It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Claims that by Censoring Conservative Videos it is Fighting Online Terrorism.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

errr...no, Soros is a progressive liberal... Seriously, the inventions of some people to try to avoid blaming their ideals...

George Soros
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He is a well-known supporter of American progressive and American liberal political causes and dispenses his donations through his foundation, the Open Society Foundations.

en.wikipedia.org...

And about your claim that people are picking on him because he is Jewish... He has made clear in interviews that he made his fortune by acquiring and selling the properties and assets confiscated from Jewish people by the NAZIS. He made it clear that back then, he started when he was 14 years old, he didn't feel any remorse about it, and doesn't feel any remorse about it now either. Not to mention that he has stated to not believe in God, he is an atheist.

George Soros has funded the White Helmets, he has helped set up false stories trying to put blame in Russia, and Syria, although Assad is no angel in great part a lot of claims are false and people like Soros use those claims to destabilize nations. He doesn't give a crap about anyone, even though he is lauded as a philanthropist. But what philanthropist would feel no remorse for having made his fortune by acquiring properties and items of values from Jewish families which were imprisoned by the NAZIS?...

edit on 4-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment and link.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Fighting Online terrorism ay?

Is that the same reason why Syrian Government channels get taken down, but the Islamist terrorist ones are allowed to stay up?

What even is online terrorism? Seems like a ridiculous term really.

The real reason is that Google is deep in the regressive left. The regressive left's ideas simply don't hold up to the slightest scrutiny so anyone who questions them must be silenced.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
How hard is it to let people speak? If you want to make hate speech and extremism, the best way is to do so is to silence hate speech and extremism.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Because Thought Police and Newspeak make you more free. You need to be shown how to think correctly. They are doing it under the guise of stopping Islamic Radicalization of youths. Somehow I don't think YT or FB has been be the primary method of indoctrinating people along the path of Jihadism. You have nothing to fear from Google and FB. They love you and have always loved you. You should Love Google. You should Love FB. Freedom of speech is limiting what you see and hear. Just wait till Mark Zuckerberg runs for President.....can't wait to see what I should think.
edit on 4-8-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
"Those damn pesky kids and their you tubes .
"

Suddenly conservatives are against banning certain groups and views?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

wow. So now anyone with an alternative viewpoint will be hushed up into oblivion, never to be heard??

Does this mean furture generations will all be programmed to think only left-side politics/tactics and never allow anyone with a different opinion to be heard?

So lets see...

They want freedom but want those with political sidings to the right to be censored?

They want equality but want those with political sidings to the right to be shackled?

They want future generations to be gay/lesbian/trans and loving of all Muslims?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
it`s pathetic that youtube thinks that they are actually that relevant that they can influence politics,i thought that the only reason most people go on youtube is to watch music videos or car repair videos. anyone who watches youtube videos to gain a political perspective is someone who`s vote you shouldn`t be trying to get anyhow.
they aren`t serious about politics and voting because if they were they wouldn`t be going to youtube for political advice.

Oh well if you thought it ... it must be true.

I mean, you've never watched a YouTube video in your life right? No YouTube video of Trumps rallies, no YouTube video of the debates or election results. Because if you did you'd be the exact person your whining about.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

A few months ago corporations like youtube, google, Facebook/Fakebook hired pro-Soros, and very left-wing "fact-checkers" in their first attempt to suppress videos, or content that wasn't very "left-wing friendly".

soros is a capitalist right winger, he spent his life fighting communism.
it's always funny when low level intellect types fantasise that he's bankrolling anything remotely left wing.
he is jewish which is where the original hatred came from, remember when goldman sachs were evil?
the far right need hate figures either real or imaginary so a jew seeking fair treatment for coloured people is an easy target.
unless you incorrectly class equal rights as left wing thing at which point stalin, mao and pol pot say hi.

WHOA!!

The level of brainwashing runs deep!!!

Do you realize how insane and misinformed what you just suggested is???? That's complete rubbish!

Oh, and the same U-toob video where you saw this lunacy has you building shrines to the likes of Nero, Hitler, ISIS and Charles Manson as upstanding pillars of humanity, right?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The left is no longer the left anymore. Liberals are now the new church telling us if we don't act or think correctly we're going to be shamed or silenced.

The world has reversed in a very short amount of time

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
So on a lighter note. There is a channel called Emergency Awesome that talks about Comic Book TV shows and Movies. Nothing wrong with that. So on an upcoming tv show this season they are going to have a character named Goddess Isis. I bet you can already guess where this heading. His video got Flagged and he had to reupload it because he said the word 'Isis'. This character debuted in the 70s but you can't say her name now.

It's all getting out of hand.
edit on 4-8-2017 by KalDarryl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KalDarryl

I like his channel but always suspected him to be a nerdy member isis

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Do you realize how insane and misinformed what you just suggested is???? That's complete rubbish!

And then...

same U-toob video where you saw this lunacy has you building shrines to the likes of Nero, Hitler, ISIS and Charles Manson as upstanding pillars of humanity, right?

Insane and misinformed you say?

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Meh, it was inevitable. We must all think, believe the same thing and only parrot the PC talking points.

Not unlike life behind the Iron Curtain, except now.........its the Digital Curtain.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I Heard 4chan is going to use the same "Trusted Flagger" program. Should work out great!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well if the shoe was on the other front, I think conservatives would say "well, that's capitalism."

