born Again Christian

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Welcome....I agree with your " Go Trump Baby " quote, and some of what you said. but, not all of what you said. I guess that's what makes the world go around ! .....I am curious though, what made you switch from atheist to born again Christian ? Can you tell me some specifics?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

LOLOL I don't know how old anything is, the Bible doesn't reveal that information. I do know God created the Heavens and the Earth in six days.

You might ask, so how do you know the Earth isn't Billions of years old? I am glad you asked.

Billions of years was only proposed when the Theory of Evolution failed at the Millions of years mark... it needed more time to be plausible (which by the way it has never become). Evolution teaches that death and dying was occurring on a grand scale for millions of years before Man arrived on the scene. The Bible clearly teaches that death entered the world when SIN entered the world. Why did Jesus Christ die on that cross? To accept the punishment for all mankind's SIN. If sin is a non-factor, then the blood of Christ is rendered powerless and Jesus died for nothing.

Moreover, if you throw one part of scripture away in disbelief NONE of it can stay behind. I KNOW Jesus is real and true because he revealed himself to me 11 years ago, in a supernatural way my Atheistic mind could not deny... which was a VERY tall order let me tell you.

P.S.
Anytime you walk from utter darkness into light or utter deceit into truth, a major change has occurred.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: StandingTallForChrist

So other than your own personal supernatural experience, do you have anything else you can point to or show evidence of for why the Christian God is the real truth???

I'm not too interested in hearing your opinion of why Evolution is wrong since that doesn't prove Christianity correct. But I would like to know what you have as far as proof of Christianity being Correct.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: StandingTallForChrist

Moreover, if you throw one part of scripture away in disbelief NONE of it can stay behind.

Can you elaborate on that belief? I'm attempting to figure out what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
e..
edit on 7-8-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Religion IS the darkness. Let us lead you to the light, friend.

And evolution is only one of so many topics and facts which tell us how old the Earth and the universe are really. Which is the point of science - anything contradicting existing ideas has to be better by providing better answers.

Anyway, I digress. Welcome to the battlefield of trolls.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Uh Oh...

Let's hope that STFC doesn't fall into the trap you just set. This thread will end up in the Religion forum.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Moreover, if you throw one part of scripture away in disbelief NONE of it can stay behind.

Can you elaborate on that belief? I'm attempting to figure out what you're saying.

That is easy:
IF the bible is gods word.
HOW can any part of it be wrong?

It isn't a buffet, as some saying goes. It isn't even free, too.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I KNOW Jesus is real and true because he revealed himself to me 11 years ago, in a supernatural way my Atheistic mind could not deny... which was a VERY tall order let me tell you.

Did he also tell you that the Bible is a complete, true and literal book, not written by men, but by God "himself"?

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
e..
edit on 7-8-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

My life is testimony and proof that Christ is alive. However you don't know my life story as of yet. The clearest evidence I can present to you outside of my salvation experience, are two instances within the past three months that I encountered demon-possessed people. One man and One woman. When confronted by the name of Jesus Christ the woman fled. The man was instantly delivered from the indwelling demons. I have written about these cases and one day you can read them... but suffice to say, even the demons tremble at the name of Jesus Christ.

Here is something else to consider. It is the year 2017 all around the world... in every country. Why? What happened 2017 years ago that split time in two? The birth of Christ a poor carpenter from a predominantly illiterate and tiny portion of the middle east, that grew up claiming to be God. Because of this ONE MAN (the single most influential figure in all of human history) we all march to the same calendar, atheists even have to agree on the date. That must make them itch LOLOL Too bad they can't sue someone over it.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Did he also tell you that the Bible is a complete, true and literal book, not written by men, but by God "himself"?

Oh yes he has made that abundantly clear. The Bible is true from beginning to end.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I'm a former born again Christian turned Atheist. I reached a certain age and realized it was all fairy tale, sold to me by people who weren't smart enough to know better and who needed a magic man in the sky to fill the dark places inside of them.

Welcome.
edit on 7-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What trap is that??

I just asked a question.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

And evolution is only one of so many topics and facts which tell us how old the Earth and the universe are really. Which is the point of science - anything contradicting existing ideas has to be better by providing better answers.

You really shouldn't put Evolution and Facts together in the same sentence.
They oppose each other on every level.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
I'm a former born again Christian turned Atheist.

Welcome.

If that is true, rest assured Christ will never walk away from you, no matter how far you wander from him.
But in the end he will bring you back... it may take a nudge or a sledge hammer to the forehead... but that's up to you

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Can someone explain the flag system por favor????

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
I'm a former born again Christian turned Atheist.

Welcome.

If that is true, rest assured Christ will never walk away from you, no matter how far you wander from him.
But in the end he will bring you back... it may take a nudge or a sledge hammer to the forehead... but that's up to you

I'd pray for you to see the error of your ways, but that wouldn't work, since there's no one listening. Except maybe the CIA. I really don't think the CIA is going to convince you of the truth, although rumor has it they might pull out a fingernail or two while they're trying.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

You really shouldn't put Evolution and Facts together in the same sentence.
They oppose each other on every level.

Wow. You do need prayer.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

That's a whole lotta prayer talk for an atheist.... you might lose your membership card if you keep that up. They are very sensitive...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join