It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looney Liberals: Americans Must Give Up Pets To Stop Global Warming

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Looney Liberals Now Say That Americans Must Give Up Their Pets In Order To Stop Global Warming

Pet ownership in the United States creates about 64 million tons of carbon dioxide a year, UCLA researchers found. That’s the equivalent of driving 13.6 million cars for a year. The problem lies with the meat-filled diets of kitties and pooches, according to the study by UCLA geography professor Gregory Okin.

I wonder how many cats and dogs would have to be exterminated to reduce Gore's global footprint?

Dogs and cats are responsible for 25 to 30 percent of the impacts of meat production in the United States, said Orkin. Compared to a plant-based diet, meat production “requires more energy, land and water and has greater environmental consequences in terms of erosion, pesticides and waste,” the study found.

Why stop at dogs and cats? There are many other 'pets' out there - but I guess dogs and cats are probably on the top of the list besides horses and - yes, more goats than either dogs or cats.

While previous studies have examined the impact of pet ownership on carbon use, water quality, disease and wildlife, Okin’s study delved into its impact on total U.S. energy and meat consumption and the environmental impact of that consumption.

Something is skewed here. Don't dogs and cats eat what's leftovers after we remove the choice cuts? I thought dog/cat food was made from waste like pig lips and lamb tails and cow ears and stuff? I'll have to check that out.

“However, without large-scale reduction in their number and changes to the food system that drastically reduces the per-capita animal product consumption, the environmental and energetic impact of these animals will remain significant.”

Well, they're not starting with my girls but I can bet you a bad a kibbles before too long we'll be regulated on how many 'pets' we can have. I have no doubt of that at all. Between the 'Global Warming' nut balls and the PETA psychos with their ‘Pet's are not your slaves’ mentality?

Yep. I can see it now - out 'kids' will be regulated, taxed and controlled even more than now.

peace

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13
"Because they eat meat". In other words, this is an indirect swipe against human meat-eating. The same logic would say "kill humans to save the planet". Perhaps it will come to that.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Maybe killing animals is a short term fix to satiate their blood lust.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Okay, get rid of those damn cats.
You're ruining the environment!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I got my dog from a shelter, he was about 3 months old and sick. He survived and is happy with us.

No libtard will mess with my boy.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I got my dog from a shelter, he was about 3 months old and sick. He survived and is happy with us.

No libtard will mess with my boy.

edit on 4/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
We are reaching levels of retardation that shoudn't even be possible. Pets are considered parts of the family you #ing morons. Goddman this bull# pisses me off. Good luck killing of all the dogs that help people in their daily lives for example blind and therapy dogs. These kind of people should do us all a favor and neck themselves because they are far worse.

They went full retard and you should never go full retard.

edit on 4-8-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
From OP's totally unbiased article:

“This analysis does not mean to imply that dog and cat ownership should be curtailed for environmental reasons, but neither should we view it as an unalloyed good,” Okin wrote in the study. “It is clear that a transition to pets that eat less meat, and therefore have less environmental impact, would reduce the overall U.S. consumption of meat.”

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Maybe killing animals is a short term fix to satiate their blood lust.

They hate us for eating meat, but never mind how they drink blood.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Tabloid articles always bring in the suckers.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Watch in the next 6 months someone will get in trouble for killing the neighbors barkin ass dog, and they'll blame it on it causing global warming.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

All liberals and leftists are non pet owning, vegans.

link   
a reply to: Kali74
a reply to: Grimpachi

Don't harsh their mellow.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Agreed, the butcherguy act coined by Augustus in the other thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: butcherguy

Agreed, the butcherguy act coined by Augustus in the other thread.

I didn;t think it could get any crazier than blaming beefburgers, but i guess I was wrong.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Be honest. We all already known they marry their animals, but to us they still count as pets.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Keep spewing your hatred...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Keep spewing your hatred...

You have a strange definition of hatred.
It's a cartoon.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Be honest. We all already known they marry their animals, but to us they still count as pets.

No, no, no...you've got it all wrong.
We have to kill all the animals or else they might die!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
All those who truly believe that carbon dioxide is a threat can simply cease to exist and we will all be grateful for their sacrifice for the greater good.

Their passing will be celebrated as a great contribution to the furtherance of the human race.

Basically, put up or shut up you hypocrites.

When those who tout the dangers of AGW and carbon dioxide give up their massive homes and private jets, maybe then I'll put forth some more effort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join