It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallbladder issues

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
a reply to: opethPA

Sorry to hear about your friend.I apologize if I came across as trying to dissuade the OP from having gallbladder surgery,I was just relaying a story.

Nothing to apologize for at all.

Hopefully all parties involved find some small measure of peace when it comes to the exquisite pain of gallstones..

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
You've all given me a lot to think about. I've been fine for months because of my changed eating habits. Yesterday I ate an egg white sandwich meal from Mcdonalds. Yes, I ate the hash browns. I shouldn't have. I know better. Bit of pain today from it. And maybe the coffee creamer, didn't realize that could mess with you too. Damn though, the hash browns tasted good. Bland food gets so boring!

I think I'm definitely going to schedule my GB removal. May as well get it over with while I'm youngish and have insurance.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: proloz

Yep, the insurance thing is one of my concerns, a few hours in ER ,a couple of tests, sonogram, and a IV bag. $4500..

obviously if mine flares up again its surgery,but without insurance I need to at least try an alternative.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Oh, you Americans are cards. Let me think, Gall bladder out with keyhole surgery, a night in hospital and drugs for home use. Now let me think how much did it cost me eeerrr, eeerrr oh yes NOTHING. It's about time you Americans kicked these insurance companies, hospital personnel and government into touch and got a decent system going.
Don't say ours is failing, it's not. It's these bas***** in power that is systematically starving the NHS, it was and still is the best in the world.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I hear you lol.....but don't think it happens anytime soon here in the US if ever. You got too many powerful lobbies involved, Big Pharma,Insurance,Hospitals, Medical supplies. Too much money floating around just to give it away for free LOL. Cause all those just mentioned are gonna have to take a big fat pay cut if real nationalized healthcare takes hold here. LOL, one con in a capitalistic society I suppose. That said I make a monthly payment on these bills that I can afford, I'd imagine taxes would be much higher if it was nationalized and that amount might be more difficult to come up with. Why worry about something that won't change in the next 3-4 years in the political climate here anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join