In a free market economy, youtube/google (a corporation) is allowed to censor views that it deems inappropriate to it's capitalistic endeavors. Whether I or you or anyone agrees or disagrees is immaterial to the argument.

There are plenty of sites that will host videos without censorship. It is certainly not beyond rational thought to simply use one of them, right? If a large amount of capital goes to those sites which host conservative viewpoints, then google/youtube will probably try to regain that lost capital.

That's the way business works.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

It has nothing to do with capitalism, and has everything to do with liberal progressive ideology. For example, liberal progressives, including some RINOs, have made it so that a private business can be sued if that private business owner dares "not make a cake for a gay couple".

Even if the owner tries to fight back using your reasoning that "it is his/her private business", the courts will side with the gay couple "because they are progressive liberals". I am not trying to argue whether the decision of the business owner is right or wrong, but rather that because that business owner makes a decision which disagrees with "progressive liberal ideology", it is immediately labeled as an invalid argument. So in truth only as long as "you follow progressive liberal ideology" will you be able to win your argument "according to the courts".

We could use other conservative viewpoints as examples. For example, views on "abortion". Again, if a nurse dares choose that she doesn't want to help a woman who wants to abort her "human fetus", that nurse can be sued "because the progressive liberal viewpoint that a human fetus is not really human, and a nurse must help a woman who wants to abort even if she disagrees with that decision", the courts will rule in favor of the "liberal progressive viewpoint that states a human fetus is not human and a nurse must act against her own conscious".

The same would happen if an ill person decides to end his/her life. According to "progressive liberal ideology", if a person makes that decision no one should try to make them change their minds. If a nurse, or a religious person tries to dissuade the ill person from asking for assisted suicide, "progressive liberals" will laud the decision of the ill person because "it is their opinion to be the right decision/way". But if someone tries to dissuade that ill person "it will immediately be labeled as "being the wrong decision".

And last but not least. The latest "liberal progressive ideology" states that people can't say the truth about what happens within certain "minority groups". For example, the case of the elderly woman in Sweden who stated in social media that she saw a Muslim man defecate in the streets, that elderly woman is facing jail simply for pointing out what a Muslim person was doing in the street.

Liberal progressive ideology argues that "Muslim radicals can and should be able to make their radical speeches even if they are calling for the deaths of non-Muslims". However, the same "liberal progressive ideology" also dictates that if you point out the hatred in the views of Muslim radicals "you are a racist, fascist and Islamophobic". As it is, in countries that are very, very "liberal progressive" Muslim radicals can spout their hatred, and wishes of death upon non-believers, but a non-Muslim cannot point out "Muslim radicalism".

As i wrote at the start, it has nothing to do with "capitalism" but it has everything to do with "liberal progressive ideology".

edit on 4-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Again, if it was censoring liberal videos, the "right"would spring to their defense claiming capitalism.

And obviously, if it's being FUNDED by Soros, they are following the direction that the MONEY wants them to go....

As far as abortion, making a cake, suicide, and truth...those are for another thread. I'm discussing YOUTUBE here, as per the OP (unless you want the conversation to go into that direction.) Personally I think you are seeing way too much into "progressive liberal ideology" and the verbiage of your posts make you seem scared of it or at the very least angry over it. Why?

While I don't agree with censorship in any form, I can see the underlying reason that it might happen. I know the world isn't all smiles and rainbows and I believe that to a certain extent all viewpoints should be allowed to be expressed. Like I said in my post, Youtube is but one video hosting service, there are many. I'm sure there's a conservative video hosting service that won't let any centrist or liberal videos be shown. If not, that's a cash cow waiting to be milked.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

All those discussions have been made, and will continue to be made in youtube... The OP is about Youtube censoring conservative videos... Conservative videos will include videos about "abortion, assisted suicide, etc, etc"... The fact of the matter keeps being that youtube, alongside other "businesses" only allow free speech as long as "liberal progressive ideology" is not being put in question.

As for your argument that "it has to do with money".... It does not... There are millions and millions of people who have conservative values, youtube, and other social media will lose those people. Even if new social media platforms are made, corporations like google, youtube, etc, will file lawsuits against those new "media platforms" and will argue "copyright infringement" in their attempts to stop any new social media platform. This is nothing more than an attempt by the left to suppress conservative ideologies, and to only allow "liberal progressive ideology to be expressed".

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

All those discussions have been made, and will continue to be made in youtube... The OP is about Youtube censoring conservative videos... Conservative videos will include videos about "abortion, assisted suicide, etc, etc"... The fact of the matter keeps being that youtube, alongside other "businesses" only allow free speech as long as "liberal progressive ideology" is not being put in question.

As for your argument that "it has to do with money".... It does not... There are millions and millions of people who have conservative values, youtube, and other social media will lose those people. Even if new social media platforms are made, corporations like google, youtube, etc, will file lawsuits against those new "media platforms" and will argue "copyright infringement" in their attempts to stop any new social media platform.

This is nothing more than an attempt by the left to suppress conservative ideologies, and to only allow "liberal progressive ideology to be expressed".

edit on 4-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

left-wing websites like Youtube

Seriously? Have you seen how many religious and gun videos there are on Youtube??? It's full of conservatives.

I do find the hate speech thing troubling. What if I say I think it's a good idea to not let Muslims into America? Does that make me a terrorist?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join