It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the dollar tanking?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: ZeusAdur0

From what I know as an amateur the value of the dollar should be increasing with the DOW.

What should be increasing in value right now is precious metals not the market.

Is this a major bubble forming?

You would be right prior to 1990's introduction of HFT but we all know this no longer the 90's. Market fundamentals are out of the window. This market is solely controlled by Flash Boys & Co.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How can the dollar be losing value compared to foreign currencies if the Fed is raising interests rates and the DOW is rising?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

...What happened in Nov?

The Deep State, the Progressives, the handing-over-America to the NWO-UN got a 4 year delay because of the Trump victory....

most if not All sovereign Reserve Monies held by many nations are being spent and very little buying of new Treasuries is presently going on.... (other than the outright evident scheme of one Northern EU Nation buying up some $40 billions of new paper that was actually bought with Federal Reserve cash handed over to the Danes to purchase the despised and unsecure USDollar)

confidence in the Federal Reserve Note is still seeking a bottom... some are guessing support to drop to 90 or even lower as the time-goes-by

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The dollar has been tanking since we dropped the gold standard.

With fractional reserve lending, they just keep making more and more money- and that money is going pretty much straight to the top 5% richest people in the country...

Add more dollars, and the value of all dollars combined is the same... then the value of each individual dollar goes down.

don't worry, TPTB will either crash it into nothing and replace it, or keep it afloat a few more years until they're ready.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeusAdur0

Ok so I have the right fundamentals at least.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Not really the dollar was rising until Nov.

Just check my link in the OP.
edit on 3-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yes. but the wrong play book.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeusAdur0

Yes. but the wrong play book.

Minus the voodoo economics of the modern age. Damn Wall Street and it's synthetic trading.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

How can the dollar be losing value compared to foreign currencies if the Fed is raising interests rates and the DOW is rising?

I just explained it to you. I cant make it any simpler than what I said.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

a reply to: lordcomac

Not really the dollar was rising until Nov.

Just check my link in the OP.

Compared to what, exactly? Some other cookie-dough currency?

www.fortressgoldgroup.com...

I know the chart only goes to 2010, but do you honestly see a change in the long term trend?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey toys, please take some advice from me which is do your own research.

Never trust someone who tells people to trust no one.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A weaker currency means more investment in the stock market.

It becomes cheaper to buy US shares, so the stock market goes up.

It's a fairly classic bubble engineering technique.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Exactly what I told him on the first page.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

It becomes cheaper to buy US shares, so the stock market goes up.

It's a fairly classic bubble engineering technique.

It also becomes cheaper to lose your a$$ too. Where is the appreciable gain in that? Guess ATS isn't about learning lessons. Just losing.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
From stocks to the lifeboat of cash they run only to get sunk then royally kicked in the bun.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

The dow is not an indication of the economy's general health. I don't care if a liberal, conservative, or economic genius tells you otherwise. Correlation does not imply causation.

And what everyone said above:
Weaker Dollar = More investment in US Stocks
edit on 3-8-2017 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Do we actually have a supply and demand styled economy with insider speculation the order of the day?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Foreign investors put money into a country if they think there is going to be a return on their investments or they want a save haven to launder their loot. Perhaps it's property prices rising, corporations having a monopoly and/or being able to provide high returns on dividends. If they are pulling money out, it could be because they need the money back in their home country (due to new tax laws), they aren't going to get a return on their investments because of a crackdown on corporations treating their customers like cash cows, or maybe the USA government is getting tough on cheap labor.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Please ignore both dollar value and stock market. Both are not real and that game is reserved for the power players that borrow at 0 percent interest. I hate to sound like a broken record, but none of what you see is real. The "investments from other countries" is a farce on its face.

Basically the dollar is strong when the world looks like hell and when all looks well the dollar goes to hell.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why is the dollar tanking
Well trillions of dollars debt
The US dollar is no longer the only currency that oil can be traded in

Pretty much all there is

Oh, buy bitcoin, it's safer

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join