It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Claims that by Censoring Conservative Videos it is Fighting Online Terrorism.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

left-wing websites like Youtube

Seriously? Have you seen how many religious and gun videos there are on Youtube??? It's full of conservatives.

I do find the hate speech thing troubling. What if I say I think it's a good idea to not let Muslims into America? Does that make me a terrorist?

Did you not read direclty from youtube that certain keyword searches will "redirect you to, left-wing, curated playlist to try to indoctrinate people on what ideologies to believe in?... I excerpted the relevant parts in the op. For example.

At the start this is part of what youtube states.

More experts: Of course, our systems are only as good as the the data they’re based on. Over the past weeks, we have begun working with more than 15 additional expert NGOs and institutions through our Trusted Flagger program, including the Anti-Defamation League, the No Hate Speech Movement, and the Institute for Strategic Dialogue. These organizations bring expert knowledge of complex issues like hate speech, radicalization, and terrorism that will help us better identify content that is being used to radicalize and recruit extremists.

Those "expert NGOs" are all "left-wing sources" whom have labeled people with conservative values as the enemy, and as "extremists".

Early intervention and expanding counter-extremism work: We’ve started rolling out features from Jigsaw’s Redirect Method to YouTube. When people search for sensitive keywords on YouTube, they will be redirected towards a playlist of curated YouTube videos that directly confront and debunk violent extremist messages.

youtube.googleblog.com...

edit on 4-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I understand your viewpoint, but I respectfully disagree. In my eyes it has only to do with the money. Money drives corporations like google. To a point, google could coast downhill without any money (kinda like the car driving the engine down a hill/ ie; engine braking) but eventually it will go where the money tells it to go.

If you don't believe me you could always check out out what happened to Bill O'Reilly on Fox....sponsors pulled out, he got canned. Corporations are in it for the money, google/youtube notwithstanding.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Google is a nightmare. They are doing the same thing with search engine rankings now.but it is difficult to detect. Yahoo/Bing much better and farer compare results sometime.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's open repression of free speech but these are private corporations and can do as they want.
They decide what is "fair" and what is not.
So long as we use them and their services we are paying them to silence us.
We must find alternatives and leave them in the dust.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join