It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds
www.foxnews.com...

In bolstering his case for the job, Jack explained in his letter, "I have also seen the show Marvel Agents of Shield and hope to see the movie Men in Black. I am great at video games. I am young, so I can learn to think like an Alien."

"We are always looking for bright future scientists and engineers to help us, so I hope you will study hard and do well in school. We hope to see you here at NASA one of these days!" Green's letter says.

I think this is great of NASA to respond. I am sure it will motivate the 9 yr old to study hard to become an alien fighter lol

This made my day...

edit on 5-8-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: added picture

edit on 5-8-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: added picture

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I think it is great of NASA to foster the spark of imagination in this young lad.

However, I also think it is a shame that the focus of the young man is on fighting aliens, rather than promoting first contact initiatives, and discovery as a higher priority.

But hopefully as he learns more about the universe, about the human race and his moral and ethical thinking comes into balance, he will discover these things for himself and learn to wonder, more than fear, at what may be out there.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

...rather than promoting first contact initiatives, and discovery as a higher priority...

I am thinking NASA already know aliens exist...but we'll need a leader in taking them out if they turn on us

+43 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, at least he didn't say he wanted to grow up and become a jobless full-time Social Justice Warrior while living in his mom's basement.

Go Jack!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

He'a a child, of course he'll focus on shooting aliens. A shame you had to even to touch on that, what child isn't being an alien and monster hunter at this age?

As he grows, he'll understand those concepts as his mind comes to fruition, usually an after thought and not generall brought up unless you're looking to nit pick.

He has every right to fear what is out there, equally awed by its beauty. Nature has shown us, through history and experience, that this is a dog eat dog world, its application extends to space.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I think its normal for a kid around that age to want to be an alien hunter, or someother off the wall thing. I know i did.

But nasa responding is great. I hope that this gives jack the intrest in science to push himself to greatness. Who knows, maybe one day jack will help create an open dialog with aliens. Or maybe he will get his wish and in defence of earth become a great alien killer.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You got that right, and the germs they talk about , isn't the global population germs I suspect?

Because there are some germs we rather get rid off. .
edit on 0b15America/ChicagoSat, 05 Aug 2017 11:14:15 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSat, 05 Aug 2017 11:14:15 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Great job by NASA to respond to this kid.

In all honesty though, they should consider hiring him. I suspect some of his rationale for his suitability is a step ahead of most scientists.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

I believed in Ghostbusters as a kid
And that is exactly what I did with my SuperSoaker 300 backpack sprayer on a 50 CC motorbike heheh

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Well, at least he didn't say he wanted to grow up and become a jobless full-time Social Justice Warrior while living in his mom's basement.

Go Jack!

Some people believe kids should be born fully grown, wearing a suit and if possible sporting a monocle and smoking a pipe.

Others actually have kids and think they are great as they are.

On topic: Good job kiddo and nice one NASA. The encouragement might bear fruit, who knows?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
NASA is discriminating against young kids!?!!?

Jokes aside. Well played NASA. Good PR work which goes viral. And good motivation for the boy.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I believe Jack has a bright future. NASA responding to him makes this story even better. Hope his parents framed that letter!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

He gets my vote , judging from his letter he's fully qualified.

Go Jack.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That's pretty damn heart warming.

Good on NASA and Dr Green!

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This is awesome. Good on NASA

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: svetlana84

I dont know..sound nice at first, but I cant help remember how Lee H. Oswald wanted to be a double agent spy when he was a youngster and how he ended up. Stay safe kid.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That was awesome. The imagination of kids is the paint for their future masterpiece.

Awesome find Sky.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
NASA writing the kid back is nice. It's one of those things that'll probably stick with the kid. You never know how it could positively influence the kid. Very, very cool that it's a real letter, not a form letter.

Lots of government agencies do stuff like that, Hell, I invited the Ron Nancy Reagan to our wedding just before he left office, and we still have the reply that the White House sent back, saying they were sorry they wouldn't be able to attend, but wished us the best, etc. It meant something to us, small as it was, and we still have it.

There is not a lot of genuine "Class" left nowadays, and little things can have an impact on people, and I'm sure this kid will always remember it.

It's just a classy thing to do, and real class is rare nowadays.
edit on 5-8-2017 by MteWamp because: Brain fart

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ahh Nasa, seems his inspiration came from Hollywood movies, and the janotor job won't be nearly as cool as portayed

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This is how you MAGA

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join