It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from God ....Paul Harvy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My Dear Children .. believe me, that is all of you. I consider myself a pretty patient guy. I mean, look at the Grand Canyon. It took millions of years to get it right. And about evolution - boy, nothing is slower than designing that whole Darwinian thing to take place - cell by cell - and gene by gene.

And I have been patient through your fashions - your civilizations - wars and schemes - and the countless ways that you take me for granted until you get yourselves into big trouble again and again.

But on the recent Christmas occasion of my son's birthday - I want to let you know about some of the things that started ticking me off! First of all, your religious rivalries are driving me up a wall. Enough already! Let's get one thing straight: these are your religions - not mine!

When you put it that way...... who can argue ? Enjoy. This promises to be a busy couple months coming up, August and September 2017...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-8-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
God is an Atheist.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Who is Paul Harvy?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

BUT - but - but the world is only 6000 years old.....

(...interestingly the same amount of time that the patriarchy has been around...)

Makes one wonder....

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Awww, be honest... men wrote that, not God.
edit on 5-8-2017 by intrptr because: changed

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I can hope it's a busy couple of months.
Maybe this year God will move.
And if He doesn't, there is always next year.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I can hope it's a busy couple of months.
Maybe this year God will move.
And if He doesn't, there is always next year.

The Jews say "Next year in Jerusalem".

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

He was a radio commentator. He use to give little 10-15 minute quips about what was going on in the world back in the 1980s and early 90s. Paul Harvey
edit on 5-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I loved Paul Harvey, always a thoughtful message about life often using true stories of well know people and there struggles. RIP God bless his soul

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
"And now , for the rest of the story...." Could tie any news story into a tale.
Paul Harvey RIP

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
God is an Atheist.

Well i was in the middle of writing a reply, something about irony and God enjoying funny little things like that, and my screen abruptly went to my home page and deleted my reply.

Lol...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Yet you wrote something else anyway. Tempt fate much? LOL

I always did like Paul Harvey. I learned quite a bit from him. But not that one.

"When you put it that way, who can argue?"

Ever wonder what the world would be like if there were no concept of God or Satan?

I have. It was a very peaceful scenario.

edit on 6-8-2017 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Mine looked more like law of the jungle because we had nothing inside us convicting us to act better than our base natures. So African savannah time! I'm reminded of all the greatest hits from nature docs.

Hardly peaceful.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
God is an Atheist.

This is a great statement! Who does God pray to? What is God's religion? Does God believe He is his own first cause? If so, then would logical inconsistency in God's self-awareness imply God is insane. It makes sense to me.

An omnipotent God probably has his own fulfillment with regards to own spiritual needs by definition. But who cares since God is just a word in our vocabulary.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

Mine looked more like law of the jungle because we had nothing inside us convicting us to act better than our base natures. So African savannah time! I'm reminded of all the greatest hits from nature docs.

Hardly peaceful.

Except the will to survive. The law of the jungle, and all that. That is to be expected. Everything that goes on in the name of religion has nothing to do with survival, just control over others of our own species and control over other species because "God" has deemed us better than all else.

Are there other species out there that want to control others? Besides us?

That's what I was getting at.

top topics

join