It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Full transcripts of Trump’s calls with Mexico and Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Trump’s calls with Mexico and Australia

For some reason, I can't link the address from W post
click the first article

I am not going to say much about them as I think reading them will make things self-evident. It did seem like Trump expected Mexican President Peña Nieto to be familiar with what he had said at his rallies and I don't think he did.

The transcripts were prepared by the White House but have not been released. The Post is publishing reproductions rather than original documents in order to protect sources. The reproductions below also include minor spelling and grammatical mistakes that appeared in the documents.

I am sure questions of who leaked the transcripts will cause some Whitehouse chaos. The leak this time is really bad, how will a foreign leader conduct a phone call with the WH after this? How can they ever be confident enough to speak openly about any range of sensitive issues?
edit on 3-8-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Are phone calls with foreign leaders supposed to be released to the public?

Why isn't someone in jail for this?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is illegal all the way. Someone needs to be arrested.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure these transcripts originated from outside of the US? I'm pretty sure when this happened it was on the news here in Australia. Due to how ill-mannered Trump was on the phone.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Amazing that a conversation between two heads of state would be leaked... and people try to pretend there is no deep state at work in the USA.

You are right OP, it makes any conversations with a world leader very difficult. There are some anti-American forces are work trying to take down and/or stifle a duly elected President and his administration.
edit on 3/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Amazing that a conversation between two heads of state would be leaked... and people try to pretend there is no deep state at work in the USA.

You are right OP, it makes any conversations with a world leader very difficult. There are some anti-American forces are work trying to take down and/or stifle a duly elected President and his administration.

Yep, its a National security risk.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I actually think this is awful.

I mean, leak whatever... but its really no ones place to judge ANYTHING from these transcripts. The guy's a negotiator. I dont care how much I hate him, hes doing just that on the phone. Negotiating. And anyone in business will tell you that certain things need to be said in order to push a negotiation one way or the other. Not for public consumption because NOTHING AND EVERYTHING is out of context.

Trump gets a raw deal on this one.

link   

originally posted by: Badams

I'm pretty sure these transcripts originated from outside of the US? I'm pretty sure when this happened it was on the news here in Australia. Due to how ill-mannered Trump was on the phone.

Come on now - I know many Aussies... I don't know one that would consider anything in that transcript as ill mannered.
You guys usually have thicker skin.

link   
If the transcripts were classified then someone could be facing jail, but if they weren't the ones responsible for leaking them may only face being fired.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Big editing job I bet.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
I personally don't care, but I do think I remember seeing it on the news. I could be mistaken however, it may have been of the many other times trumps unprofessionslism has got him on TV here in Aus.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
And it´s gone.

Error: Infinitive redirection

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
And it´s gone.

Same - I wonder have they taken it down?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Probably.

shhhh... they´re watching us...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badams

Exactly, in your country, you heard it like it was, in our country trump called it fake news, that is what he does, and its really supper old, and trump supporters use it all the time, no matter what facts you state, and then you ask them to back up what they say, and they ignore your request...Do you know why? Not because they don't want to, they would love to give a slap on the face, to anyone who says anything negative about the Boss Baby. They literally can not. 80% of the time there is absolutely nothing other than trumps words to back up what they say. It is ridiculous! Now I laugh though!
edit on 3-8-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

That's why leaks are illegal and compromise national security. There is illegal activity occurring within the administration, with the complicity of the media, for the sole purpose of smearing the president. It's going to ruin the United States' standing with other countries.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: verschickter
And it´s gone.

Same - I wonder have they taken it down?

It will not let me link it for some reason.

click the first article

edit on 3-8-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

T It's going to ruin the United States' standing with other countries.

Trumps already doing a bang up job of that as it is

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Trumps already doing a bang up job of that as it is

He is.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
grauniad still has theirs up and here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join