It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living through an ironic paradox

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: St0rD
a reply to: namelesss

However, when it comes to objective and universal truths, a paradox can't be sustained in all of them.

A paradox is a logical impossibility! Something can be tall and short at the same time, good and bad at the same moment, that is not a paradox, the only difference is Perspective.
The word 'objective' (and, thus, 'subjective') is meaningless and obsolete! The only possible 'objective' is the totality of the One unchanging, ALL inclusive Universe! Ever! But all can ONLY be uniquely Known by all unique Perspectives!

"The complete Universe (Reality/Truth/God/'Self!'/Tao/Brahman... or any feature herein...) can be completely defined/described as the synchronous sum-total of all Perspectives!" - Book of Fudd
ALL INCLUSIVE!!!

Some truths are ultimate no matter the perspective.
In this instance, the result is simple -
either God exists or he doesn't. You can't have both.

You're incorrect. QM has eviscerated Aristotelian 'logic'! Refuted the whole thing!;

"All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense." -Robert Anton Wilson

"For every Perspective, there is an equal and opposite Perspective!" - The First Law of Soul Dynamics

This is why the debate in this regards is a very profound one and may cause even more division in the years to come... unfortunately.

The 'debate' will only remain until the last of the vain poisonous Aristotelian logic dies and is critically updated to current understanding, Knowledge.

edit on 7-8-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: namelesss

Sometimes the thing you are measuring is an elephant and all perspective telling it is not a elephant is miss guided (untrue) since the whole picture is not clear.

Perspective does not deny an elephant, 'thoughts/ego' does.
The Reality is that all of your cartoon elephant polishers is One Consciousness! That all input is in One Universal Consciousness! Through all input, We are Omni-! One!

Knowledge = experience! It has nothing to do with 'thoughts', unless you are experiencing 'thoughts'. Then what you 'Know' are your 'thoughts', that's all. Thoughts 'about'.

Your idea at it's most extreme leads to total unknowing instead of questioning the data and refining the answers.

Once again, Knowledge = experience! Here! Now! ALL is Known!

Just because you are a part in a system of parts it does not automatically tell you the whole of the parts.

I never implied any such thing, care to be specific in your critique?

A cell in a body can have the wrong information/perception/belief about the shape of the whole body it belongs to is.

Quite a conflated word salad. There is no such thing as 'wrong information', or perception, as perception = experience = Knowledge! All that exists to perceive is Truth! You can create make-believe, limited/ignorant scenarios in which Truth can be False.
Are you telling me that you think that a single cell has the ability to perceive 'thought', like you do? 'Beliefs' are an infection of thought/ego! The Wise NEVER believe anything that they think/feel (feelings are thoughts)! 'Belief' is insanity!
Can a cell 'imagine'? Use logic? I think the analogy fails.

That the cell is unaware of how the whole should be represented truthfully objectively do not change that the whole includes the information from the cell within itself.

Yes, I think that I have mentioned ad-nauseum that Existence/Reality/Truth is ALL inclusive! And only the 'features' can ever be perceived, uniquely.
It is not possible to 'represent' the Whole, Truthfully, objectively, or otherwise!

There is only one single representation of what was/is/will be that is objectively true.

Really?
Please present evidence of this huge assertion forthwith!
I'm waiting with baited breath! *__-

With awareness we can sort the things we know and the things that seems probable and increase the size of things we know and things that seem probable.

Everything exists! 'Probability' is only a statement of the limits of our Knowledge and vision! Not anything 'probably' exists, everything exists!

Mathematics is a good example of a field we know to be objectively true. Opinion do not matter in Mathematics. 2+1=3 and no other value.

Catch up, my friend! That is not true at all! We need very specific local limitations (focusing on this bit, and ignoring the rest of Reality) for your assertion to be true! For instance, that is ONLY true in a base 10 system! It would be untrue, complete nonsense, in a base 2 system, for instance!
1 pile of sand + 1 pile of sand = 1 pile of sand!
Subtract half that pile and 1 pile remains! Subtract half again, and 1 still remains!
1+1+1+1+1+1... piles of sand = 1 pile of sand.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-- Albert Einstein
Quoted in J R Newman, The World of Mathematics

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You know, I never really did think that its possible for some one for being dual, unless they have a split personality. Or maybe this is about being a hypocrite?

Ever seen Enter the Dragon...that mirror scene supposedly was set up in a way that it to represent the mind. So in a way Bruce is not only fighting his opponent but himself as well, even though his philosophies about not having inner conflict. The usual eastern theme?

Also, I learned that if you peer into a black hole in a certain way, you would actually see the back of your head.

Funny ain't it, even though it all smoke and mirrors in the Maneatiny Lion's Den.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

I wasn't trying to police your language or anything, she probably had it coming anyway. Just saying, you both make assumptions and believe what you happen to believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

You would be surprised how many people worship Science. It is their god.

It makes me laugh though because of the irony of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: St0rdy

Just realised I did not answer your question. My main belief concerns only one thing; it is the ability to tweak things. Whether they are a machine, software, the astral plane or my environment.

It has taken me on great journeys of wisdom and understanding. Along the way I have come across the scientifically-obsessed and only felt pity for them.

On ATS, many such people like to post on the Philosophy/Mataphysics and show their hatred of anything non-scientific.

edit on 13-8-2017 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2017 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Stephen hawking has changed his mind like 3 times on whether god exists or not, each time saying it does, then doesn't, then does; he's just as unsure as everybody else. Personally, I believe that the universe functions on paradoxes, something that doesn't make logical sense to us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join