It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairchild and Moses Lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm finally getting my pictures uploaded. Unfortunately, it was my first attempt at my new lens, so many of my Thunderbirds pictures didn't come out as well as I hoped. By the time they flew, my eyes were hurting from the heat and being in the sun all day, and I had my shutter set a little too slow. Some great pictures before they flew though, and a few of them that came out pretty well.

So, with that out of the way......

Fairchild:

Moses Lake:

Conditions sucked on the last day I was there, but still some interesting catches.

And the big catch of the trip:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Great pics,
Is that un painted 747 one of the potential AF1?
And as always great pics though you had issues.

Just got my first real camera. It's a Canon Rebel EOS sl1. I already have over a thousand aviation pics ( loving the continuous shooting ). Was just outside playing with the speed/aperture as the late night fflight arrive in Pittsburgh.

Now I have to find a way to upload to ATS.

Edit: is the Big Catch a Mitsubishi?
edit on 3-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

No, that one is actually AirBridge Cargo, LN1541. It doesn't have an official registration yet. The two that might become the new VC-25s are painted white and in storage.

Use Imgur for your pics. That's what I'm using. It's pretty easy to use.

Yes. There were three flying around that day, but two of them stayed off where I couldn't see them come back into the field. That one went northeast after departure, and eventually came back right by where we were parked.
edit on 8/3/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the tip.
Glad you got to see these birds. And thanks for sharing, the fishing is great up in the Spokane area.... get craking. If you're lucky you'll catch an A-10 banking low through the Spokane and Columbia rivers.😉

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I had a member of the Hornet family go about 100 feet over the top of me while I was on the bridge going across the gorge.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Holy Cr@p! Musta felt deep and fast. This is why you need a GoPro or a 360 recorder on top of the cab.

Edit: beautiful area btw.
edit on 3-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Great pics, I love the ww2 bomber. the flying boat is really nice too, I saw one for sale on youtube not too long ago.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

What's flying with the P51 is it a ventura?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510
B25 Mitchell looks like.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Nice one

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I live in Spokane and I usually watch the airshow from my father in laws place just down the road from Fairchild. I was working this year or I may have paid the admission price for a chance to run into Zaphod the legend.

Awesome pictures, the temp was almost 100 degrees that weekend so I can only imagine how hot it felt on those runways.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Zaph I want that chemtrailers sticker.

You were hoping to see the MRJ and you did, well done. Good catch with the Catalina too.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

I was just bummed that the conditions sucked so bad when I did catch her. We had really bad smoke from fires up in BC move down over the area that morning. It got really bad after she went through though.

We were both laughing over the chemtrail sticker, and the "Not A Yak" on the tail.
edit on 8/4/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

That was the B-25D Grumpy, and the P-51B Impatient Virgin. Interestingly, the B-25 came by the D-Day stripes legitimately, and unlike many of the old warbirds flying around, both of them served in WWII. The P-51 actually crashed in Europe, and was salvaged and restored.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Impatient Virgin? lol.

Sounds like it's a Virgin no more after it crashed.

Oh and that teamchemtrail.... That's not helping things.

You know someone is gonna bring that up as proof of conspiracy.

edit on 4-8-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Eh well. It was appropriate. That was one of the ones that had a smoke generator on board.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I can almost hear the collective scream of chemtrail conspiricists.

"I TOLD YOU!"

Funny though.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That was the B-25D Grumpy, and the P-51B Impatient Virgin. Interestingly, the B-25 came by the D-Day stripes legitimately, and unlike many of the old warbirds flying around, both of them served in WWII. The P-51 actually crashed in Europe, and was salvaged and restored.

I love stories like that where something has actual history to it. There was a guy at Duxford who had built a spitfire I'll add the link to his website as what he had to do to build was amazing. You can hire it as a static display at weddings and things. simply spitfire

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I have not been to a sky fest in years and last time I was there I was stuck directing traffic. I cant currently see the pictures but how close to the runway did they let you guys get?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Some great shots! Man, the 16 was such a beautiful design. I fell in love with it as a child and without it would never have joined the USA with such a quickness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join